Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: ruairi on October 16, 2011, 11:08:44 AM
SIE I also know why every other club thinks the worst of yous. It's not great to be a bad loser(not saying loughiel are), but its terrible to be a bad winner. As expected I witnessed mouthing from your supporters directly after the county final. If yous were gracious in defeat and winning, then people might respect you a little more. Your team aren't as bad for it, mainly your supporters.

Last year, when yous won the title for first time, I didnt mind as much because your players have put in alot of effort and kept coming back year after year. i wouldnt have begrudged them a medal. However this year was a different story. absolutely devastated and to be taunted has not done your club any favours in my eyes.

You would obviously condemn the mouthing from a section of Cushendall supporters about the marital status of Loughgiel players during the county final?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bog Ash Camam

Quote from: Minder on October 16, 2011, 12:23:15 PM
SIE I also know why every other club thinks the worst of yous. It's not great to be a bad loser(not saying loughiel are), but its terrible to be a bad winner. As expected I witnessed mouthing from your supporters directly after the county final. If yous were gracious in defeat and winning, then people might respect you a little more. Your team aren't as bad for it, mainly your supporters.

Last year, when yous won the title for first time, I didnt mind as much because your players have put in alot of effort and kept coming back year after year. i wouldnt have begrudged them a medal. However this year was a different story. absolutely devastated and to be taunted has not done your club any favours in my eyes.

You would obviously condemn the mouthing from a section of Cushendall supporters about the marital status of Loughgiel players during the county final?
Sure all clubs player's and supporters have their mouth pieces, my own club included!

I sense a note of sour grapes on your part lad! :-X
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

Seamroga in exile

I heard St Galls catchment area stretches to Belleek!  :)

Agh now lads, I wasn't being serious. Some people need to loosen up a bit.

Again this is a case of sweeping generalisation, and a very poor retort.

There were a few of your team and club mates over the night of the championship final, they were made more than welcome. You'd be wiser and better suited sorting out what is said by your management team along the sideline to opposing teams' management and supporters before you go casting stones!
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

the colonel

Sie you make comments every week and when taken to task on them you say you weren't being serious however you'd need to be a mindreader to know if you were being serious or not. At least give some hint
the difference between success and failure is energy

ruairi

Minder, comments like that would make my club look bad. personal attacks def shouldnt be part of what the GAA are about.As far as im concerned about the management, our management should have had enough wit not to retaliate with any comments or actions. im sure that would be sorted out in private.

My comments were regarding being bad winners. That is all (not their team, more their supporters) After training all year to get beat, it's the last thing you need to hear before you have left the grounds.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: the colonel on October 16, 2011, 03:17:33 PM
Sie you make comments every week and when taken to task on them you say you weren't being serious however you'd need to be a mindreader to know if you were being serious or not. At least give some hint
I'll try to be a better poster for you colonel.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: ruairi on October 16, 2011, 03:34:39 PM
Minder, comments like that would make my club look bad. personal attacks def shouldnt be part of what the GAA are about.As far as im concerned about the management, our management should have had enough wit not to retaliate with any comments or actions. im sure that would be sorted out in private.

My comments were regarding being bad winners. That is all (not their team, more their supporters) After training all year to get beat, it's the last thing you need to hear before you have left the grounds.
I note you posted "retaliate". I heard it was mainly one way to begin with, and not from our side.

ruairi

well then someone is telling porkies.....either way it shouldnt be happening. i enjoy winning and sitting all winter knowing you beat every team that you came up against when it counted, but i definitely wouldnt be out making those other teams feel worse than they already do. Anyway the only reason I brought it up was because of your comment about why you thought alot of other clubs didnt have a favourable opinion of your club. I was just talking about my perosnal experience of why I would be of that opinion.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: ruairi on October 16, 2011, 04:04:57 PM
well then someone is telling porkies.....either way it shouldnt be happening. i enjoy winning and sitting all winter knowing you beat every team that you came up against when it counted, but i definitely wouldnt be out making those other teams feel worse than they already do. Anyway the only reason I brought it up was because of your comment about why you thought alot of other clubs didnt have a favourable opinion of your club. I was just talking about my perosnal experience of why I would be of that opinion.
If that's the case then I can only apologise for whatever moron made those comments to you. It's certainly not indicative of the vast majority of Loughgiel supporters who, to be frank, were not in the slightest bit interested in how you and your team mates felt. We were more interested in our own lads and the celebrations to follow.

Seamroga in exile

Coolderry are offaly champions, beat Birr in the final. Ballygunner Waterford champions.

ruairi

SIE fair enough, its not your place to apologise. you didnt say it. No point worrying about it.

Enjoy your winter over there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 16, 2011, 05:08:08 PM
Coolderry are offaly champions, beat Birr in the final. Ballygunner Waterford champions.

Loughlin Gaels beat handy last week also, it's a good thing you're not playing them this year ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2011, 08:24:16 PM

Loughlin Gaels beat handy last week also, it's a good thing you're not playing them this year ;)
I wouldn't have minded getting them in the final.   ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 16, 2011, 09:33:57 PM

Have yous improved that much?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2011, 09:37:11 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 16, 2011, 09:33:57 PM

Have yous improved that much?
We all have bad days, that was one of them.