Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

Cushendall are in to 6/4 on Paddy Power

maxpower

Cushendall at 7/4 is the value.

McManus is a big loss for Cushendall, he was key to their style of play.  But Shane McNaughton usually causes Loughgiel plenty of trouble, paddy McNaughton at wing forward will pose serious questions in terms of mobility, personally I thought he was the one outstanding performance in last years final.

Loughgiel may be slight favourites, but I am underwhelmed by them, hardworking, organised and functional, but do they have that spark, Watson is capable but has been decidedly ordinary for the last 3 years with one notable exception against Cork.

If Cushendall can break loughgiels impressive half back lone, and I think pace may be the way to do so, then I think they will create goal chances, as long as they don't try to beat DD from 25m they could just sneak a good exciting game
What happens next????

wino

Quote from: maxpower on September 24, 2011, 08:06:06 AM
Cushendall at 7/4 is the value.

McManus is a big loss for Cushendall, he was key to their style of play.  But Shane McNaughton usually causes Loughgiel plenty of trouble, paddy McNaughton at wing forward will pose serious questions in terms of mobility, personally I thought he was the one outstanding performance in last years final.

Loughgiel may be slight favourites, but I am underwhelmed by them, hardworking, organised and functional, but do they have that spark, Watson is capable but has been decidedly ordinary for the last 3 years with one notable exception against Cork.

If Cushendall can break loughgiels impressive half back lone, and I think pace may be the way to do so, then I think they will create goal chances, as long as they don't try to beat DD from 25m they could just sneak a good exciting game

Wishful thinking Max

Milltown Row2

Loughgiel -1 even money with PP.

If the weather is as bad as it's predicted then it may well be another low scoring game. Cushendall haven't racked up a big score so far this year. For Cushendall to win they'll need a big game from all of their players.

Any news coming from the camps?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Plenty, but none for discussion here. :)

All good by the way.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Big day nearly upon us, Watson bk in 14. Hopefully turns in monster game.  IMO game will be won and lost in midfield,   Agree that SMN will have major say in outcome. didn't really get going in last years game. PMN also with pace could cause problems. If our backs can keep SMN quite id expect a win, but this +8 chat is BS.  Will be tight all the way, Id take a +1 right now ;D   Any truth in RK injury??
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Minder

I have a slight preference for Cushendall tomorrow, by 2.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on September 24, 2011, 08:54:24 PM
I have a slight preference for Cushendall tomorrow, by 2.
With Loughgiel's history it's hard to back them, even as favourites. I'd still err on the side of the Dall by a small margin too. The weather is to be cat so get into the stand!

Seamroga in exile

It's as if last year never happened with some people.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 24, 2011, 11:53:23 PM
Once is an accident, twice is an accident, three times is a pattern. Moscow rules.

Minder

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 24, 2011, 08:44:32 PM
Big day nearly upon us, Watson bk in 14. Hopefully turns in monster game.  IMO game will be won and lost in midfield,   Agree that SMN will have major say in outcome. didn't really get going in last years game. PMN also with pace could cause problems. If our backs can keep SMN quite id expect a win, but this +8 chat is BS.  Will be tight all the way, Id take a +1 right now ;D   Any truth in RK injury??

They have a better keeper in reserve.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on September 24, 2011, 11:57:03 PM
To be fair, it's as if the Antrim hurling championship was invented last year, with you.
Erm, no. I don't think so. It's just like everyone else has forgot about it. You really should let your inner demons go about Loughgiel HS, it'll make you twisted.  :P

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 25, 2011, 12:06:53 AM
Once is an accident, twice is an accident, three times is a pattern. Moscow rules.
Like a three time loss?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on September 25, 2011, 12:29:24 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 25, 2011, 12:22:46 AM
To be fair, it's as if the Antrim hurling championship was invented last year, with you.
I don't think so. It's just like everyone else has forgot about it. You really should let your inner demons go about Loughgiel HS, it'll make you twisted.  :P
What I'm saying is that last year did happen (Loch gCaol were the best team and deserved the championship) but so did the last 20 years.
Still fancy yis to win tomorrow and wouldn't begrudge yis another title.
Thanks for that vote of confidence. What I'm getting at is that Cushendall have lost two in a row. And to be honest, they haven't performed in either of them. No one is mentioning that at all. I just think it's going to be a factor tomorrow much more than Loughgiel's recent history, as opposed to their history. Which isn't up for debate, I'd like to think.  ;)

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 25, 2011, 12:37:37 AM
Quote from: hardstation on September 25, 2011, 12:29:24 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 25, 2011, 12:22:46 AM
I don't think so. It's just like everyone else has forgot about it. You really should let your inner demons go about Loughgiel HS, it'll make you twisted.  :P
What I'm saying is that last year did happen (Loch gCaol were the best team and deserved the championship) but so did the last 20 years.
Still fancy yis to win tomorrow and wouldn't begrudge yis another title.
Thanks for that vote of confidence. What I'm getting at is that Cushendall have lost two in a row. And to be honest, they haven't performed in either of them. No one is mentioning that at all. I just think it's going to be a factor tomorrow much more than Loughgiel's recent history, as opposed to their history. Which isn't up for debate, I'd like to think.  ;)

What the fact they have lost more finals than any one or the fact they won their only one  by the fact that cushendall couldn't get the point when it came to it or that RM was generous! Recent history is that they are more losers than winners take a few more finals to reverse that!