Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Tar brush = Drinking before a game

the colonel

You may not choose to reply NAG but you would be an idiot to think this wouldn't cause some sort of discussion/fuss. In the immediate aftermath of your St Galls replay we could have stuck the needle in about attitude of one of your players but I have to much respect to many of the others to know think that would not be symptomatic of the rest of the squad.
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG1

I wasnt sticking the needle in anywhere, question was asked and question was answered as far as I was concerned.

As I have stated before there isnt a club in the land that hasnt got this type of issue from time to time (that does not reflect on the rest of any other panel as every club has also got the die hard committed players in there also), as I also said you won the game therefore it was done and dusted.

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on September 22, 2011, 09:44:17 AM
NAG I sent you a PM to confirm the names. I wouldn't be believing this because I know who the culprits would have been rumoured to have been in the past and between myself and other Cushendall posters I know on here we could eliminate those players. I don't believe it to be honest, but your claims have no substance because you don't back it up with any evidence.

How do you expect these claims to be taken among our camp. You didn't hear us giving off about your boys when they were told to stay off the beer, and went out at the Lammas Fair, got chased from training, apparently made to apologise and then not played against St Galls. If our boys were drinking, and I use that IF losely, we were still able to beat the Galls (not being disrespectful). Do you
tar all your players brush with the same attitude of this individual on your team?

EDIT- PM sent

What sort of evidence would you want Colonel? I don't see it as big a deal as some, obviously management and other players wouldn't be amused but it happens all over the country from time to time and there isn't much you can do about fellas sneaking out for a drink.

Most teams have fellas that would hardly touch a drink and others that can't say no to a session.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

Quote from: Minder on September 22, 2011, 11:12:42 AM
NAG I sent you a PM to confirm the names. I wouldn't be believing this because I know who the culprits would have been rumoured to have been in the past and between myself and other Cushendall posters I know on here we could eliminate those players. I don't believe it to be honest, but your claims have no substance because you don't back it up with any evidence.

How do you expect these claims to be taken among our camp. You didn't hear us giving off about your boys when they were told to stay off the beer, and went out at the Lammas Fair, got chased from training, apparently made to apologise and then not played against St Galls. If our boys were drinking, and I use that IF losely, we were still able to beat the Galls (not being disrespectful). Do you
tar all your players brush with the same attitude of this individual on your team?

EDIT- PM sent

What sort of evidence would you want Colonel? I don't see it as big a deal as some, obviously management and other players wouldn't be amused but it happens all over the country from time to time and there isn't much you can do about fellas sneaking out for a drink.

Most teams have fellas that would hardly touch a drink and others that can't say no to a session.

Well if there was 3 players accused I'm sure we would all like to know who it was. we've already had people this year accused of something they didn't do...........

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on September 22, 2011, 11:24:21 AM
Quote from: Minder on September 22, 2011, 11:12:42 AM

How do you expect these claims to be taken among our camp. You didn't hear us giving off about your boys when they were told to stay off the beer, and went out at the Lammas Fair, got chased from training, apparently made to apologise and then not played against St Galls. If our boys we
re drinking, and I use that IF losely, we were still able to beat the Galls (not being disrespectful). Do you

EDIT- PM sent

What sort of evidence would you want Colonel? I don't see it as big a deal as some, obviously management and other players wouldn't be amused but it happens all over the country from time to
time and there isn't much you can do about fellas sneaking out for a drink.

Well if there was 3 players accused I'm sure we would all like to know who it was. we've already had people this year accused of something they didn't do...........

Who had been accused of something they didn't do?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

remember the Ulster League suspension craic?

theskull1

Quote from: the colonel on September 22, 2011, 10:06:18 AM
You may not choose to reply NAG but you would be an idiot to think this wouldn't cause some sort of discussion/fuss. In the immediate aftermath of your St Galls replay we could have stuck the needle in about attitude of one of your players but I have to much respect to many of the others to know think that would not be symptomatic of the rest of the squad.

:o  ??? is NAG a Dunloy man?   ???
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Noticed that myself Skull but let it slide as didnt want to then get accused by the Dunloy posters of getting their players accused of something they did or didnt do  ;)

the colonel

Quote from: NAG1 on September 22, 2011, 11:53:27 AM
Noticed that myself Skull but let it slide as didnt want to then get accused by the Dunloy posters of getting their players accused of something they did or didnt do  ;)

I may be incorrect then, always had the whiff of a dunloy man through posts

NAG1

So what is the feeling Colonel, you think you can improve on last years final? NmcM is a massive loss to you's not only in terms of his own contribution but to the structure of your team?

the colonel

Whilst Neil is a big miss with his play and leadership, its certainly not beyond us. This is the first time we will probably go into a final against Loughgiel as underdogs and there will be more expectancy in Loughgiel that they will win due to last years victory and Neil's injury.

I would certainly like to think we will improve on last years performance. We were very poor and only were 1 point away so all is not lost.  We have now a couple of subs that are fighting for a place and can also come in to change the game (as they did v St Galls).

I'd take the 1 point win now

Megaman

so NAG you still dont see that you did tar everyone on the Cushendall team with same brush.  can you read you original statment again.  ::)  ::)

Anyway, moving on

i think both teams will want to improve from last year, both IMO where poor, loughgiel scored 1-9 and only 4 or 5 points in the second half with only one of those from play. which is pretty poor IMO.

Cushendall will obviously want to improve as they missed a number of easy chances paticularly towards the end and still couldnt outscore a poor loughgiel team

it will be interesting as neither has great form going into the game.  i will go with Cushendall by 3 as i think the win against St Galls will give them a big lift.

NAG1

Quote from: Megaman on September 22, 2011, 12:40:53 PM
so NAG you still dont see that you did tar everyone on the Cushendall team with same brush.  can you read you original statment again.  ::)  ::)

Anyway, moving on

i think both teams will want to improve from last year, both IMO where poor, loughgiel scored 1-9 and only 4 or 5 points in the second half with only one of those from play. which is pretty poor IMO.

Cushendall will obviously want to improve as they missed a number of easy chances paticularly towards the end and still couldnt outscore a poor loughgiel team

it will be interesting as neither has great form going into the game.  i will go with Cushendall by 3 as i think the win against St Galls will give them a big lift.

Megaman not going to get back into it again, have explained it above if you care to read back.

4father

Loughguile by 5 for me.  Seen that they will announce tomorrow the county manager.  Anyone heard anything concrete?