Wee James Is The New Down Manager

Started by CĂșig huaire, July 28, 2009, 11:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Mc Cartan, Tally and Mc Iver will form a great team - it won't be their fault if things go wrong again.

topgun

Quote from: orangeman on September 11, 2009, 12:03:40 PM
Mc Cartan, Tally and Mc Iver will form a great team - it won't be their fault if things go wrong again.

sure the management team always gets the blame it will be no different this time down just dont hav the players yet too young
a prophet is not recognised by his own

spiritof91and94

Quote from: topgun on September 11, 2009, 12:06:33 PM

sure the management team always gets the blame it will be no different this time down just dont hav the players yet too young

Well done to the five committee leaking the story before the nominees were told - wonder which one done that? ???
Where is the money coming from for this team? ???

southdown

My only concern is James' lack of inter-county experience, but then he does have 2 good men with him.

Dan for Captain, Eoin Vice-Captain? ;)

Leo

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on September 11, 2009, 01:07:10 PM

The money is coming from a new sponsorship deal with MacDonalds.

Selection panel had their meetinhg there last night and asked for a Big Mac a Wee Mac and a Tally of what they owed.

Fierce tame altogether

norabeag

Quote from: Leo on September 11, 2009, 02:36:54 PM

Selection panel had their meetinhg there last night and asked for a Big Mac a Wee Mac and a Tally of what they owed.
You'll be giving the Co Board ideas with that one!!

southdown

Quote from: norabeag on September 11, 2009, 03:24:15 PM
Quote from: Leo on September 11, 2009, 02:36:54 PM

You'll be giving the Co Board ideas with that one!!

Sure their heads are fried!

mournerambler

Well done to the five committee leaking the story before the nominees were told - wonder which one done that? ???

I'm in agreement with spirit on this one, I think it's a disgrace that it's being broadcast on the airwaves & other media outlets that this is a done deal!
It's quite obvious that someone in a position they shouldn't be in (after hearing this in the media this is my view) has leaked this to the media.
If the clubs don't give it the backing tonight we as a county are going to once again look stupid.

T O Hare

Quote from: mournerambler on September 11, 2009, 04:42:41 PM

I'm in agreement with spirit on this one, I think it's a disgrace that it's being broadcast on the airwaves & other media outlets that this is a done deal!
It's quite obvious that someone in a position they shouldn't be in (after hearing this in the media this is my view) has leaked this to the media.
If the clubs don't give it the backing tonight we as a county are going to once again look stupid.

Will the clubs back it tonight???? A lot of clubs were looking wee Pete and will be asking questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Square Ball

from Hogan stand, heres a surprize  ;D

McCartan appointed Down boss

New Down football manager James McCartan
11 September 2009

The Down County Board have confirmed James McCartan as the new manager of the county's senior football team.

The appointment, for a three-year term, was ratified at a meeting of the County Committee earlier this evening with the new manager's backroom team including Paddy Tally and Brian McIver.

McCartan won All-Ireland senior football medals in 1991 and 1994, as well as two All Stars and an All-Ireland minor title. He also represented Ireland in International Rules in 1990.

Since his retirement from playing he has managed Queen's University to Sigerson Cup success in 2007, his own club Burren to a league title in 2005, Antrim club St Gall's to a county senior championship in 2008 and most recently he has been at the helm at Derry club Ballinderry.

Paddy Tally was the trainer of Tyrone during their All-Ireland and NFL winning season in 2003. He has coached St Mary's University College and was the Down senior football trainer during the past season.

Brian McIver managed Ballinderry to the 2002 Ulster and All-Ireland Club titles and Donegal to the National Football League in 2007.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Lecale2

Right decision in my opinion given where we are.

Fear Boirche

Might be getting ahead of myself, but I think I can already predict who the next five Down managers will  be:

Mickey Linden, Greg Blaney, Gary Mason, Eamonn Burns, Neil Collins......

Logan

Good appointment
Bit of a kick in the stones for Tally - not the main job he wanted
McIvor is a good man to have

saffron sam2

Quote from: goh4205 on September 10, 2009, 09:53:18 PM
You heard it here first,  We James has it with Tally & McIvor as Coaches.

Only, of course, if you didn't read it here first.

Quote from: saffron sam2 on September 02, 2009, 09:45:02 PM
Quote from: Logan on September 01, 2009, 02:54:43 PM
Quote from: interested on September 01, 2009, 02:47:18 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 01, 2009, 01:32:37 PM
Nobody in particular Logan.

I don't even know if I agree with the idea at all, but it does seem a bit strange that the people most directly affected by an appointment have no grounds for opinion at all. I guess the same thing happens in all sports though.
They must been asked in some shape or form or let their feelings be known that thet really do want McGrath.
I thought they wanted Tally?
What about McCartan?

Would a Tally - McCartan pairing be considered?

Butterknife has been for a run round the Mournes.

In other news for goh4205.

Man walks on  moon.

President Kennedy shot.

World War II ends.

One legged duck swims in circles.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Fear Boirche on September 11, 2009, 08:48:13 PM
Might be getting ahead of myself, but I think I can already predict who the next five Down managers will  be:

Mickey Linden, Greg Blaney, Gary Mason, Eamonn Burns, Neil Collins......

and dont forget Gerard Colgan. he has led an average Loughinisland team to back to back championship finals.