Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Mr2 and auld stock you both have points. Clubs with county players lose their services and dual clubs suffer dually! Get club hurling lifted and county will follow.

Milltown Row2

Auldstock. You were beat by Dunloy who were in the same situation as yourselves, missing county players, pretty even keel for me that game.  We provide the most county players to the county. That is football and hurling!

It has a bigger drain on us were winning the league is concerned, if losing  the Feis cup to a team equally hampered has made it the same, then i misunderstood how important that north Antrim cup is.  :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Yeah. Cdalls 6 to dunloys 2,   pretty even ???   IMO club hurling has went back since dinnys 2nd spell.   Best year county had in past 4/5 years was getting to 1/4 final against cork.  And by all accounts it was Jerry who put in all the work with the lads that year.  Change is good
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

maxpower

not that it matters significantly but dunloy had 4 on the county panel Shorty, Kev Molloy, Kev McKeague and Paddy Doc
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

Are you sure?

Look regardless of who is missing for games, Dunloy beat Cushendall and were missing their best players as were the dall. When your club misses players all year then come back to me  :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

You're never one to let parochialism get in the way of an objective argument MR ;)

Your footballers are a league above everyone else. It's not really a comparable situation and the feis cup would mean a bit more than the beringer cup :P

btdtgtt

Lads lads - missing the point! You are debating over who has had most players missing - fact is no team should have any missing! Full sides out = competitive games = strong club scene = stronger prep for county.

Milltown Row2

That is a reserve competition, couldn't tell you were mums medal is FFS!!

I hope we get a good run with this new manager, players need to buy into it.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2011, 10:40:47 PM

the players will and have. Thats why i cant see the fuss about dinny. The players love jerry. Nothing but good things to say about him.   Time will tell

Sleeping giant

Quote from: hardstation on October 13, 2011, 11:00:54 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 13, 2011, 10:47:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2011, 10:40:47 PM

the players will and have. That's why i cant see the fuss about Dinny. The players love Jerry. Nothing but good things to say about him.   Time will tell
The players appeared to "love" S&W and they couldn't have made a bigger cnut of things.
LOL,  agreed!!! :D  This will be different,  This is the right man for job, ffs give him a chance people

Bog Ash Camam

Good luck to Donncha Mac Cathail.   :o Lets hope he is treated better by other counties in Ireland!

The man showed intense dedication and perserverance, yet we ditch the man!  Wallis must be somewhat cheaper!!!!!  ;)
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Bog Ash Camam on October 14, 2011, 12:13:43 PM
Good luck to Donncha Mac Cathail.   :o Lets hope he is treated better by other counties in Ireland!

The man showed intense dedication and perserverance, yet we ditch the man!  Wallis must be somewhat cheaper!!!!!  ;)
Lets hope he gets treated better?????   Lets hope are u21s gets treated better!!!!!!!

Bog Ash Camam

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 14, 2011, 12:44:24 PM

Lets hope he gets treated better?????   Lets hope are u21s gets treated better!!!!!!!
Fair point indeed SG!
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

gelvis

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 14, 2011, 12:44:24 PM

Is Jerry Wallis/Wallace taking control of the U21s or leaving it to Bubble?
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

the colonel

Micky Johnson taking 21s
the difference between success and failure is energy