Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurl4ever

quick question....were has ryan mcgarry and gareth magee gone? probably the two best keepers in antrim???

Minder

Quote from: hurl4ever on September 15, 2011, 07:58:26 PM
quick question....were has ryan mcgarry and gareth magee gone? probably the two best keepers in antrim???

I think Mc Garry is abroad, not sure about McGhee. Sad thing is they are the two best keepers.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pdiddy

Quote from: Minder on September 15, 2011, 09:21:41 PM

I think Mc Garry is abroad, not sure about McGhee. Sad thing is they are the two best keepers.

Yip 2 v good keepers but we're happy with DD :-)

McGarry's in Sydney btw.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

gelvis

Heard McGhee fell out with Shane Elliot during the year - why that young fella Brogan was in nets.  McGhee stormed out, came back a couple of games later and Elliot told him he wouldn't walk back onto the panel.  Also heard talk that he'd sounded out a transfer to Cushendall but they told him where to go.
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

theskull1

Quote from: gelvis on September 16, 2011, 11:38:56 AM

Heard McGhee fell out with Shane Elliot during the year - why that young fella Brogan was in nets.  McGhee stormed out, came back a couple of games later and Elliot told him he wouldn't walk back onto the panel.  Also heard talk that he'd sounded out a transfer to Cushendall but they told him where to go.

Well then you heard wrong. Reality was that McGhee didn't properly commit to training (awol for months) at the start of the year. If your not going to work with the rest of your team mates then theres no way you can waltz back when it suits you. Its called standards. A big loss for us but the player made his decision. Hopefully he'll be able to commit fully next year.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

gelvis

Quote from: theskull1 on September 16, 2011, 12:18:00 PM
Quote from: gelvis on September 16, 2011, 11:38:56 AM

Well then you heard wrong. Reality was that McGhee didn't properly commit to training (awol for months) at the start of the year. If your not going to work with the rest of your team mates then theres no way you can waltz back when it suits you. Its called standards. A big loss for us but the player made his decision. Hopefully he'll be able to commit fully next year.

And what have you said differently to me that means I heard wrong?

theskull1

What you wrote could be interpreted in many different ways. A fall out had nothing to do with anything. Management holding their ground when it comes to training properly with teammates was what it was about ..end of
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

pdiddy

So did he ask about a transfer to Cushendall then?
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

maxpower

You were wrong in stating gareth fell out with Shane over Chrissy Brogan, Gareth had already left the panel Long before Chrissy kept goals for the first time at the feis final, I don't think there was any great falling out. He was living in Cushendall and couldn't/wouldn't travel to training.

Has been an excellent player for Dunloy and when he does commit, he does so fully.

This season is over for dunloy, we'll draw a line under it and assess in the new year which players are going to be available and willing to commit.
What happens next????

Bog Ash Camam

Quote from: theskull1 on September 16, 2011, 04:39:31 PM
What you wrote could be interpreted in many different ways. A fall out had nothing to do with anything. Management holding their ground when it comes to training properly with teammates was what it was about ..end of
Somewhat economical with the truth there lad. I sense you continually compromise honesty for the sake of parochialism!  A Dunloy trait maybe?
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

4father

Division 2 - I was looking at the leagues there, St Galls must be kicking themselves.  If they win their remaining games (and they've a load of games to play as usual for them), they would only be 1 point off the Town and promotion.  They really do need to give it a good lash next year - it will always be a bit tougher for them than most teams given how much is given to football each year (Ulster Championship etc) but for me, and I have said it prior to their SHC exploits, they are the most up and coming hurling team in Belfast.

-Rossa are beaten too many times by Division 2 teams - how frustrating must that be for good Rossa hurling men?
-Gortnamona seem to be on a downward spiral - what in the name of God went wrong there, I always thought they would have come good or at least been a challenging team.  They went from SHC to being dumped out of the IHC (normally their championship when they are in it) by Ahoghill.
-Lamh Derg have got their act together it seems and the UIHC will be good for their club.
-I see Sarsfields are up now - good to see.  They also seem to be on the up.

aontroim

Quote from: 4father on September 16, 2011, 11:19:22 PM
Division 2 - I was looking at the leagues there, St Galls must be kicking themselves.  If they win their remaining games (and they've a load of games to play as usual for them), they would only be 1 point off the Town and promotion.  They really do need to give it a good lash next year - it will always be a bit tougher for them than most teams given how much is given to football each year (Ulster Championship etc) but for me, and I have said it prior to their SHC exploits, they are the most up and coming hurling team in Belfast.

-Rossa are beaten too many times by Division 2 teams - how frustrating must that be for good Rossa hurling men?
-Gortnamona seem to be on a downward spiral - what in the name of God went wrong there, I always thought they would have come good or at least been a challenging team.  They went from SHC to being dumped out of the IHC (normally their championship when they are in it) by Ahoghill.
-Lamh Derg have got their act together it seems and the UIHC will be good for their club.

Maybe check your sums on that one again - B'castle have still 2 games to play (one against St. Gall's)

gelvis

Quote from: maxpower on September 16, 2011, 05:55:06 PM
You were wrong in stating gareth fell out with Shane over Chrissy Brogan, Gareth had already left the panel Long before Chrissy kept goals for the first time at the feis final, I don't think there was any great falling out. He was living in Cushendall and couldn't/wouldn't travel to training.

Has been an excellent player for Dunloy and when he does commit, he does so fully.

This season is over for dunloy, we'll draw a line under it and assess in the new year which players are going to be available and willing to commit.

No no, I never said they fell out over Chrissy Brogan.  I said they fell out and that was why Chrissy Brogan was doing nets this year.  I was told that McGhee and Elliot shared a few words in the changing room after you were beat (can't for the life of me remember what game) and McGhee stormed out.  When he turned up a few weeks later Elliot told him that if he walked back onto the panel he was quitting.  Couldn't tell you if it was the other players or who told McGhee to stay away after that. 
I do apologise if this too can be interpreted in many ways.  ::)

maxpower

You were again told wrong, no words in no changing room.
What happens next????

4father

Quote from: aontroim on September 17, 2011, 12:23:55 AM
Quote from: 4father on September 16, 2011, 11:19:22 PM

Maybe check your sums on that one again - B'castle have still 2 games to play (one against St. Gall's)

Sorry, you're right. I was judging that on that St Galls would beat Ballycastle (hence me saying, if st galls win all their remaining games) but didn't add in Ballycastles other last game.  My bad