Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

In a nutshell - great effort galls and great character Dall! Thanks for update O'Neill.

Forever Green

f**k off Cushendall. Anyway, well done to St Galls, must have put in an absolute mammoth effort. That game on Wed night just taking its toll by the looks of things

4father

Bit harsh people saying 'F**K off the Dall', what did you want them to do?  Well done and looking forward to what will hopefully be a great final.

4father

Quote from: 4father on August 31, 2011, 01:33:01 AM
they have ability alright. Their keeper is their achilles and unfortunately for them, that might be their undoing.

Think I wrote this a wee while back...  :-\

Anyway, bad luck St Galls.  Talking point of the year.

NAG1

Well done to the dall massive come back, hope they can improve for the final

Sleeping giant

Quote from: 4father on September 11, 2011, 07:29:35 PM
Bit harsh people saying 'F**K off the Dall', what did you want them to do?  Well done and looking forward to what will hopefully be a great final.
Well repeat of last years final two weeks time, all to hurl for,   feel sorry for galls to be honest,  but that's the way it goes,  knowone will be looking forward to drawing them next year. well done and hard luck.   Shamrocks to lift it by 5 :D
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

Next year different ball game they will be back to the Div2 wilderness, good result against Dunloy but were never going to follow it up!

Well open for the shams now but not of their doing just standards dropping around them!

Seamroga in exile

I think that's a bit off the mark nag. Yes dunloy and cushendall aren't of the standard of recent years but we have definitely improved a lot in the last couple of years. PJ has instilled a self belief in this crop of players that wasn't there before.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

ruairi

Great effort again by st  galls. I definitely wont be looking forward to drawing them again next year. That result is bound to make Dunloy feel slightly better.

We got out of jail in that game. Their work rate was very good, but i think our character got us over the line in the end. Im glad thats over. Knew we were in for a battle against Glenarriffe and St Galls.

Fair play to CJ for not lying down in last couple of minutes. Game was in the balance and just got up and on with it. Many others have lay down in past in the same circumstance.

They have earned alot of respect throughout the county with their championship performances this year. 

NAG1

SIE lg have been of the same standard for the last ten years, only the fact that the big two have dropped a level it has brought them up to it! Not that, that takes away from you winning it last year because every title counts the same point is you haven't beat anyone at the top of their game, just handy ones! :-p

Bog Ash Camam

Quote from: ONeill on September 11, 2011, 07:24:19 PM
Galls had a free in at the end but fell short. Lenny Harbinson was seen laughing.
Did'nt I tell the bollocks Harbinson would be happy they got beat.  McGourty Sen and fat PJ will also be happy, as I stated earlier!

Just one step too far for the Galls lads, a sterling effort, but only two points in the second period, says it all I think.  desperate day for hurling and the conditions certainly had an impact on the game.  A gutsy effort by the Dall all the same.

Noamh Gall should push on from here after some great performances in the championship, but the old football/handball, likely to get in the way.
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on September 11, 2011, 09:03:36 PM
SIE lg have been of the same standard for the last ten years, only the fact that the big two have dropped a level it has brought them up to it! Not that, that takes away from you winning it last year because every title counts the same point is you haven't beat anyone at the top of their game, just handy ones! :-p
It wasn't handy last year, we had to beat dunloy and cushendall,
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

What a comeback, sensational. St. Galls gave one hell of a performance, hats off to them. We showed great character to come back and are delighted to be back in the final. The one sower note was Ray Matthews, at it again.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on September 11, 2011, 09:03:36 PM
Hardly loughgiels fault dall and dunloy have dropped in standard.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 11, 2011, 10:00:21 PM
What a comeback, sensational. St. Galls gave one hell of a performance, hats off to them. We showed great character to come back and are delighted to be back in the final. The one sower note was Ray Matthews, at it again.

At what again?