Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

Cloughmills won 4:11 to 0:08
What happens next????

Seamroga in exile

Won by 3 points. LW saw red again. Poor performance, no excuses.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

maxpower

What was the score, did the sending off keep the game tight
What happens next????

Minder

Quote from: maxpower on August 26, 2011, 09:12:08 PM

0-15 to 1-9, Watson was sent off at the very end i think.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

oisinog

Quote from: Minder on August 26, 2011, 09:17:17 PM
Quote from: maxpower on August 26, 2011, 09:12:08 PM

0-15 to 1-9, Watson was sent off at the very end i think.

What was he sent off for

theskull1

Reading between the lines of SiEs post I think we can assume he saw red for a reason. Can we move on
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

4father

Quote from: theskull1 on August 26, 2011, 09:44:32 PM
Reading between the lines of SiEs post I think we can assume he saw red for a reason. Can we move on

Not worth a discussion.

Just Puck It

Seemed to be for mouthing from where I was standing.  He'd conceeded free, got a yellow card, then had a go.  Unsure if he got a second yellow or if it was a straight red but who really cares - no need to talk about it as Skill said...move on.

Fairhead

In a strange way, up until injury time, id say L'giel were happy enough how the match had went as they had not been impressive so will have plenty to work on and the hype from their fans would not be cranked up.

The incident at the end will overshadow everything now and as i say the game was in injury time and it was a tussle at the sideline near the half way line. Lg fans screamed blue murder at the linesman saying Rossa man had taken it over the line but play went on. Ref then gave a free to Rossa and i think LW got a yellow at this point. LW then was "talking" to the linesman and then the linesman was on pitch consulting ref and he produced a red straight away to LW and not a 2nd yellow. Crazy stuff for players on the winning team when they are 3 points up in injury time to be going mad over a line ball in middle of pitch.

btdtgtt

I think Liam was hard done by tonight. Ref had good game without much fuss but maybe our fella reputation leaves him open to red card when others might not see it. Fair play to Rossa. I watched them few times this year but they obviously have club problems - how can a team be be so bad in the league yet produce in championship? Liam skinner eddie Marty all pulled thru, but I feel Rossa suffered from division 2 hurling. Kettle still tough and Hamill still influences the game some great young lads in shannon and Armstrong. For mc tonight proved cdall have it to lose but looking Forward to St johns v town tomorro - any thoughts guys?

Seamroga in exile

I wasn't going to comment on the sending off. There's no point on this or any other board of putting forward any point of view regarding Liam as the majority have their minds made up whether they were there or not. He was silly for getting involved but a straight red was nothing more than ott.

Having said that, he should be available for the final.   :)

I was left feeling deflated after the first half but seen enough in the second to still have confidence in this team. I mean, do we all remember the Dunloy team of two years ago?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: maxpower on August 26, 2011, 08:59:11 PM
Excellent result. Well done the Biddies! I know how hard they've been training for this. I hope they win it again.

JamesH

Hold on SIE are you telling me that calling a match official a bastard is OK then repeating it along with a few more expletives when Terry Reilly arrived in is acceptable, or is it just because its Liam Watson that its OK. The ref was quite good, to most peoples suprise, and i cant understand why Liam got involved as Loughgiel had the game won without getting out of 2nd gear. Depending on refs report on wether he will be available for the final its normally 4 weeks.

Glensman

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 27, 2011, 02:57:17 AM
Quote from: maxpower on August 26, 2011, 08:59:11 PM
Excellent result. Well done the Biddies! I know how hard they've been training for this. I hope they win it again.

Seems a good result alright but they are sure to be big underdogs for the final with a strong pairing in the other semi. Again?? Think they won junior last year so this is a step up.

I know I "+1ed" earlier in this thread re said individual but here I talk solely about the incident. I was just out of earshot at the match last night but am reliably (I believe) informed that the player called the linesman a b@stard twice in quick enough succession. If you play with fire you're gonna get burned and given the stance this year (Ray's correct stance earlier in Ulster League having been talked about to death the length of North Antrim and further afield) whoever is willing to treat an unpaid official with such disdain deserves what he gets.

Seamroga in exile

I never said it was ok. I just wonder if someone else had've been in that situation would they have got the same treatment. I would hope so but don't think so. The vultures always circle for their piece of meat as soon as Winker steps out of line. Like I said before, he was stupid for getting involved. Enough said.