Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

We're just different kinds of people MR2. I could never envisage betting against my club or county.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 22, 2011, 09:11:45 PM
We're just different kinds of people MR2. I could never envisage betting against my club or county.

That's good, I can live with that.

My betting won't change how bad we were, everyone knew that Dublin were coming into this game on a high, having beaten a lot of good teams we were coming into the game having nearly lost to Armagh.

That fact remains and will again next year and the year after. Tipp beat us by more the year before and everyone knew that was happening that time also. But it's my fault and others who made a few pound the other day!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 22, 2011, 09:29:24 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 22, 2011, 09:11:45 PM

That's good, I can live with that.

My betting won't change how bad we were, everyone knew that Dublin were coming into this game on a high, having beaten a lot of good teams we were coming into the game having nearly lost to Armagh.

That fact remains and will again next year and the year after. Tipp beat us by more the year before and everyone knew that was happening that time also. But it's my fault and others who made a few pound the other day!!
I never said that.

NAG1

Yet again the championship fixtures time wise are a joke, what is the point of splitting the games up over the weekend to then fix two games for Sunday evening were it is impossible to see both.

Glensman

Quote from: NAG1 on August 23, 2011, 09:53:34 AM
Yet again the championship fixtures time wise are a joke, what is the point of splitting the games up over the weekend to then fix two games for Sunday evening were it is impossible to see both.

Big time - Derry seem to be very good at this (and smart to generate revenue). If you wanted to see all quarter finals in a day/over the weekend you could. A feast of hurling and then a few Bank Holiday pints. Seriously foolish thinking.

One fixture that struck me as strange as well as the Sunday clash was Intermediate - St Teresa's v Cloghmills.
Lamh Dhearg on a Friday night? Do they have floodlights up there?
Would these teams have much of a support...not wiser to make a double header with a senior/the other intermediate (like the junior?!)?

Jesusjones

I'd love to have had all 4 senior quarter finals on in Casement in the one day. Atmosphere would have been fantastic and it would make a great day out.

Glensman

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 23, 2011, 11:14:40 AM
I'd love to have had all 4 senior quarter finals on in Casement in the one day. Atmosphere would have been fantastic and it would make a great day out.

Agree...or 2 up the country Saturday eveningnight and then 2 Casement Sunday evening/night.

pdiddy

Quote from: Glensman on August 23, 2011, 11:27:19 AM

Agree...or 2 up the country Saturday eveningnight and then 2 Casement Sunday evening/night.

3 out of 4 within 8 miles of home - I can't really complain  ;D
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Jesusjones

Pdiddy the 3 in North Antrim is nice I suppose from a travelling point of view but it is hard to beat Casement for quality of surface, atmosphere and viewing pleasure.

NAG1

Yeah but why bother going to the trouble of splitting them all up for revenues purposes and then just shafting the last two QF's just doesnt add up to me.

maxpower

Antrim website showing a double header with us and Clooney Gaels match, 7:30pm on a Sunday evening is a while time for a match
What happens next????

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: pdiddy on August 23, 2011, 01:49:01 PM
Quote from: Glensman on August 23, 2011, 11:27:19 AM

3 out of 4 within 8 miles of home - I can't really complain  ;D
I'll be up on Friday for the weekend. Can't wait!!! McAllisters on Saturday and Sunday morning seems like a plan!!!

Just Puck It

Quote from: maxpower on August 23, 2011, 04:29:51 PM
Antrim website showing a double header with us and Clooney Gaels match, 7:30pm on a Sunday evening is a while time for a match

Our match against you in the Ulster League justifies that! Sure it was too dark before extra-time even began and that was about 2 or 3 weeks ago? Be dark half an hour earlier now than it was then!  Don't know why they didn't just play one game early afternoon and the other around 6ish..

JamesH

MR2 if your minors perform like they did in Saturdays semi final the Dunloy boys will need body armour, some of the tackling wouldn't have been lost in the bearpit 20 years ago, an absolute disgrace. I have to say its not a performance i was expecting from a club like yours, the Bruce Lee impersonator(Number 10) must be really proud of himself running and jumping kung fu style to kick a man in the back and then running away and your mentors giving him the number 14 jersey to change into. how you managed only two red carded was beyond anyone at the match even CJ. That rant over if we don't improve St Johns will turn us over big time, but its not the forgone conclusion people expect, We have some very good minors and 7-8 u16's backing them up.

Milltown Row2

Tell me how your lads performed against Ballycastle in the county final one year Jamesh?? remind me of that day please?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea