Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruairi

you are right about taking a hardline stance on verbal abuse but im not sure Neil will be overly happy at being suspended for not even saying a word. if it is only a short suspension then I wouldnt mind (from a cdall point of view). however, I do know that Neil will be very annoyed if that is the outcome.

A club suspension would be even more harsh.

oisinog

Sorry I meant an internal suspension not a full club suspension

Jesusjones

oisinog, you have posted the biggest pile of rubbish I have ever heard. If you knew anything at all RM was told by one of his linesmen EH, that he had made a mistake and that it was Karl who said it. RM then put an amendment to his referees report stating that he was wrong about sending off Neil and that he now knows it was Karl. The likely outcome is that Neil's red card will be rescinded however this talk that Karl can't get suspended is a load of rubbish and as far as I am aware he will get banned. For how long is up to the Ulster Council. On a side note, oisinog you said Neil lashed out due to frustration due to him playing badly. Neil had scored 1-4 in the match, hardly playing badly. I'm sure you'd be happy if any of your forwards scored 1-4 in the championship quarter final however I don't think there is much chance of that. Keep your rubbish off this discussion board. Glenariffe might be able to weasel their way out of relegation but there'll be no avoiding the stuffing you so richly deserve in the quarter final!!!

Minder

Didn't take long for the mask to slip.

JJ - Maybe you should go back to the Hoganstand.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jesusjones

Minder, what is wrong with what I have said? oisinog has posted a pile of rubbish. Glenariffe's actions relating to the league match in Dunloy won't have found them much favour around the county, or indeed on the ards penninsula. I'm sure there are plenty of people looking forward to the championship quarter final. Minder I haven't peddled any lies but oisinog has.

oisinog

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 17, 2011, 02:37:24 PM
Minder, what is wrong with what I have said? oisinog has posted a pile of rubbish. Glenariffe's actions relating to the league match in Dunloy won't have found them much favour around the county, or indeed on the ards penninsula. I'm sure there are plenty of people looking forward to the championship quarter final. Minder I haven't peddled any lies but oisinog has.

Poor Jesusjones has an issue with anyone else who has a comment to make. For your own information players from your own preisous team though it was Neil.

For your information I was refer to Neil having a poor game by his usual standards. He is his own biggest critic.

We are not going back to the Dunloy incident but at the end of the day we didnt do anything wrong by refusing to move a match when it would have been a disadvantage to us.

For your own information Cushendall approached Dunloy to move this said Ulster League game and refused as it didnt suit them. I have't herd you critise that decision.

Now please leave a discussion you had no part in earlier that is now over and done.

Also go read up on the rules of the GAA and come back with the rule about the suspension 

Applesisapples

Quote from: oisinog on August 17, 2011, 12:58:46 PM
Quote from: ruairi on August 17, 2011, 12:51:49 PM
I am obviously not sure what RM has in his report. I have my own opinion why Neil was sent off but RM also must have had a suspicion it was neil as he is obviously aware of the rules, but this time was mistaken.

Either way it isnt going to be swept under the carpet. i will be interesting to see what the outcome will be.   

I know the GAA is running a respect campaign and it appears refs have taken a more stricter stance at verbal abuse and to be honest its about time. We have had a big problem with it still do at times. I think a high profile sending off because of this is needed at the the min the most high profile hurler in antrim in Neil.

The CCC may recemmond a club suspension but the cant apply, There may be rule changes coming
Think about the logic of what you are saying, Refs are being stricter on verbal abuse, would suggest that its ok depending on the level of abuse. Why should referees give up their time to facilitate games if they have to listen to abuse. No level of abuse should be tolerated by anyone...this is sport.

If the ref in this instance has reported a player for verbal abuse and not mitigated by saying he may have been mistaken then all the arguments here over who said what are irrelevant as the Ulster Council will use the referees report. The Ulster CCC meets once per month and decisions are made then and notice issued, as I understand.

Minder

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 17, 2011, 02:37:24 PM

What part of what happened between Glenariffe and Dunloy last week do you and others not understand, or perhaps don't want to understand? I have already posted the other day what happened, nobody has disputed that. Glenariffe agreed to cancel the game but both teams were ordered to play it by the fixtures secretary Joe Edwards or face a deduction of a point and fine. Dunloy decided to go ahead with their training weekend, thats up to them but it wasn't our fault they didn't field, and they had 15 players from what i could see but there was talk from them that they didn't want to risk injuries to players due to their minor championship game on Monday.

It really isn't that complex. If anyone has a different version of events by all means lets hear it, but it isn't true. Glenariffe actually went against the wishes of their players by agreeing to cancel it, if that is unsporting well i give up. It might not suit your narrative but thats the way it was.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jesusjones

oisinog you need to read the rules about the suspension process. By the weekend I will be proven correct. Karl will get suspended and Neil will have his red card rescinded. Wait and see. Also I was part of the previous conversation oisinog and if I want too I'll post my opinion for discussion. It is a discussion board after all.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on August 16, 2011, 08:49:51 PM
Ah Jesus lads, do I have to come on here every time and explain the rules? RM has had loads of experience in doing this, Karl will be gassed! The pitch Closure is straight forward the Dall didn't fckn name the lads for obvious reasons I am reliability told, i.e. 9 to 5 if you know what I mean and the lads in the Dall know it. The Town played it cute as always, so in short if the Dall can't name them due to 9 to 5 then take it on the chin and focus on the Championship.

So The Town cooperates withe the County Board and that's
Quoteplaying it cute
?

and
Quoteas always
?

From somebody claiming to be a ref those are comments that should worry both the CB AND Ballycastle.

what price impartiality from this ref?

oisinog

Jesusjones a ref never showed a card to this 3rd person involved so therefore they were never sent off and can not be suspended.

Is there a referee who can clear this up for us

NAG1

oisinog

think you are talking about the rules of soccer there!

oisinog

Nag in soccer a player can be suspended after a match due to tv evidence

How many occassions in the gaa players has  tv evidence been used to suspend a player. As far as I'm aware it is only once as all matches are not televised it was deemed not fair to use this as evidence

imtommygunn

Quite a few boys have been suspended with video evidence Oisin Og. The dreaded trial by tv has got much PR over the last few years.

Kerry players have fallen particularly foul of it.

Tyrone always have the lawyers to get round it.

Awful lot of dirty linen being aired very,and too, publicly on this thread these days.

oisinog

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 17, 2011, 04:23:41 PM
Quite a few boys have been suspended with video evidence Oisin Og. The dreaded trial by tv has got much PR over the last few years.

Kerry players have fallen particularly foul of it.

Tyrone always have the lawyers to get round it.

Awful lot of dirty linen being aired very,and too, publicly on this thread these days.

You learn something new everyday

I agree there is a lot of dirty linen being discussed but is it in different in what happens in pubs or club houses up and down the county. Its just a wider circle of people to discuss with and I know I'mguilty of it myself