Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Yer man McQuillan was handy with a stick.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

pdiddy

Quote from: Gold on September 02, 2011, 10:24:15 PM
Maybe some of you Dall ones will remember one time around the mid 90's there was a senior game in Cushendun v yourselves (may have been reserve) on a wet evening when after about 5 mins all hell broke loose and the game was abandoned.

Men were thumping each other with sticks it was like a war!

I remember a 7 aside game between the 2 that was abandoned after 5 mins, old man graham was refereeing it.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Gold

That may have been it--was it a tournament or just those 2 teams at Cushendun?

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on September 02, 2011, 10:28:25 PM
Maybe some of you Dall ones will remember one time around the mid 90's there was a senior game in Cushendun v yourselves (may have been reserve) on a wet evening when after about 5 mins all hell broke loose and the game was abandoned.

We played Cushendun in a "friendly" about 10 years ago and it lasted 10 minutes before it was abandoned.
Was that match played at home. I think I remember calling out a bit late to watch it on a really lovely summers evening and by the time I got there it had been abandoned. I seem to remember Shane McDonnell being up to his oxters in Cushendun men at one stage!

Barry was year above me in school so would be 36/37 now.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 02, 2011, 11:58:44 PM

We played Cushendun in a "friendly" about 10 years ago and it lasted 10 minutes before it was abandoned.
Was that match played at home. I think I remember calling out a bit late to watch it on a really lovely summers evening and by the time I got there it had been abandoned. I seem to remember Shane McDonnell being up to his oxters in Cushendun men at one stage!

Same game.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Shane would be my age, christ I'm getting old!! we played on same team also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bog Ash Camam

Jeasus, sorry I missed that, Glensmen knocking the crap out of each other.   Ah well parish rivalry!  ??? :o
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

auld stock

black & amber, why you think im bitter???  cos i dont paint the rosy picture of the town or cos the truth hurts!!  you said it yourself they get a win in the c'ship then the whole banjo cut loose on the old ale & the numbers dwindle for training.not the actions of champions in wait. i can assure you i have no axe with the town or any other team. if a team is good i'll say it as i've shown in my posts. call it as you see it,thats what im doing & sorry if you dont like it but b'castle are quite simply not good enough to win big ears & my feeling is that the shammrocks will cut loose in the semi & do a real number on them. also Shane mc donnell couldn't have been playing in the abandoned c'dall v c'dun game as he played for glenarriffe all his days.maybe you meant one of the cousins raymond,conrad or randal who did transfer to c'dun in the '90's???

Milltown Row2

Rossa in quarter final of sevens. they are raging cause they are not drinking!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: auld stock on September 03, 2011, 03:20:37 PM
black & amber, why you think im bitter???  cos i dont paint the rosy picture of the town or cos the truth hurts!!  you said it yourself they get a win in the c'ship then the whole banjo cut loose on the old ale & the numbers dwindle for training.not the actions of champions in wait. i can assure you i have no axe with the town or any other team. if a team is good i'll say it as i've shown in my posts. call it as you see it,thats what im doing & sorry if you dont like it but b'castle are quite simply not good enough to win big ears & my feeling is that the shammrocks will cut loose in the semi & do a real number on them. also Shane mc donnell couldn't have been playing in the abandoned c'dall v c'dun game as he played for glenarriffe all his days.maybe you meant one of the cousins raymond,conrad or randal who did transfer to c'dun in the '90's???

He was talking about a friendly between Glenariffe v Cushendun.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 02, 2011, 11:58:44 PM

That reminds me of the time we used to run a tournament over the first week of the July holidays with games during the week nights and then we'd normally have a pretty strong team up from the south on the saturday and sunday to play whatever teams made it through the week.
We made a monumental mistake of letting the Johnnies and Sarsfields play each other not too long after the whole hullabaloo in Sarsfields which led to a few lads transferring to the Johnnies, sometime in the mid to late 80's as I think Sean McGuinness resigned from Antrim hurling manager over it.

The game had barely started when one of the Sarsfields subs said something or other and before you know it they were all at it hammer and tongs, whailing each other with hurls. Game was abandoned after five minutes, no referee's report or FA. I'd never seen anything like it since. Utter madness that no one was badly injured.

Seamroga in exile

Still no confirmation of dates/times/venues for matches in the senior hurling championship on the county site a week after the last game was played. What a shambles!

Do you think if your man stopped using his thesaurus to wrongly use the word "demagoguery" on the county guestbook, (folks down here can't believe he gets away with what he does on an official county site),  he/she might actually post something on there of some relevance to people once in a while?

4father

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 04, 2011, 07:34:10 PM
folks down here can't believe he gets away with what he does on an official county site

It looks completely awful on the county.  I've a few friends in Armagh who log on all the time and laugh about it.  Do they not realize that its the official county site and therefore reflects all of us?  On no other county website do the officialdom reply in such ways.  Cheeky would be an understatement.  Its arrogant, its pompous and its completely dis-empowering. 

Surely there is some way of stopping that (in a democratic way?).

The Cats were super today, a joy to watch!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: 4father on September 04, 2011, 07:42:33 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 04, 2011, 07:34:10 PM
folks down here can't believe he gets away with what he does on an official county site

It looks completely awful on the county.  I've a few friends in Armagh who log on all the time and laugh about it.  Do they not realize that its the official county site and therefore reflects all of us?  On no other county website do the officialdom reply in such ways.  Cheeky would be an understatement.  Its arrogant, its pompous and its completely dis-empowering. 

Surely there is some way of stopping that (in a democratic way?).

The Cats were super today, a joy to watch!
Your friends in Armagh aren't the only ones. I know folks in several counties south of the Boyne who log in every other evening for a gander at his verbosity.

4father

It's a poor reflection on our poor county.