Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

OK guys help me out here:

The dall could win the league and so could the Shamrocks - but neither might really be interested?

St Johns are staying up and Glenarriffe are down - unless Dall beat St John by 10points?

So can the men from Corrigan just stall fixtures until the cut off date? That way they will remain above Glenarriffe and stay up?

Will the game be played and alot depends on if it is significant to the Dall or not?

A twist and a turn and a dark committee meeting decide things before this one is put to bed!!

Seamroga in exile

I'd imagine there'd be a sanction of some kind if the Johnies didn't fulfil their fixtures. Maybe point deduction or some sort. As for the flood light suggestion, I don't think Cushendall would be to happy if it was played in Casement as it's  their home fixture. We also have an Ulster league final to play at some stage. That'll probably be under lights.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

TheGeneral

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 02, 2011, 08:59:34 PM
Cushendall only won by 3-19 to 1-4 in Ballygalget!!

and if they finish the league by winning their games they will win it, Small consolation i know but sending your neighbours to Belfast every other weekend in div two will ease their pain ;D

I dont know about you but Imo thats a grand result for us considering the team we had out , or lack of team... some big names in there too but a few minors and worse on the team , dog awful game all round... i see graham clarke has found a new position stuck in the corner, And to answer , Sending our neighbours to belfast every week would be sweet but playing them and getting tore into them is just as sweet
Goals win championships

exiledjohn

SIE why do you believe that St Johns would be deducted points is the fixture didnt go ahead? I dont remember it happening before.

Anyway the game has been fixed for Sunday as per the county site

Seamroga in exile

I said maybe ej, but it is a sanction they can use. I believe they can deduct 1 point for failing to field.  They'll be in line for a fine as well. It's all hypothetical anyhow.

btdtgtt

So Dall V Johnnies has turned from a uselss end of season league game to one with meaning at both the top and bottom?

Any predictions guys? How will each team approach it?

And if the Dall win - will Glenarriffe / St Johns accept relegation based on points difference?
Or will we see some committee goings-on?!

Milltown Row2

The Dall will win, but by how much depends on other things
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

Are St Johns training? God only knows what sort of team we will have

the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on October 04, 2011, 02:59:00 PM
Are St Johns training? God only knows what sort of team we will have

Aye they are still doing a bit as far as I know.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Typical, train all winter, drink all summer train all winter.  ;)

Milltown Row2

Very true NAG of a few clubs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Should we move to be a winter sport?  ???

Seamroga in exile

I thought it was an all year sport anyway. :)

Milltown Row2

In your case it's twice in twenty years :P

Will there be an improvement on last year?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2011, 05:53:18 PM
In your case it's twice in twenty years :P

Will there be an improvement on last year?
Twice in two years, I think you'll find.   ;)