Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4father

Would you just go and enjoy your pint ffs

Seamroga in exile

I'd love to but I have to work tomorrow. 5.30 comes quick!
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

4father

Jesus, ye have to tonight!  BTW, people havent mentioned DD too much, thought he was solid today and puck outs were good as well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 25, 2011, 10:48:08 PM
MR2 Loughgiel missed a few goal chances before the penalty, which was a penalty btw, as well you know.

Look if I thought it was a penalty from where I seen it then I would have no problem in saying it was. Makes no difference to me who won. Said already I backed the -1 score. I just didn't see it though. Cushendall could have had a goal or two. DD turned his back on the one Shane hit, could have went anywhere really.

Judged on today's performance though I can't see how they will score 20 plus points needed to win against the 'big teams'
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Judged by todays performance we're Antrim champions. We'll cross other bridges when we come to them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 25, 2011, 11:04:12 PM
Judged by todays performance we're Antrim champions. We'll cross other bridges when we come to them.

As we were on Saturday night.  Hopefully we will do the same, but here's the thing SIE, I'm an honest judge of my team and others, I fear no response from our players (they do take me to task for some things I say here) about what I see or how I think the game panned out.

I thought ya's were crap and I was going to lose a few pounds on ya's to boot!! Ballycran won by a point today, last minute goal they are nearly relegated so another free one for Ulster I'd say
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

as i thot use dunloy n cdall was crap, in end it worked out!!!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2011, 11:16:20 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 25, 2011, 11:04:12 PM

As we were on Saturday night.  Hopefully we will do the same, but here's the thing SIE, I'm an honest judge of my team and others, I fear no response from our players (they do take me to task for some things I say here) about what I see or how I think the game panned out.

I thought ya's were crap and I was going to lose a few pounds on ya's to boot!! Ballycran won by a point today, last minute goal they are nearly relegated so another free one for Ulster I'd say
For what it's worth MR2 I've been sussed out by a few of my fellow Loughgiel men as well. It'll make no difference to what I say on here though. I think you're perhaps going a bit ott about us being crap, and believe it's more to do with you throwing your toys out of the pram because you lost a few quid. It's kind of payback time  for betting against your county, which still leaves a sour taste.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 26, 2011, 04:29:22 AM
as i thot use dunloy n cdall was crap, in end it worked out!!!!
Late night SG?    :D

http://www.antrimgaa.net/news/details/?id=3133

imtommygunn

Gees they were hardly crap. Both teams played well. Cushendall were better for about 40 of the first ~50 minutes and Lougiel were better for about ten of those and the last ten. Neither were crap.

Seamroga in exile

I agree ITG. The main difference was that LG made their dominance count when it mattered.

btdtgtt

Match was pretty clear cut I think - no need for a scientist to analyse it.
Dall were grinding out a win that they deserved - then the penalty showed in a way how fragile Antrim hurlers are. When it went in Shamrock started picking off points and catching balls they were never able to before and the Dall dropped their heads conceding defeat even tho they still level.
Graffin shackled Watson - Liam just has not been doing it latley maybe we expect too much. However can we end the debat on the penalty award? I got a good view and as a neutral it was a stonewall penalty.
I dont think Loughuile will be doing much in the south tho - simply not good enough across the 15 positions - but thats for another day.

theskull1

I thought it was a penalty for the defender intentionally falling on top of the attacker who was already on the ground.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Just checking the Antrim website - the Johnnies play Ballycran at Corrigan this week. Seems to be a relegation play-off? Anyone? Is there a cut-off date for the leagues this year? I notice our Administrator is just as defensive as ever must be terrible thinking the world is against you! Loughiel maybe know about this!!

pdiddy

Quote from: theskull1 on September 26, 2011, 10:21:03 AM
I thought it was a penalty for the defender intentionally falling on top of the attacker who was already on the ground.

That's the way I saw it Skull.  Benny went down (i thought he slipped) but then the Cushendall player lay on top of him.  OE took his time and eventually gave the penalty.  Some people on here suggesting that OE 'handed it' to Loughgiel which I think is harsh on the ref who had a good game throughout.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech