Tyrone v Kildare AIQF official thread!

Started by cadhlancian, July 26, 2009, 07:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Rois on August 02, 2009, 10:19:55 PM
I was Lower Hogan, section 330, he may have been drunk but was in his 40s, not a  teenager. I have never had that language directed at me before. Jaysus I was nearly in tears!  

That's a disgrace. I'm annoyed nobody stood up to the tr**p. At the Wexford game last year there was a so called Wexford supporter saying some while stuff I won't repeat. To their credit loads of real Wexford supporters told him to shut his f**king mouth. In particular one truly fearsome Wexford woman about 4 rows in front who put the absolute fear of god in him. Put it this way, he disappeared at half time and didn't come back.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 02, 2009, 11:36:42 PM
On a lighter note...did anyone notice packie's sliced kick out during the warm up that clocked an artane band member on the skull, was quite amusing  ;D

Poor girl, happened right in front of us. She never even broke her line, well trained band. There was a couple of close ones right after that one too!
H. L. Mencken

longrunsthefox

Aye boys like that need confronted... I remember in 2002 when Sligo beat Tyrone and the Fox was half mad- this Meath boy was shouting awful stuff in the second game at Donegal players calling them 'scum' etc...  I lost it (mostty because of the Sligo result) and told him I'd bust him if he said another word. He was in a state of shock and never spoke after that . You find boys like that are usually yellow when they are confronted.    

Shamrock Shore

I thought is was a great game. I would question only once Tyrone's cynicism and that was at the death knell and we'd all do the same it truth be told.

The best team won over the 70 mins and I look forward to the Langers v Tyrone semi.

Will be interesting!

RMDrive

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on August 02, 2009, 11:52:07 PM
QuoteI was Lower Hogan, section 330, he may have been drunk but was in his 40s, not a  teenager. I have never had that language directed at me before. Jaysus I was nearly in tears! 

That's a disgrace. I'm annoyed nobody stood up to the tr**p. At the Wexford game last year there was a so called Wexford supporter saying some while stuff I won't repeat. To their credit loads of real Wexford supporters told him to shut his f**king mouth. In particular one truly fearsome Wexford woman about 4 rows in front who put the absolute fear of god in him. Put it this way, he disappeared at half time and didn't come back.

Rois - I was sitting behind Mrs Daly so Im sure you were probably in the row in front of us! Although Mr Daly looks like a big enough lad that any misconstruance towards his missus or her cousins wouldnt go down too well! Im sure you noticed me giving off at the Donegal ones who were very proactive on Kildars's cause - I was behind them for their match and was ripping at them for supporting Kildare!

Was it you that rang up Newstalk?
Most of the Donegal people around me were giving Tyrone what ever bit of support they had left in them. Personally speaking I was so shellshocked that I was a very dispassionate observer of the 2nd game - although I was glad that Tyrone won it. The other thing to remember is that people can support whoever they want.

Not going to single any team out but the booing of freetakers and the cheering of wides is really sickening to see/hear. Supporters need to have a bit of class and it reflects badly on your county when you choose to engage in "negative supoprting". I wouldn't mind but both sets of supporters had enough brilliant play to cheer.

Archie Mitchell

Great game and great result. Just the type of game that Tyrone needed after an easy Ulster Championship and they will learn more from that today than Cork did in their game.

Thought best for Tyrone were Justy, Ricey, Gormley, Dooher, Penrose, O'Neill, Mugsy and Brian McGuigan.

After reading through the comments, cant understand where everyone seen this cynical, masters of dark acts etc impression they got of Tyrone today. Fair enough there was some instances of it, by both teams,  but some of use are going over the top. Especially picking out Conor Gormley for smiling at an opponent after he was fouled. That's the worst i've ever heard! Probably the most guilty man for this carry on was the Kildare no.8. He never left Cavanagh alone when the ball wasn't in play, constantly getting in his face, pushing him, blocking him off etc. When he followed Cavanagh on the ball I thought he did OK and his tactics worked, but no call for the behaviour when the ball wasn't in play.

The less said about the ref the better. Made some strange calls on both teams and the timekeeping was a joke, though I think it wouldn't have mattered as Tyrone would have still seen the game out.

Agnes Dipesto

I thought it was good tight game for Tyrone and fair play to Kildare for their worthy performance.

Rois, really annoyed for you and disgusted that these so called supporters go to matches and do nothing but shout obscenities, and to direct it a female is sickening.

men in black

Mc Geeney & Grimley have achieved great things with this Kildare team, and they will achieve greater, no doubt. We have work to do, and we've three weeks in which to do it. Cork didn't have a test today at all, Donegal capitulated after ten minutes, and thereafter it was nothing more than a training game for them.

Cork had a turkey shoot.
Kildare have bought into McGeeney & Grimley and are going to be about at this stage for next few years  

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Armin Tamzarian on August 02, 2009, 07:02:55 PM
Who was that bollocks in the yellow bib doing all running for kildare? Every break in play he was across the field like a rocket shouting at everyone he passed. Mickey moynagh wasn't just quite as active

Do you know Niall Carew personally?? What gives you the right to call him a bollocks?? Grow up ffs
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

tyrone86

Quote from: fred the red on August 02, 2009, 10:39:23 PM
Disgraceful Rois. You should ask the tryone county board which club they allocated that seat to and contact their chairman.

Croke park isnt fit for vermin like that.

Given it was section 330, there's a fair chance it was the club chairman. Sorry to hear that Rois, whatever it is, Croke Park seems to draw larger numbers of the more knackerish element of the Tyrone support.

As for the game, I do believe I was watching a different game to most on here. I would be of the same opinion of Shamrock Shore in that Tyrone weren't particular cynical until the last couple of minutes and were trying to close the game out. Fair play to McGeeney, I thought he was tactically spot on - he almost had the perfect balance of trying to stop Tyrone from playing and playing to the obivious strengths of his own side. Tyrone's half forward line completely disappeared for long stages in the 1st half, there must have been half a dozen occasions when Tyrone tried to break out of defense and there was a 70 yard gap up the field to Stevie O'Neill. Ricey, Jordan, Cavanagh and Tommy had rare off days, and PJ's place could be under pressure for the Semi Final. Wee Brian may not be near the level as he was in 2005 in terms of picking out wonder passes, but by Jesus, if there's a better man at composing those around him when he's on the ball I haven't seen him yet. Kildare are a serious team and this time 12 months nobody will want to face them in a Quarter Final.

Bomber2312

great game of football out there today, proper 1/4 final. fair play to kildare, they just made the one or two simple errors that are crucial in games.

tyrone deserved to win but could of lost

deromt early was just indescribeable......just unreal

white's discipline will stop him being a top footballer unless remedied

cavanagh was very quiet

if a dub had done what gourmely did he'd be hung. in my opinion and as i point out never met the man, he is a player whom i always see involved in incidents, he appears to me to be very sly and he does seem to get involved in the antics that are not favourable. i on viewing his performances i do not like the level that he operates at. before all of you jump down my throught, i dont know him and arent attacking him personally but to me as a neutral observer i feel that if mark vaughan acted like gourley today there would be a 87 page topic on those dirty dubs.

i'm not a dub but i really dont like the way gourley operated today.

ricey went down like a ton of bricks when early swung out

kildare did drag off the ball alot

kildare are missing a few crucial players

do tyrone have any alternatives in middle sector...none seemed tried today

dooher will be found out by the years end

well done tyrone, game versus rebels will be immense

ziggysego

Will post more When I'm next on computer. Superb second half from Tyrone, showing they did have an extra gear after all. Fair play to Kildare, really took the game to us. Especially enjoyed watching Doyle and Early. My MoTM was Gormley.

Got to say, laughable some of the anti-Tyrone stuff in here tonight.... from the usual quarters. Get over yourselves!
Testing Accessibility

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Bomber2312 on August 03, 2009, 01:31:44 AM

I'll admit Ricey plays on the edge, but he didn't actually go down, he held his face, which I think he did get a skite, but nowhere as much as he madde out but play continued, so the point is immaterial.

Tyrone really miss Enda Mc Ginley, and they have alternatives, its just Harte doesn't rush into anything, he gives players the benefit of the doubt to redeem themselves.

What does that mean... Dooher will be found out? He was half limping a good deal of the game. He gets some abuse every game, gets hit hard and plays his heart out. He had a poor enough game today by his own standards, but he's better on one leg than most players ten years his junior. He doesn't take shite, and I don't blame him, if you have players tageting you for 75 mins, you're perfectly entitled to give back back a bit of guff.

Gourley, wasn't playing but Conor Gormley was the real MOTM.
H. L. Mencken

Donnellys Hollow

great game of football out there today, proper 1/4 final. fair play to kildare, they just made the one or two simple errors that are crucial in games.

tyrone deserved to win but could of lost

white's discipline will stop him being a top footballer unless remedied

cavanagh was very quiet

if a dub had done what gourmely did he'd be hung. in my opinion and as i point out never met the man, he is a player whom i always see involved in incidents, he appears to me to be very sly and he does seem to get involved in the antics that are not favourable. i on viewing his performances i do not like the level that he operates at. before all of you jump down my throught, i dont know him and arent attacking him personally but to me as a neutral observer i feel that if mark vaughan acted like gourley today there would be a 87 page topic on those dirty dubs.

i'm not a dub but i really dont like the way gourley operated today.

kildare did drag off the ball alot

kildare are missing a few crucial players

well done tyrone, game versus rebels will be immense

I would be inclined to agree with that. Chalky showed last year for the 21s that he has all the attributes to be a top, top footballer but he needs to curb his tendency to fly off the handle. He had to carry a needless yellow card into the second half and as a result he couldn't be as tight on Mulligan. He has missed an awful lot of football this year though and if we can keep him injury free and get a good league campaign into him he should develop.

Presume you're talking about Gormley rather than Ciarán Gourley in the rest of your post. Gourley didn't even come on for Tyrone. Gormley plays the game on the edge and riles up the opposition players and supporters no end. I thought Roli Sweeney showed incredible restraint not to deck him, but to be honest we'd all love Gormley if he was one of our own. When Justin McMahon gallopped up the field for an insurance point, Brian Flanagan had the perfect opportunity to cut him off as he went for the return pass but he didn't. I've no doubt if it was the other way round and Mick Foley was running past Gormley he'd have been hauled down. Cynical - without doubt, but the point wouldn't have been conceded.

I'd say Pearse O'Neill might fancy his chances of putting manners on him!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

GalwayBayBoy

Great footballer alright and he played against us in the 1998 AI final and this year is as good as I've ever seen him play.