Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Better team beat on the day which doesn't matter a jot to the shams, pen seemed harsh but hadn't a good view either! Carson had the chance to put the dall four up 20 yards out and missed de ja vu of pmcg last year. In fairness Shane was outstanding and cdall were unlucky just ran out of steam at the wrong time.

4father

Thats not what MR2 said though. Yous were dead and buried before Owen Elliot gave you a helping hand.  Elliot wasnt looking very sure and it looked like he just gave them the benefit of the doubt.  I dont think it was a penalty. Up til that point, the loughguile men were all looking at each other to see who was going towin it for them.

Johnny Campbell did a good job when he lined Shane who was flying all day. That probably changed the game. Couldnt belueve LG left their no 4 on him for so long.

Congratulations anyway but i think yous were handed it by Elliot.

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on September 25, 2011, 06:46:37 PM
Better team beat on the day which doesn't matter a jot to the shams, pen seemed harsh but hadn't a good view either! Carson had the chance to put the dall four up 20 yards out and missed de ja vu of pmcg last year. In fairness Shane was outstanding and cdall were unlucky just ran out of steam at the wrong time.

Don't know if a team can claim to be the best team when they don't score for the last 15 mins. I had a perfect view and it looked like a pen to me.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Just thought from what I seen (It's hard for us to call considering the angles) it wasn't a penalty, the referee seen it his way and give it, shite penalty also and scraped in. As i said Graffin could'd have had a bad game again. Was immense on Watson who  if looking at the scoring stats he was top scorer for Loughgiel

How DIM DIM stayed/started for Loughgiel is beyond me, Dung Dung would be better suited
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Minder, there's no point in arguing with people of this mindset. It wouldn't matter if we'd won by ten they still wouldn't give us any credit.

Anyhow, time for the Pound and the club!
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

4father

SIE, congratulations were given. Congratulations, it was good to see the delight etc in the faces of the players, big PJ and all. Congratulations once again. Just didnt think it was a penalty thats all.

Jesus you've well balanced chips on both shoulders.

By the way, congratulations

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 25, 2011, 07:01:17 PM
Minder, there's no point in arguing with people of this mindset. It wouldn't matter if we'd won by ten they still wouldn't give us any credit.

Listen I didn't say anything, Ya's won and happy days, predicted the win (and i correct scored it) but didn't see it coming on till the 'penalty' as you or the Loughgiel fans around me thought also. No harm in that. Some teams win when they shouldn't!! happens quite a lot ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Maybe let smokie ref next year, keep everyone happy!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2011, 07:10:37 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 25, 2011, 07:01:17 PM

Listen I didn't say anything, Ya's won and happy days, predicted the win (and i correct scored it) but didn't see it coming on till the 'penalty' as you or the Loughgiel fans around me thought also. No harm in that.
Some teams win when they shouldn't!! happens quite a lot ;)

Regarding the penalty, it wasn't as if it was in the last minute. Dall had plenty of time to win the match, it totally changed the momentum in the match though. As someone said Carson missed a sitter that woul have put Dall 5 up I think.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Big ears will be well filled the night!

imtommygunn

To be fair to Loughgiel I thought that in the last 10/15 the wee #18 coming on was a big factor in them coming back too as he caused a lot of problems. Loughgiel had two great goal chances in the last 15- one being messed up by a horlicks of a handpass when there were 2 people through on goal and one by a feeble shot by the #18. They were creating these kind of openings though.

For the penalty I was pretty sure the goalie cleaned someone however I thought the ref let play go on and wasn't sure the follow up was a penalty.

I wouldn't say the best team lost at all or the team that deserved to lose wonto be honest. Two evenly matched teams played it out and one team got the breaks over the other.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 25, 2011, 07:26:25 PM
To be fair to Loughgiel I thought that in the last 10/15 the wee #18 coming on was a big factor in them coming back too as he caused a lot of problems. Loughgiel had two great goal chances in the last 15- one being messed up by a horlicks of a handpass when there were 2 people through on goal and one by a feeble shot by the #18. They were creating these kind of openings though.

For the penalty I was pretty sure the goalie cleaned someone however I thought the ref let play go on and wasn't sure the follow up was a penalty.

I wouldn't say the best team lost at all or the team that deserved to lose wonto be honest. Two evenly matched teams played it out and one team got the breaks over the other.
That was Shay Casey. A great wee player. He should've started after his performance against Ballycastle.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 25, 2011, 07:29:05 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 25, 2011, 07:26:25 PM

That was Shay Casey. A great wee player. He should've started after his performance against Ballycastle.

Aye Casey has been a great wee player, very sharp and good stick man, his first touch went over the bar, yes a weak effort when shouting for goal but lets be honest DIM Dim should be put out to pasture

Glensman

Quote from: Minder on September 25, 2011, 06:54:52 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 25, 2011, 06:46:37 PM

Don't know if a team can claim to be the best team when they don't score for the last 15 mins. I had a perfect view and it looked like a pen to me.

+1 from where I was it was a penalty. I understand the pressures of not wanting to give away a goal when there is a scramble in the box but I thought there were so many bodies in there that McCarry wouldn't have been able to get a shot off.
Don't think it was Kearney who took him out.

Martin Scullion make two top drawer catches in the last 5. Inspirational stuff.

Casey is a tidy wee player

wino

Anybody see Skinner (cdall mentor) that's how you keep your composure, not.
Fair play to babs he keep his. Skinner just couldn't hide it.  ;D