Kerry V Dublin

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Casey

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2009, 07:15:52 PM
Quote from: Frank Casey on July 30, 2009, 07:09:56 PM
Feck it - auto pilot on the sat nav then. I'll bring the muck spreader too might be handy.

A barge would be the handiest of all.

Seriously, both ways along the Grand when you swing a right at Bluebell, though you'll have a job, even with the muckspreader, along the Royal.

I really thing that the stirring spreading of sh*t muck could be vital on Monday.

Whats your call FSB??

KERRY 3:7

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Frank Casey on July 30, 2009, 10:50:35 PM
Whats your call FSB??

Good question Frank.

I think that Kerry will get it together in this one, they'll finally find that groove and snap into that familiar rhythm of lethal precision... but alas, I think that Dublin will have built up such a head of steam, consolidated their lead with sheer manic industry and mad purpose, and will frustrate the Kerry lads with their Hill-16 fuelled exuberance, that they'll actually prevail on the day; they'll actually mark up their first victory since 1977 against the indomitable (for the Dubs) Kingdom; 1977... when Michael Jackson was still black, wow! Kerry will rise, but the tank will have emptied somewhere around the 3/4 mark, and Jack O'Connor will curse the day he ever darkened the threshold of the CB's office to take the county reins again. Part II of his autobiography beckons - The Curse of the Kingdom.

Sorry Frank, though could be wrong  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Frank Casey

FSB for the first time since the short pants I've a worry about facing the Dubs. I feel that we might sneak it by one or leave it behind us by twelve. Cannot make up mind but if we can just get a flow going..................................................................... what ya doing the third Sunday in September?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That might sound cocky - not meant to. To beat the Dubs we'll have to perform. If we can get even just one real performance well............whatever.

Fear ón Srath Bán

I know what you mean, I'd always be concerned about an underperforming Kerry team with proven pedigree. I think Darren O'Sullivan called it just right at the weekend after the Antrim game when he said that the Qualifiers were all about getting through, not about performances, as our performances in the Qualifiers of last year are eloquent testimony to. If there's the same improvement in yourselves as there was in ourselves this time last year against the Dubs, then I think this is an impossible call.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Frank Casey

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2009, 11:21:12 PM
I know what you mean, I'd always be concerned about an underperforming Kerry team with proven pedigree. I think Darren O'Sullivan called it just right at the weekend after the Antrim game when he said that the Qualifiers were all about getting through, not about performances, as our performances in the Qualifiers of last year are eloquent testimony to. If there's the same improvement in yourselves as there was in ourselves this time last year against the Dubs, then I think this is an impossible call.

Agree with that. Second pair of boxers for the journey.

ross4life

Dublin to lead the game by 9pts only to lose by 1pt what ya think ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

INDIANA

Quote from: ross4life on July 31, 2009, 12:28:37 AM
Dublin to lead the game by 9pts only to lose by 1pt what ya think ;)

wouldn't surprise me. But i can't see us going  9 pts up or anything near it.

INDIANA

Those performances have nothing to do with a team peaking. They are simply bad days at he office and some days you survive - some years you don't. Its simply down to luck and an inability to put teams away rather than any talent Tyrone or Kerry have for peaking. The longer you stay in a competition the better chance you have of performing at some stage.
And thats all it is is a lack of convicition. I remember in vincents recent all-ireland run 2 years - twice they should have been beaten but weren't. And thats what concerns me about Monday- because at some stage Kerry are going to play well. And its a question of whether we can cope with that.

cornafean

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2009, 11:07:08 PM

Kerry will rise, but the tank will have emptied somewhere around the 3/4 mark

As always, FOSB hits the nail on the head. I think Kerry will put it up to the Dubs but if they run out of steam with 15/20 minutes to go, the Dubs will win, possibly decisively. On the other hand, if Kerry can manage to match the Dubs for 60/65 minutes, the longer they hold on, the greater the chance that the Dubs will blink before they do. It promises to be a fascinating contest.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Main Street

I have a fondness for the Dubs, just like you have for a cow that just goes on milking.
but I'm changing my mind on this games probable outcome and veering towards Kerry.

I suspect Galvin will be the key to that extra Kerry performance.
Looking forward to a great atmosphere and a great game.

cornafean

Plenty of tickets available now on Ticketmaster for Monday's game.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

HowAreYeGettinOn

Fair point Indiana - I hadn't factored in that the Dubs were down to 14 for most of the Kildare match.

Monday is certainly the best chance they'll get to beat Kerry. Maybe they will.

ONeill

Really looking forward to this. This is a massive, squad-defining game for the Dubs. Last year's humiliation is still fresh. When was the last time the Dubs were favourites to defeat Kerry?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hound

Speaking of odds, some interesting bets on Paddy Power (tho as usual probably get better value elsewhere)

Who'll score more.

Bernard Brogan (8/11) vs Colm Cooper (Evs)

Conal Keaney (4/6) vs Tommy Walsh (11/10)

Alan Brogan (4/6) vs Paul Galvin (11/10)

From a Dubs perspective I wouldnt risk any shillings on the first two, but I think Al is good value 

Rossfan

Quote from: ONeill on July 31, 2009, 02:06:58 PM
. When was the last time the Dubs were favourites to defeat Kerry?

1978 All Ireland Final  ;)

I'll probably stay on after the Minor game till half time at least. If it looks like being a close run thing I'll wait for the full game.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM