It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

THE DADGA

any score there lads ffs

Minder

Loughgiel 1-14 Cdall 0-14 FT

Shams hit 1-4 without reply to win
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Trout

Cushendall approaching Loughguiles record in finals. As i thought, they don't have the forwards.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

imtommygunn

Real good game. Best final in a long time. Penalty at the end turned the game. Best player on view, by a long way, was Shane McNaughton.

Cushendall hit a purple patch mid second half but then the penalty gave Loughgiel the momentum. Probably had a better range of scorers. Graffin had a great game on Watson too.

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 25, 2011, 05:42:01 PM
Real good game. Best final in a long time. Penalty at the end turned the game. Best player on view, by a long way, was Shane McNaughton.

Cushendall hit a purple patch mid second half but then the penalty gave Loughgiel the momentum. Probably had a better range of scorers. Graffin had a great game on Watson too.

Problem for Cushendall was there was nobody to give him a hand, bar Conor Carson. Fair play to Loughgiel, didn't see them coming back from 0-14 to 0-10 down. Cushendall had a few players that went missing in the last 10-12 minutes. Loughgiel defence fairly stiffened in the last 15 minutes.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

Martin Scullion pulled off some catching in the last ten. It was a good comeback by Loughgiel. Now the monkey is off their back I think they will be there or thereabouts for a long time especially as their team is a good bit younger than Cushendall's.

Milltown Row2

Best team up to the penalty was Cushendall. Loughgiel were chasing the game and the penalty changed the momentum of the match (as they usually do) as minder said they didn't look like winning at this point.

The penalty, well depends where you are from, the lad won the ball and for me went to ground very early (unaided in my view) then the Cushendall lads fell on him, eventually Owen give a penalty after looking to see if he was in the area. I'd have given a 21 yard hop ball as i didn't see a clear penalty
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Well lads. All's well that ends well, eh?

The penalty was given because the keeper pulled down the forward. I thought Cushendall were lucky to still have 15 on the field after EmcK dirty off the ball slap on Jimmy C. It was the only dirty slap in the game tho. Fair play to both teams on that aspect of the game.

Roll on next year and the hat-trick!!! :)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 25, 2011, 06:13:22 PM
Well lads. All's well that ends well, eh?

The penalty was given because the keeper pulled down the forward. I thought Cushendall were lucky to still have 15 on the field after EmcK dirty off the ball slap on Jimmy C. It was the only dirty slap in the game tho. Fair play to both teams on that aspect of the game.

Roll on next and the hat-trick!!! :)

Friend of mine was on that side when penalty was given, totally neutral so didn't give a shite (though he took them minus 1)  said it wasn't a penalty in his opinion. But SIE you have to admit until that was given you's were beat outta the gate
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

It's all ifs and buts MR2. You have to play to the final whistle. We've learned that lesson the hard way over the last decade. I think our persistence and doggedness should be commended.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

Loughgiel just found their scores that bit easier to come by and it told in the end. Wasn't sure about the penalty but hadn't a good enough view on it.

Jamie Campbell went down - I can only assume that is what incident you mean SIE -  but I, and no one anywhere near me, saw anything untoward so not sure about what you're mentioning.

Very clean game of hurling and it was a high standard too which was good to see.