Kerry V Dublin

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HowAreYeGettinOn

Everyone I'm talking to about this game seems convinced that Dublin will win it. When I point out that they only just got past Kildare, who are about to be beaten by Tyrone, they just stare at me as if the information hasn't computed!

I realise Kerry haven't beaten anyone special either, and were very fortunate against Longford and Sligo. But they're still standing, they have tons of experience  - including experience of beating Dublin in CP, they have a clear historical edge over Dublin (which shouldn't matter, but does) AND they're underdogs with the bookies.

Maybe Kerry will be beaten on Monday. But I can't see it.

INDIANA

We did play for 55mins with 14 men against Kildare- again maybe you missed that. I'd love to see how Tyrone handle Kildare down to 14 men.
I wouldn't see this being anything but a tight game. And I don't think any other Dublin fan sees anything else. But this is the best chance we will get. Kerry haven't been in form and if we're evre going to beat them -its monday.
But we've been let down so often by the current Dublin team that we go in hope rather than expectation on Monday but be under no illusions - we'll never get a better chance and if we can't seal it on Monday then we've made no progress this year. Thats the reality

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: HowAreYeGettinOn on July 30, 2009, 04:36:20 PM
Everyone I'm talking to about this game seems convinced that Dublin will win it. When I point out that they only just got past Kildare, who are about to be beaten by Tyrone, they just stare at me as if the information hasn't computed!

I realise Kerry haven't beaten anyone special either, and were very fortunate against Longford and Sligo. But they're still standing, they have tons of experience  - including experience of beating Dublin in CP, they have a clear historical edge over Dublin (which shouldn't matter, but does) AND they're underdogs with the bookies.

Maybe Kerry will be beaten on Monday. But I can't see it.

Scuuuuse me!!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Hound

Most worried about the two O'Sulivans on Cullen and Andrews.

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on July 30, 2009, 06:06:20 PM
Most worried about the two O'Sulivans on Cullen and Andrews.

If we win the midfield battle we won't have to worry about either. Midfield is where I'm most worried about because I think Whelan should be playing.

orangeman

There were some nice tickets on ticketmaster there for the match. I picked up a few nice lower cusacks.

stew

I think Dublin will win this game by five or six points, Kerry may be fooling us all with this below avaerage form but I dont know that they have it in them any more, I hope not.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

INDIANA

Quote from: stew on July 30, 2009, 06:33:42 PM
I think Dublin will win this game by five or six points, Kerry may be fooling us all with this below avaerage form but I dont know that they have it in them any more, I hope not.

Thought the same until I read the kerry teamsheet including subs. A lot of class players still and some bench if its going wrong. We don't have anything like the bench depth they have. We have 2/3 excellent subs to bring on but its thin after that. They've 6/7.

Zulu

I'd disagree, Kerry don't have 6 or 7 subs to bring on at all and in fact I think they've a number of players on the starting 15 who aren't all that great either.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Frank Casey on July 29, 2009, 11:30:24 PM
Is it still one way along the canals?

Not at all Frank, and if you're driving it's both ways along the Grand too  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Frank Casey

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2009, 07:06:35 PM
Quote from: Frank Casey on July 29, 2009, 11:30:24 PM
Is it still one way along the canals?

Not at all Frank, and if you're driving it's both ways along the Grand too  ;)

Feck it - auto pilot on the sat nav then. I'll bring the muck spreader too might be handy.
KERRY 3:7

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: HowAreYeGettinOn on July 30, 2009, 04:36:20 PM

Or maybe they're staring at you because they don't understand the relevance of your computation?

muppet

Quote from: stew on July 30, 2009, 06:33:42 PM

I think the Dubs can finally beat them but they need a good lead going into the last 10 mins.
MWWSI 2017

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Frank Casey on July 30, 2009, 07:09:56 PM
Feck it - auto pilot on the sat nav then. I'll bring the muck spreader too might be handy.

A barge would be the handiest of all.

Seriously, both ways along the Grand when you swing a right at Bluebell, though you'll have a job, even with the muckspreader, along the Royal.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

lynchbhoy

while I thnk the dubs are not firing on all cylinders yet, I really think they can take kerry and get to the all Ireland final.

cork , Tyrone or Donegal will be a great match.

imo the most open championship in years. Great for football.