Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

The "big 3" are not as far ahead of the pack as we thought, maybe.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

anailís

+1 Minder
What was your opinion of Oisin's use of Tosh as defender with the breeze in the first half, and then reversed against the breeze tonight Minder?

Sleeping giant

defiantly not,  expect shamrocks to get serious shake up over next 2 weeks,  pity galls didn't hold on.  :D
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 28, 2011, 09:04:00 PM
defiantly not,  expect shamrocks to get serious shake up over next 2 weeks,  pity galls didn't hold on.  :D
+1   ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

id expect dunloy will have galls in north antrim next time round and win handy. but its leaving them with a week before big semi with dall. everyone needs improvement, but all to play for

anailís

It'll be interesting to see when the replay is. St. Gall's have football championship next weekend. Possibly have to push the semi back now.

Sleeping giant

midweek floodlight??

Minder

Quote from: anailís on August 28, 2011, 09:00:18 PM
+1 Minder
What was your opinion of Oisin's use of Tosh as defender with the breeze in the first half, and then reversed against the breeze tonight Minder?

Total madness, couldn't believe it, was told to do it by management though. We needed as big a lead as possible in first half with that wind, and the deficit at half time wasn't big enough. That Cushendall team is a pale shadow of past Dall teams. Thought Hasson had a bad day at the office.

anailís

Couldn't believe it either Minder.

4father

Surprised with the draw but I did think that St Galls could have got close.  They are probably the most up and coming hurling team in Belfast.

How did the Intermediate go?

theskull1

Tis the 25th anniversary of probably our worst ever championship defeat to St Pauls. We deserved the same tonight as we were awful in so many areas of the pitch. Bar their shooting St Galls taught us a hurling lesson. They will be kicking themselves with the wides and the jammy goal which kept us in that game.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sleeping giant

Quote from: 4father on August 28, 2011, 09:49:30 PM
Surprised with the draw but I did think that St Galls could have got close.  They are probably the most up and coming hurling team in Belfast.

id say rossa are the up and coming team in city, but if st galls were to put the effort into hurling that they have done in football then things may be looking up,   good luck to them in replay

clootfromthe21

Quote from: 4father on August 28, 2011, 09:49:30 PM

Lamh Dhearg 2 13 Clooney Gaels 2 08 (per twitter on the county site)

Anyone any idea whether the Lamh Dhearg line out was affected by the goings on in Casement last Sunday?

the colonel

Expected a tough battle as you would in a derby game. We were slow out of the blocks, hurled in spells but big improvement needed. Tosh could have snatched a draw although I think we deserved the win. Good to see Brian Delargy back, a very underrated player but his teammates know his worth. Good to see we kept our discipline and Karl should slot back in to boost our midfield and potentially play with Decky McKillop who made an impact when introduced. I must say I was also baffled at some of the oisins tactics and some of their switches. Both spare men/sweepers cleared alot of ball.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on August 29, 2011, 12:03:01 AM
Expected a tough battle as you would in a derby game. We were slow out of the blocks, hurled in spells but big improvement needed. Tosh could have snatched a draw although I think we deserved the win. Good to see Brian Delargy back, a very underrated player but his teammates know his worth. Good to see we kept our discipline and Karl should slot back in to boost our midfield and potentially play with Decky McKillop who made an impact when introduced. I must say I was also baffled at some of the oisins tactics and some of their switches. Both spare men/sweepers cleared alot of ball.

Fair enough assessment.