Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

auld stock

was in b'cstle on mon & i regret now not bringing a dictaphone for all the rubbish i heard. b'cstle to beat loughguile. what a laugh. you have more hope of osama bin laden opening a pork sandwich van outside the whitehouse!!! where is the reasoning in that?? a team who had dunloy at their mercy 2 years ago in loughguile only to find that their b@lls hadnt dropped yet.division 2 team who got past an unfortunately stereo typed ill disciplined johnnies team.havent won big ears in nearly 30years & trust me they arent going to break that big duck anytime this decade.they r a bit like antrim in that they are too good for second tier hurling but nowhere near good enough for the top table.while we are on the subject read nothing into the weekends results.dunloy had a scare agreed but they have way too much quality in their side to be mugged by st galls. dunloy by at least 8 in the replay. loughguile didnt perform anywhere near even 3rd gear & still won. C'dall v glenarriffe was never going to be anything else but a grinding out by a few points.so formalities done & down to the business end of things heres how it gonna go int he semis - loughguile to trounce b'castle by at least 11pts. dunloy & c'dall too close to call with the result either a draw or either team to win handy by 6 or 7 pts with the winner of this one just sneaking by the shammrocks by 4pts in the final. discussion OVER!!!! 

ManInBlackandGreen

MR2 come on now mate what odds on the refs for the semis and then the final, I'm sure they are all checking the site reading and wondering, whos in the frame, RM  is out because he can't get to Lourdes and back in time, so is it Elliott ( sit down boy), Cunning "Skinny" (Dunloy need to be beaten), Duffy(Oh don't I look good in Croke Park), Reilly the(Terrible), Hassan ( Blow in part timer from L,Derry), Mc Auley "Herbie to none chip munchers" Uncle Tommy (Not likely) Jesus thinks that's it!

Seriously MR2 whats the betting, and what club would favour who? They are all dying to know, and don't believe a word they are all on this site every day! ;D

Milltown Row2

Herbie for me Maninblackandgreen, While he sent off one of our lads this year I think he's a decent spud who does ok
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ManInBlackandGreen

Well said MR, absolute gentleman.

Just Puck It

maxpower

Anyone but Skinny ;)

We've a few decent referee's now, for me hassan or duffy turn
What happens next????

Bog Ash Camam

Ah, lads, lads, lads, not that old referee crap again!  But for what it's worth, young Cunning should be in with a great chance, assuming of course that Noamh Gall beat Dunloy.  All the rest, with the exception of Hasson, are a shower of shysters !  Reilly (The Terrible one, and by F*** he is) as someone aptly put it, would never have a hope!  :D 

Must get back to painting the ceiling so I can get out on Sunday  ;) ;)  Browny points and all that!  ;D
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

pullhard

Quote from: auld stock on August 31, 2011, 07:05:42 PM
was in b'cstle on mon & i regret now not bringing a dictaphone for all the rubbish i heard. b'cstle to beat loughguile. what a laugh. you have more hope of osama bin laden opening a pork sandwich van outside the whitehouse!!! where is the reasoning in that?? a team who had dunloy at their mercy 2 years ago in loughguile only to find that their b@lls hadnt dropped yet.division 2 team who got past an unfortunately stereo typed ill disciplined johnnies team.havent won big ears in nearly 30years & trust me they arent going to break that big duck anytime this decade.they r a bit like antrim in that they are too good for second tier hurling but nowhere near good enough for the top table.while we are on the subject read nothing into the weekends results.dunloy had a scare agreed but they have way too much quality in their side to be mugged by st galls. dunloy by at least 8 in the replay. loughguile didnt perform anywhere near even 3rd gear & still won. C'dall v glenarriffe was never going to be anything else but a grinding out by a few points.so formalities done & down to the business end of things heres how it gonna go int he semis - loughguile to trounce b'castle by at least 11pts. dunloy & c'dall too close to call with the result either a draw or either team to win handy by 6 or 7 pts with the winner of this one just sneaking by the shammrocks by 4pts in the final. discussion OVER!!!!

fair enough comment. Did pinky and mcgarry pull up injured?

NAG1

Wouldnt matter, the wheels always come off the wagon for the town at the semi final stage. Dont think this current crop are any different.

Jesusjones

I don't think Ballycastle can cause an upset because of the way Ballycastle played in their quarter final, I think Ballycastle can cause an upset because of the way Loughgiel played in their quarter final.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 01, 2011, 11:31:13 AM
I don't think Ballycastle can cause an upset because of the way Ballycastle played in their quarter final, I think Ballycastle can cause an upset because of the way Loughgiel played in their quarter final.
i would of worried more if we had of hammered rossa. Then we would be going into town game expecting to win. Now loughgiel know what everyone in county knows. Improvement needed.  Wouldn't expect them to take town lightly
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Jesusjones

Sleeping Giant, my own reading of Loughgiel has been that over the past 8 years or so they never take any game lightly, no matter championship, feis, league or whatever they always give it 100%. I'd be worried if I was a Loughgiel man. Cushendall are a different kettle of fish, you never know what they are going to do in the championship because they never give it everything in the league.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 01, 2011, 01:36:04 PM
Sleeping Giant, my own reading of Loughgiel has been that over the past 8 years or so they never take any game lightly, no matter championship, feis, league or whatever they always give it 100%. I'd be worried if I was a Loughgiel man. Cushendall are a different kettle of fish, you never know what they are going to do in the championship because they never give it everything in the league.

So Cushendall will win it this year? That's sorted.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

auld stock

JJ i know the shammrocks didnt hit the heights against rossa but rem 2years ago? dunloy got out of jail big time against g'arriffe when they only got by when Johnny "tosh" got the line. then should have been put away by the proverbial chokers, as b'cstle hit wide after wide. then in the final the 'dall should have blown them out of the water in the first 15mins of the final but didnt take their scores. they went on then to win handy in the end. my point being when it comes to the 'dall, shammrocks & dunloy you can never use their last c'ship game as any kind of yardstick for their next.think that this year is the hardest to call for a long time. would be a brave man to put their do ray me's on anyone with any degree of confidence. 

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2011, 02:31:46 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on September 01, 2011, 01:36:04 PM

So Cushendall will win it this year? That's sorted.

Cushendall have took it easy in the league before, certainly, but they had better teams than they do this year. In fairness Dunloy and Loughgiel aren't great either.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"