Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I'm surprised that the hurling convert from Tyrone is not on, his knowledge of the sport is renowned. I was waiting on his report on today's games and who was responsible for the defeats ;D ;D

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pdiddy

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 09, 2011, 06:53:38 PM
Dinny out. Wallis in. Anyone?

Yip that's what I heard.  To be confirmed at tonights meeting.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

btdtgtt

You Shamrocks must be looking down south with glee! Portumna gone now as well! It seems all the big boys are gone apart from Ballyhale! But does a weak side ever come out of Munster? Cannot see Ballycran putting up much resistance so no doubt Loughiel will be optimistic for February!

theskull1

Thought Portumna won did they not?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on October 10, 2011, 03:30:30 PM
Thought Portumna won did they not?
I heard they were beat by a point.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

maxpower

beat by a point by St. Thomas'
What happens next????

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 10, 2011, 03:20:51 PM
You Shamrocks must be looking down south with glee! Portumna gone now as well! It seems all the big boys are gone apart from Ballyhale! But does a weak side ever come out of Munster? Cannot see Ballycran putting up much resistance so no doubt Loughiel will be optimistic for February!
Are Clarinbridge not considered a "big boy"?  I believe they drew their game.

maxpower

I wouldn't classify Clarinbridge in the 'big boy' catergory, really over recent years Ballyhale and Portumna have sety a new level for club hurling, inevitably they are on the wain, like most I thought Thurles Sarsfields had a team capable of being as good.

In recent years we had Sarsfields (Galway), Athenry, Birr, Portuma & Ballyhale really dominate at various stages.
What happens next????

Sleeping giant

Quote from: maxpower on October 10, 2011, 06:04:07 PM
I wouldn't classify Clarinbridge in the 'big boy' catergory, really over recent years Ballyhale and Portumna have sety a new level for club hurling, inevitably they are on the wain, like most I thought Thurles Sarsfields had a team capable of being as good.

In recent years we had Sarsfields (Galway), Athenry, Birr, Portuma & Ballyhale really dominate at various stages.
No there not 'Big Boy'   just won the thing last year ???   Shamrocks are not looking past Ulster final!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 10, 2011, 08:29:49 PM
Quote from: maxpower on October 10, 2011, 06:04:07 PM

No there not 'Big Boy'   just won the thing last year ???   Shamrocks are not looking past Ulster final!
I was going to post that as reigning All Ireland champions I would suggest that they've every right to be classified as one of the "big boys".

As for Ballycran, I don't think anyone in LG is taking it as a foregone conclusion.

maxpower

Didn't say they weren't a good team, but they are not 'great' in the way Portumna or Birr where
What happens next????

Minder

Wallis confirmed as Antrim manager.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

This should be interesting.

So Glenariff relegated then Is that the "old" Locky McCurdy or a son? Locky McCurdy is hardly still playing?

Portuma out and Clarinbridge drew. I know what you mean Max about Clarin(s)bridge. They are no doubt very good but won't strike the same fear as a Portuma or Ballyhale. Munster seems to be a minefield in the provincial series so who knows what will come out of there.

Loughgiel should have too much for anything in ulster but still think they're a bit short to challenge the southerners. I think in a few years time though when that team beef up a bit in certain areas they maybe could though.

imtommygunn

He'd likely be busting if he were playing too...

4father

So is it Wallace or Wallis?