Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

So in summary;

More Parents involved in their children's coaching sessions.
Coaches being valued and offered chances to improve themselves as coaches.
Increased Support coming from County Officials/ paid officers.
Increased support to primary school teachers
More club support for local secondary/ grammar schools in terms of coaching and helping out with teams

Does anyone think that for clubs and our county that any of these basic principals would be difficult as a starting point?

aontroim

Positive meeting with Jerry Wallace last night by the sound of it, and it would seem that U21 and Minor teams will be part of his remit also.  Trials for U21 & Minor panel starting in November.

Also casting the net far and wide again to try and find new additions to the senior panel - all clubs asked to nominate 4 players who werent part of last years squad.  Wallace then going to run up to 5 trial matches through Nov to look at all the talent on offer.

Final interesting point of note is that the Minors will be at least 17 1/2 years old and no younger players will be looked at for trials  :o (Clubs to each nominate up to 6 players)

Hurling Trials & Development Dates

Date                        Event                             Venue         Time
Wednesday Nov 9         Senior Trial Game                   TBC          7.30pm
Saturday Nov 12         U21 & Minor Dev Squads            TBC          9.45am
Saturday Nov 12           Senior Trial Game                   TBC          2.00pm
Saturday Nov 19         U21 & Minor Dev Squads            TBC          9.45am
Wednesday Nov 23     Senior Trial Game                      TBC          2.00pm
Saturday Nov 26        U21 & Minor Dev Squads             TBC          9.45am
Saturday Nov 26          Senior Trial Game                    TBC           2.00pm
Wednesday Nov 30       Senior Trial Game                   TBC           7.30pm
Saturday Dec 3             Senior Fitness Test                  TBC          9.45am

Milltown Row2

Heard That tonight funny enough . Will wait till I'm sober before I have a point on it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maxpower

That can't be right about the minors, surely as long as they are not u16 they are good to go.

Personally I detest trail matches, especially in November when some players won't have lifted a hurl in months and others hurling steady college, county champions etc, but if it unearths another player that is great.

Who is the backroom team
What happens next????

Seamroga in exile

Anybody else for the Cushendall/Loughgiel game tomorrow? I see GD is referring, should be an open game.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Lecale2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 29, 2011, 01:46:55 AM
Heard That tonight funny enough . Will wait till I'm sober before I have a point on it

We'll maybe hear from you by Thursday so.

Seamroga in exile

Half time: Cushendall 1-08 Shamrocks 0-05. Cushendall had big wind advantage first half. I'm not so sure 6 points is going to be enough. Btw, it's Herbie referring.

Seamroga in exile

Full time: cushendall 1.10 Shamrocks 2-15

gelvis

Feisty enough affair in Cushendall but that was to be expected.  Was Eunan McKillop sent off for pulling the man down when everyone else was in the scuffle?

Heard the Rasharkin v Lamh Dherg game was even fiestier though?  Ray Matthew's throwing down fistycuffs to players too?
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Seamroga in exile

There should have been more yellow cards in the first half Gelvis. I'm trying not to put herbie down but he seemed out of his league there today.

gelvis

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 30, 2011, 04:21:19 PM
There should have been more yellow cards in the first half Gelvis. I'm trying not to put herbie down but he seemed out of his league there today.

To be fair to Herbie there wouldn't have been many left playing if he had booked them as normal.  Wouldn't have mattered who the referee was.  It's an end of season game, one set of players with nothing to lose but scores to settle.  They're the same every year sure.  I for one have absolutely no problem paying in to watch a game like that!  Some of the hurling wasn't bad either  :D
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Seamroga in exile

Agreed. Some good hurlng on view as well.

Jesusjones

Some rough stuff from both teams today and I don't know how Loughgiel get away with only 1 yellow card. Couldn't believe Herbie let the game go with a full scale fight going on involving at least 15 players, crazy decision from him. It looked like he panicked and didn't know what to do. If ever there was a case for having the league finished before the start of the championship then this was it.

Seamroga in exile

Like I said posted earlier JJ, he seemed out of his league. But then as gelvis said, it could have ended up  15 playing 12. I wouldn't want to be a referee, it's a thankless task.

Buswhacker

One thing for sure,Shamrocks have proved themselves by far the beat team in Ulster,no doubt about that.