Tyrone v Kildare AIQF official thread!

Started by cadhlancian, July 26, 2009, 07:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 03, 2009, 01:56:21 AM
Quote from: Bomber2312 on August 03, 2009, 01:31:44 AM
great game of football out there today, proper 1/4 final. fair play to kildare, they just made the one or two simple errors that are crucial in games.

tyrone deserved to win but could of lost

deromt early was just indescribeable......just unreal

white's discipline will stop him being a top footballer unless remedied

cavanagh was very quiet

if a dub had done what gourmely did he'd be hung. in my opinion and as i point out never met the man, he is a player whom i always see involved in incidents, he appears to me to be very sly and he does seem to get involved in the antics that are not favourable. i on viewing his performances i do not like the level that he operates at. before all of you jump down my throught, i dont know him and arent attacking him personally but to me as a neutral observer i feel that if mark vaughan acted like gourley today there would be a 87 page topic on those dirty dubs.

i'm not a dub but i really dont like the way gourley operated today.

ricey went down like a ton of bricks when early swung out

kildare did drag off the ball alot

kildare are missing a few crucial players

do tyrone have any alternatives in middle sector...none seemed tried today

dooher will be found out by the years end

well done tyrone, game versus rebels will be immense

I would be inclined to agree with that. Chalky showed last year for the 21s that he has all the attributes to be a top, top footballer but he needs to curb his tendency to fly off the handle. He had to carry a needless yellow card into the second half and as a result he couldn't be as tight on Mulligan. He has missed an awful lot of football this year though and if we can keep him injury free and get a good league campaign into him he should develop.

Presume you're talking about Gormley rather than Ciarán Gourley in the rest of your post. Gourley didn't even come on for Tyrone. Gormley plays the game on the edge and riles up the opposition players and supporters no end. I thought Roli Sweeney showed incredible restraint not to deck him, but to be honest we'd all love Gormley if he was one of our own. When Justin McMahon gallopped up the field for an insurance point, Brian Flanagan had the perfect opportunity to cut him off as he went for the return pass but he didn't. I've no doubt if it was the other way round and Mick Foley was running past Gormley he'd have been hauled down. Cynical - without doubt, but the point wouldn't have been conceded.

I'd say Pearse O'Neill might fancy his chances of putting manners on him!
[

/quote]

I think every neutral in the country will be willing him on in this crusade. He epitimosises all that is nasty and sneaky in gaelic football. Thinks he is a hardman but its all an act.

On_the_Couch

I'd say Pearse O'Neill might fancy his chances of putting manners on him!
[

/quote]

I think every neutral in the country will be willing him on in this crusade. He epitimosises all that is nasty and sneaky in gaelic football. Thinks he is a hardman but its all an act.
[/quote]

Good actor though all the same

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: yellowcard on August 03, 2009, 06:56:31 PM

Learn to use the quotes properly on this board: red card - off with you!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Puckoon

That was a hell of a score over the sideline by Johnny Doyle. :o

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Puckoon on August 03, 2009, 11:10:28 PM

Johnny also stole about 5 yards, as he did with most of his frees. Was a great effort though.

Puckoon

Archie, in fairness Joe McMahon does the same thing, but just because hes not going for a score, no one notices?

Archie Mitchell

Probably, as do most free takers. Probably more noticeable when going for a score. You would think as it was a sideline ball, the officials would be able to judge if he stole yards or not. Not our Gerry though.

tyrone86

Personally, this was my favourite picture

The come dancing element aside, knowing McGeeney the S&C on tape probably stood for strength and conditioning

tyssam5

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 03, 2009, 11:26:48 PM

Johnny also stole about 5 yards, as he did with most of his frees. Was a great effort though.

Being allowed to go over the line for a line ball is one thing kind of bugs me. There is a fecking line, you should be kicking from behind it presumabely, yet the interpretation is 'a well sure run on there lad, don't be going to far now'. I was debating ambiguity or lack thereof with Hardy in another thread, but this is one from a restart were there is frigging line drawn on the field.

Am I wrong does the rule book say 'side-line kick to be taken on the pitch but within 2 or 3 yards of the side-line'

yellowcard

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 03, 2009, 09:18:21 PM

I'm terribly sorry. I notice you didn't put up any defence of your number 4 though. I'm presuming you can't defend his antics so.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: yellowcard on August 04, 2009, 09:38:07 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 03, 2009, 09:18:21 PM

I'm terribly sorry. I notice you didn't put up any defence of your number 4 though. I'm presuming you can't defend his antics so.
why would he defend Tyrones number 4 when the original comment was made about Connor Gormley?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: longball on August 03, 2009, 12:25:41 PM
Jonny Curran has no interest in football.

I'm glad MH ignored your advice about Stevie longball  ;)

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 04, 2009, 09:59:31 AM
why would he defend Tyrones number 4 when the original comment was made about Connor Gormley?

Good point!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

yellowcard

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 04, 2009, 10:00:32 AM
Quote from: longball on August 03, 2009, 12:25:41 PM
Jonny Curran has no interest in football.

I'm glad MH ignored your advice about Stevie longball  ;)

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 04, 2009, 09:59:31 AM

Good point!

Well that should have read number 6, it was a typing error. As for the number 4 well the same things apply to him anyway. You still can't defend Gormley though.

Zapatista

Quote from: tyssam5 on August 04, 2009, 04:58:00 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 03, 2009, 11:26:48 PM

Being allowed to go over the line for a line ball is one thing kind of bugs me. There is a fecking line, you should be kicking from behind it presumabely, yet the interpretation is 'a well sure run on there lad, don't be going to far now'. I was debating ambiguity or lack thereof with Hardy in another thread, but this is one from a restart were there is frigging line drawn on the field.

Am I wrong does the rule book say 'side-line kick to be taken on the pitch but within 2 or 3 yards of the side-line'

If you had to kick the ball from behind the line the ball would be out of play before you kicked it.