Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Glensman on August 30, 2011, 11:54:10 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 27, 2011, 10:59:30 AM
Quote from: Glensman on August 27, 2011, 10:36:11 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 27, 2011, 10:19:31 AM
I never said it was ok. I just wonder if someone else had've been in that situation would they have got the same treatment. I would hope so but don't think so. The vultures always circle for their piece of meat as soon as Winker steps out of line. Like I said before, he was stupid for getting involved. Enough said.

When Karl McKeegan is behind the wire tomorrow night in Loughgiel sure maybe siddle up and have a wee chat with him about the merits of calling the referee this and that...

If it helps you sleep at night, if it gives you something to moan about in the Pound, if you actually think his teammates join in this persecution complex for/with him (do you actually think so?!) then fair enough...

"Our wee Liam was stupid for getting involved"   "always in the wrang place at the wrang time" - change the record, it is seriously old and scratched.
I don't drink in the Pound. Last time I looked he wasn't that wee either. I did say that he got what he deserved, what's your point?

McAllisters then...

Point was mainly in reference to your line "I just wonder if someone else had've been in that situation would they have got the same treatment."

Karl McKeegan did so I disagree with your point. Whoever called a linesman/official a b@stard/gypsy b@stard TWICE deserves to go so in my humble opinion you're wondering is wrong.

As I say it's my opinion. No hatred from me whatsoever. All I want is consistency and a bit of respect for officials. Don't care who the person is.

You made it personal by bringing Winker into it and questioning whether others would be treated the same.

Any word on Dunloy/Galls replay?
Well, firstly, we were all discussing the incident, not just me. And secondly, did I not say he got what he deserved? (The second time you've ignored this)

I totally agree with you about respect to the officials.  But I've seen countless times during matches this year where refs, linesmen/umpires got called everything under the sun by players, both teams btw, without so much as an eye raised. I hope you're right that it's the same for everyone. I've yet to be convinced.

First drink in Macs in years last weekend btw. I didn't realise how much I missed that tennents up there.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on August 30, 2011, 04:43:22 PM
Did I hear someone call my name ;D Sorry lads been otherwise engaged the last week or so, depending on the infraction that "Terrible" put in his report I would say the maximum is 4 weeks in total, however taking into account additional permutations Terrible if he had the intelligence could work the rule book and get him 6/ 8 weeks if as said he had the intelligence of our more established National referee's ;) I'd put the money on 4 weeks, must check PP eh MR ;D

If they are all getting four weeks then this will be no different,  were we the only game with out a sending off?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 30, 2011, 04:48:36 PM
Did I hear someone call my name ;D Sorry lads been otherwise engaged the last week or so, depending on the infraction that "Terrible" put in his report I would say the maximum is 4 weeks in total, however taking into account additional permutations Terrible if he had the intelligence could work the rule book and get him 6/ 8 weeks if as said he had the intelligence of our more established National referee's ;) I'd put the money on 4 weeks, must check PP eh MR ;D

If they are all getting four weeks then this will be no different,  were we the only game with out a sending off?

As it was a league game will Karl (in this instance) also miss one laegue game if there's not one played within the 4 week period?

I'm just wondering if this rule is applied as it is in Down.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: johnneycool on August 30, 2011, 05:03:14 PM

As it was a league game will Karl (in this instance) also miss one laegue game if there's not one played within the 4 week period

It was in the Ulster League

johnneycool

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on August 30, 2011, 06:03:24 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 30, 2011, 05:03:14 PM

As it was a league game will Karl (in this instance) also miss one laegue game if there's not one played within the 4 week period

It was in the Ulster League

Of no real importance then

Glensman

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 30, 2011, 04:44:04 PM
I never said it was ok. I just wonder if someone else had've been in that situation would they have got the same treatment. I would hope so but don't think so. The vultures always circle for their piece of meat as soon as Winker steps out of line. Like I said before, he was stupid for getting involved. Enough said.

When Karl McKeegan is behind the wire tomorrow night in Loughgiel sure maybe siddle up and have a wee chat with him about the merits of calling the referee this and that...

If it helps you sleep at night, if it gives you something to moan about in the Pound, if you actually think his teammates join in this persecution complex for/with him (do you actually think so?!) then fair enough...

"Our wee Liam was stupid for getting involved"   "always in the wrang place at the wrang time" - change the record, it is seriously old and scratched.
I don't drink in the Pound. Last time I looked he wasn't that wee either. I did say that he got what he deserved, what's your point?

McAllisters then...

Point was mainly in reference to your line "I just wonder if someone else had've been in that situation would they have got the same treatment."

Karl McKeegan did so I disagree with your point. Whoever called a linesman/official a b@stard/gypsy b@stard TWICE deserves to go so in my humble opinion you're wondering is wrong.

As I say it's my opinion. No hatred from me whatsoever. All I want is consistency and a bit of respect for officials. Don't care who the person is.

You made it personal by bringing Winker into it and questioning whether others would be treated the same.

Well, firstly, we were all discussing the incident, not just me. And secondly, did I not say he got what he deserved? (The second time you've ignored this)

I totally agree with you about respect to the officials.  But I've seen countless times during matches this year where refs, linesmen/umpires got called everything under the sun by players, both teams btw, without so much as an eye raised. I hope you're right that it's the same for everyone. I've yet to be convinced.

First drink in Macs in years last weekend btw. I didn't realise how much I missed that tennents up there.

You just blew everything out of the water by saying you liked Tennents....euuuggghhh.

You did indeed say 'he who will not be named' deserved what he got. Fair play. Never acknowledged it (twice) as I agreed with it. Would be very boring if we all agreed with each other! Here's to some consistency re mouthing and no Tennents.

Will all get pretty tight with fixtures indeed...I assume the county will keep to the senior hurling semis for weekend of 10/11 Sept or will they change?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Glensman on August 30, 2011, 06:34:36 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 30, 2011, 04:44:04 PM

McAllisters then...

You just blew everything out of the water by saying you liked Tennents....euuuggghhh.

You did indeed say 'he who will not be named' deserved what he got. Fair play. Never acknowledged it (twice) as I agreed with it. Would be very boring if we all agreed with each other! Here's to some consistency re mouthing and no Tennents.

Will all get pretty tight with fixtures indeed...I assume the county will keep to the senior hurling semis for weekend of 10/11 Sept or will they change?

Would be hard on whoever wins this match (Dunloy ;)) Leagues are nearly completed and Dunloy have played all their games so no fixture pile up. Said already that the game should have went to extra time finished it on the night.

Would love to know what the county would do if a team was playing in both finals?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bog Ash Camam

I see the "Moderator"  (namely the good doctor/ex county chairman) on the county website, is continuing to reply to posts with his arrogant/abrupt and down right ignorant manner.  God help us all!
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Bog Ash Camam on August 30, 2011, 09:00:01 PM
I see the "Moderator"  (namely the good doctor/ex county chairman) on the county website, is continuing to reply to posts with his arrogant/abrupt and down right ignorant manner.  God help us all!
good doctor/ex county chairman/ GIMP
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

maxpower

Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 30, 2011, 09:39:52 PM

Leave out the personal insults lads
What happens next????

4father

Quote from: maxpower on August 30, 2011, 10:38:59 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 30, 2011, 09:39:52 PM

Leave out the personal insults lads

+1.

Fair play to the milltown men, they have the hurlers, the fitness and a belief about themselves. It wont be a walk in the park second time around.  With players like Stewarty, the GaGa's, Mackers, big Anton, Kieran McGourty etc, they have ability alright. Their keeper is their achilles and unfortunately for them, that might be their undoing.

Big Mickey Kennedy isnt it MR2? He's been around some amount of clubs. A nice big lad too.

Think Dunloy struggled with St Galls athleticism and fitness and could well do again if St Galls produce the stickwork again.

Two Hands FFS

Any truth in the rumour that Dunloy trained on Sunday morning...the same day as the St Galls match? Mad if they did...surely they could have played the Glenariffe match instead of training.

Like I said..only a rumour!!

Milltown Row2

Heard that, seems that they werent taking us serious!! Tut Tut, in fairness our lads were football training

Minder

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on August 31, 2011, 02:05:22 PM
Any truth in the rumour that Dunloy trained on Sunday morning...the same day as the St Galls match? Mad if they did...surely they could have played the Glenariffe match instead of training.

Like I said..only a rumour!!

I am surprised they turned up for the St Galls game  8)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"