Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

SG, you maybe can understand it to an extent when so many of your club men didnt share your good nature over the years with various clubs at the AI stage.

btdtgtt

Ah come on guys - this old chestnut again?!

To say that Loughiel did not deserve their championship is utter trash - never mind coming back from the defeats - if u win a championship it is because u deserve it simple. To suggest a team was outplayed in 2 finals and yet won both would mean hurling is devalued as a asport and we all know thats not true. Either u are stoking the fire or u just have ur head in the ballycastle sand.

That said, yes Loughiel have only themselves to blame as to why they are so unpopular! Not being form N.Antrim I doubted some of it but having witnessed (and heard) the support and Casement it is liitle wonder some people have given the Shamrocks such a bad name.

But - good luck in Ulster and AI!!

BlackandAmber

Quote from: black and amber boy on October 05, 2011, 12:22:44 AM
for your information yes i am a ballycastle man and tbh loughgiel have now won the last 2 finals which i observed an u's didnt deserve either of them as u's were totally outplayed in both.
yes ino we have had our chance and im not going to lie it will b a while yet till we get another 1
i was just simply saying ulster hurling is poor and u's are far from the best team in it so therefore i dont think u's will do well

black and amber boy I wasn't too fond of Loughgiel after the semi final when feelings were raw. but they were going to beat us anyway even if we'd a had 15 men for the whole game. They looked beat in the final but got back into it and won it and deserved it for no other reason except their guts. Your posts are no credit to you or the club. Take a step back and look at your attitude. Is it any better than them Loughgiel supporters who give them a bad name? Loughgiel have good players and decent supporters as well as 4$$holes just like every club.

Seamroga in exile

Jesus boys, take a look at your own clubs and fix them before you go slabbering about others.

Pot, kettle, black!
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

Boys give LG a break, they've won 2 in a row which is the mark of a good team, you can win a championship if you get a bit of luck but only good teams win 2 in a row. This years final was a cracking game, I thought we had it but fair play to LG, they took the game by the scruff of the neck and won it. We won 3 championships in 4 years there when Karl Mc Keegan, Odhran Scullion, Declan Mc Killop, Kevin Elliott, Aidan Delargy and Michael Mc Cambridge were all in the 25-30 age bracket. Now these lads are all 30+, some aren't even hurling any more. Loughgiel have Barney Mc Auley, Liam Watson, Martin Scullion, Joey Scullion, Neilly Mc Garry and Johnny Campbell in this age bracket now and they are the top team at this moment and all credit too them they have went through some tough times. I have every confidence that we'll be back in the not too distant future. In my opinion players are in there prime 25-30 and we have a great crop of young fellas around 23 or 24. Neil Mc Manus, Paddy Mc Gill, Shane Mc Naughton, Aaron Graffin and Conor Carson. Then we have Paddy Mc Naughton, Marty Burke and Terry Mc Alister around 20-22 as well as winning the 2010 minor championship. Only getting over the defeat now but I'm confident about the future for us. We just have to accept what happened, congratulate Loughgiel and move on.

Seamroga in exile

Good post JJ. I've a feeling we'll be contesting a few more finals in the next few years.

Sleeping giant

JJ, fairplay, didn't think you had that post in you! And yes we do have a percentage of our supporters who you could name that wouldn't be the best at times ;D   but we all have them.  maybe black and amber boy only is a 'boy' and hasn't a clue for nothing else but slabbering!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Jesusjones

It looks like it SIE. Sleeping giant it did take me 10 days before I could bring myself to admit it  :D Sometimes you do everything right and still get beat. Everything we were looking for from our players we got. Graffin hurled Watson off the park, Shane got the scores we knew he could and Martin Scullion didn't catch a ball until the 57th minute, we'd have taken that before the ball was thrown in but fair play to the Shamrocks, they still got the job done. We missed Mc Manus for no other reason than, when we let in the goal the man we would have looked too with the poc out was Neil, he is our go to guy, our leader, our inspirational player. We didn't have him and it cost us, however we'll be back. Good luck to LG in Ulster. Any word on an Antrim manager?

pdiddy

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 05, 2011, 12:58:22 PM
It looks like it SIE. Sleeping giant it did take me 10 days before I could bring myself to admit it  :D Sometimes you do everything right and still get beat. Everything we were looking for from our players we got. Graffin hurled Watson off the park, Shane got the scores we knew he could and Martin Scullion didn't catch a ball until the 57th minute, we'd have taken that before the ball was thrown in but fair play to the Shamrocks, they still got the job done. We missed Mc Manus for no other reason than, when we let in the goal the man we would have looked too with the poc out was Neil, he is our go to guy, our leader, our inspirational player. We didn't have him and it cost us, however we'll be back. Good luck to LG in Ulster. Any word on an Antrim manager?

http://www.hoganstand.com/antrim/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=156045 - Monday evening according to HoganStand.  2 way fight between Cahill and Wallis !!
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Megaman

Pretty good posts JJ

normally i dont pick up on grammar etc, as i cant spell wirth shtie.  But any chance of a paragragh or two in there, my eyes are sore reading those  ;D

Jesusjones

Megaman get yourself an eye test. 8)

Seamroga in exile

Dungiven in the semi final then.

DG 5-11 Lavey 1-07

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 05, 2011, 10:25:46 PM
Dungiven in the semi final then.

DG 5-11 Lavey 1-07
small bit more in it this time round,   sirs wont be easy worked with
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

DearyMe

Any word on hurling manager???
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

NAG1

Looks like Wallis has been asked to stay on with Limerick, (I would imagine the money would be better there too)

So as I said before if Dinny still wants to do it then he should have been given a clear run.