Armagh management :Paddy O'Rourke!!!

Started by armaghniac, July 21, 2009, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

If McGrath is so good, why did Down reject him as their manager?  ::)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

stew

Quote from: The Pundit on September 19, 2009, 01:29:41 PM
Quote from: Logan on September 18, 2009, 08:28:20 AM
Maybe Aidan O'Rourke is the man?
Yes especially since his retirement from county duty (a fact not mentioned on here.)  He is a young bright hungry manager with already a good track record.  He had done well with queens and is highly regarded by anyone who has worked with him.  Who else is there really? donal murtagh? maybe. The only thing regarding AOR would be the situation with trying to manage his own brothers which could be difficult and the kernans because there might only be one or two there if he was the manager. Anyway lets all get behind the minors tomorrow ans sort this god forsaken mess out next week!
Quote from: The GAA on September 19, 2009, 07:56:39 AM

Have to say i like the o'rourke suggestion. team him up with marsden and maybe someone like Jim McCorry and let them at it. Bright, young and hungry.

Don't know donal murtagh myself but that htere isn't a big push for him from cross is quite telling, is it not?
Jim mc corry? Roman Abramovich wouldnt have the money to pay him. ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D

If there was ever a man hungrier for an aul pound I have yet to meet him. Absolutely no to McCorry.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

thewanderer

How would you have this knowledge Stew as you haven't been living in Ireland for at least 15years. Far away eyesight and slander doesn't always go down well. stick to your chosen sport soccer and baseball  ;)

man in black

Quote from: thewanderer on September 22, 2009, 09:38:31 AM
How would you have this knowledge Stew as you haven't been living in Ireland for at least 15years. Far away eyesight and slander doesn't always go down well. stick to your chosen sport soccer and baseball  ;)

His knowledge seems to be on a par with the Armagh locals. ;)
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

ziggysego

McGrath declares Armagh interest

Pete McGrath has expressed an interest in becoming the next Armagh football manager.

According to the Irish News, the 1991 and '94 Down All-Ireland winning manager is open to the idea of managing the Mourne County's biggest rivals, having been controversially overlooked for the managerial vacancy in his native county earlier this month.

"If I was approached, I would give the offer serious consideration. If Armagh were interested in me, I would certainly think about it," he said.

The former Ireland International Rule boss admitted that he is still hurting from the circumstances surrounding his unsuccessful bid for a return to Down hot seat.

When asked if the pain had started to ease, he replied: "It hasn't really. I think it is one of those things that is going to linger.

"In saying that, I have got to move on. I can't allow my life to be overwhelmed by something that was devastating and very hurtful. It is still very much there and I just wouldn't be on top of the world at the moment.

"But it's up to me to make sure that it doesn't take a grip. No-one should allow that to happen because it would all sorts of inroads into you health and well-being."

How would Armagh fans take to a Down man incharge?  :D
Testing Accessibility

full back

Quote from: ziggysego on September 22, 2009, 12:41:48 PM
McGrath declares Armagh interest

Pete McGrath has expressed an interest in becoming the next Armagh football manager.

According to the Irish News, the 1991 and '94 Down All-Ireland winning manager is open to the idea of managing the Mourne County's biggest rivals, having been controversially overlooked for the managerial vacancy in his native county earlier this month.

"If I was approached, I would give the offer serious consideration. If Armagh were interested in me, I would certainly think about it," he said.

The former Ireland International Rule boss admitted that he is still hurting from the circumstances surrounding his unsuccessful bid for a return to Down hot seat.

When asked if the pain had started to ease, he replied: "It hasn't really. I think it is one of those things that is going to linger.

"In saying that, I have got to move on. I can't allow my life to be overwhelmed by something that was devastating and very hurtful. It is still very much there and I just wouldn't be on top of the world at the moment.

"But it's up to me to make sure that it doesn't take a grip. No-one should allow that to happen because it would all sorts of inroads into you health and well-being."

How would Armagh fans take to a Down man incharge?  :D

Well if he isnt good enough to manage Down he certainly isnt good enough to manage Armagh

PatDaly

Pete McGrath a proven winner as the Armagh manager would be an excellent choice. I hope he is approached and offered the position with Aidan O'Rourke as his number 2.

Bensars

Simple question. Who is good enough to manage this Armagh side ?

With the whole circus that has surrouded the selection process it understandable that those who may be capable have opted to declare a non interest.  With all the "shenanigans" it would appear that the successful candidate will be on a hiding to nothing. I wouldnt be suprised if any new new appointment  didnt see out two years  !

Donagh

McGrath is an egoist with an abysmal record in charge of the Down seniors in the modern era. Sure they had to practically frog march him out the door. Maybe alright for the underage teams he shouldn't be let near a county senior team again. A passionate Down man, he's never shown anything other than contempt for Armagh. I for one would certainly reconsider attending any Armagh game with that man in charge.

Onion Bag

What about your man, whats his name?? Paul Grimley! Has anyone suggested him, he would make a good manager in my humble opinion
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

T O Hare

Quote from: Donagh on September 22, 2009, 01:33:45 PM
McGrath is an egoist with an abysmal record in charge of the Down seniors in the modern era. Sure they had to practically frog march him out the door. Maybe alright for the underage teams he shouldn't be let near a county senior team again. A passionate Down man, he's never shown anything other than contempt for Armagh. I for one would certainly reconsider attending any Armagh game with that man in charge.

an abysmal record,  ::) ::) ::)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Donagh

Quote from: T O Hare on September 22, 2009, 01:47:46 PM

Well sorry, if you count 2 McKenna cups in eight years as worth writing home about, by all means...

naka

Quote from: Donagh on September 22, 2009, 01:52:54 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on September 22, 2009, 01:47:46 PM

Well sorry, if you count 2 McKenna cups in eight years as worth writing home about, by all means...
no mention of Pete for the wee county i
for my own part don`t believe he is the man for Armagh, altho the sound of guys beating down a door to get the gig is deafening 

Doogie Browser

Rumours today that Flavio Briatore was spotted in the Mall last night meeting Armagh officials, but he put out a statement today 'this is one car crash I am not getting involved in'