AIQF Tyrone v ?

Started by ONeill, July 22, 2009, 05:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Tv3 don't have any more matches after Saturday  :P
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

drici

Peter will be glad to get sitting down to watch the matches then.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Rois on July 22, 2009, 06:03:31 PM
I hope it's Sunday week, otherwise I'll miss it. 

I'd like Meath, they stopped us in 07 when we were Ulster champs, it would be fairly satisfying to get past them. 
Otherwise, a team that hasn't played us in the championship - Wicklow/Limerick. 

That doesn't make much sense if you want to see the game considering a quarter final involving Meath wouldn't be played until Saturday/Sunday fortnight.

tyroneboi

I think it would be a bit harsh to drop PJ Quinn after Sunday. I thought he did a decent enough job on Paddy Cunningham and if you look at the four points from play that Cunningham got, 2 of them came as a result of runners coming through the middle and PJ had to go out to tackle them.

Team will more than likely just show one change with McGinley probably coming in for Penrose I would think.

Rois

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 22, 2009, 06:43:12 PM
Quote from: Rois on July 22, 2009, 06:03:31 PM
I hope it's Sunday week, otherwise I'll miss it. 

I'd like Meath, they stopped us in 07 when we were Ulster champs, it would be fairly satisfying to get past them. 
Otherwise, a team that hasn't played us in the championship - Wicklow/Limerick. 

That doesn't make much sense if you want to see the game considering a quarter final involving Meath wouldn't be played until Saturday/Sunday fortnight.

Full of nonsense, me.  Haven't thought about permutations that seriously!! Set the dates and possibilities out there for me will you, if you're
that bothered. And then I'll pick one that makes sense.

ONeill

If it's Meath/Roscommon or Limerick, it's a fortnight this weekend. Kerry or Galway/Donegal or Kildare/Wicklow and it's next weekend.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 22, 2009, 05:24:15 PM
I think we're destined to meet Kerry next, would be some game and prob be better to face them now without star. Would Kerry like to face us now though? Could be the game to fire them up big time (provided they get the length!) mickey has a lot of big calls to make, although I'm sure he'll not complain. I think sean has to play out round the middle but would that leave us too light near the posts if mc ginley was to come back in at the expense of penrose for example?

I still reckon Antrim will win this weekend.

Ideally I'd like to meet Meath in the 1/4 final and correct 2007.
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

tyroneboi

Will the Dubs not be after a stand alone quarter final at Croke Park? They will probably draw the winners of Meath, Roscommon or Limerick then.

red hander

longrunsthefox

Quote from: drici on July 22, 2009, 06:39:37 PM
Peter will be glad to get sitting down to watch the matches then.

Why does he wear earphones when Matt Cooper asks him the questions? ..and did anyone hear that other eejit at kerry game say Sligo player should have went for point from the penalty. Peter soon hammered him on that... Canavan would have buried the penalty. 

Mr. Nakata

Everyone seems to be in agreement that if Enda slots back in Penfold has to the man to make way. I'd say it could be any one of these three, Mugsy, Tommy or Penfold. Is the Ardboe man essential for free kicks with the right boot? Does Mugsy get the nod for past glories? I seem to be the only poster who appreciates what the Aghyaran man brings to the table. I think PJ will retain his jersey.

ziggysego

I'm all for Penrose. I think Mugsy would be the one back on the bench.
Testing Accessibility

Tyrone Dreamer

Thought Mugsy did well on Sunday and would definately have him ahead of Penrose. Penrose is great at getting out in front for the ball but the end product isn't always the best. I wish Brian McGuigan had got more time on Sunday. If fit and back to anywhere near his best he would be an automatic starter. O'Neill and Mugsy would benefit from his passing. Depending on his form I would pick him ahead of Tommy, maybe the Ardboe posters who have watched them play more feel differently? Sean O'Neill was unlucky not to get a run on Sunday, I thought he looked in earlier games like he could provide Davy Harte with real competition for a place in the half back line.

Think we might get Donegal/Galway in the quarters but would prefer Kerry. Wouldnt be hard to get the team fired up for that.

Mr. Nakata

Fair point regarding Sean O'Neill. The defense is pretty solid and if I was to be asked which defender was closest to the noose, I would have to say Harte. Now, over pints, Harte's defensive attributes are discussed after every game and we always ask is his obligatory score worth his position if his man is doing damage. The thing about that is, Tyrone are so good, the half backs always look brilliant. When we're being pegged back and under pressure, I know I'd rather have O'Neill in there. A hardy buck who does a marking job. Now I'm not trying to wind any Errigal Ciaran boys up, that's my own personal opinion on the matter, but this is always a hot topic of discussion when the creamy black pints are flowing.