Armagh management :Paddy O'Rourke!!!

Started by armaghniac, July 21, 2009, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan

rootthemout

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 18, 2009, 03:07:17 PM
Quote from: rootthemout on September 18, 2009, 03:04:19 PM
lads we were jumping about talking about mcgeeney coming back at one stage in this thread,aidan orourke has more managerial experience then mcgeeney,why do we have to have a big name?sometimes the younger manager with fresh ideas and commiment can deliver,look at the fella who took wexford,name escapes me at the minute,jason rayan is it?

Who has Aidan O Rourke managed, Queens? hardly more experience than Mc Geeney
how do you work that one out?

Onion Bag

How do you work out that managing a University team gives you more experience than manaing a Senior intercounty team,

hardly a comparison
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Logan

I think the point was that when McGeeney took on Kildare he had as much experience as AOR has now ... maybe more.

But not now of course

Goats Do Shave

I dread the inevitable nepotism arguments!

Onion Bag

lads we were jumping about talking about mcgeeney coming back at one stage in this thread,aidan orourke has more managerial experience then mcgeeney,why do we have to have a big name?sometimes the younger manager with fresh ideas and commiment can deliver,look at the fella who took wexford,name escapes me at the minute,jason rayan is it?

Root clearly argues that AOR has more managerial experience than Mc Geeny, i was only wondering how he came to  that conclusion

rootthemout

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 18, 2009, 03:23:10 PM

Root clearly argues that AOR has more managerial experience than Mc Geeny, i was only wondering how he came to  that conclusion
onion what im saying is people are talking about orourke having no experience,this was the same scenario mcgeeney was with kildare,orourke has every bit as much experience as mcgeeney and i dont think we can dismiss him for not having taken a county team.

Onion Bag

Fair enough, i thought you meant he has more experience than Mc Geeney at the min, In My opinion, AOR is not the man for the job, he was not a good leader on the pitch like geezer was, he has little or no charisma, Mc Geeney is extremely charismatic,

Any younger players will look up to Geezer, so i think thats why Geezer could get into a postion like hes in,

had AOR gone for the same job, he wouldnt have had a snowballs chance

Cúig huaire

Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Cúig huaire

mountainboii

cha⋅ris⋅ma [kuh-riz-muh]
–noun, plural -ma⋅ta

1. A personal quality that gives an individual influence or authority over large numbers of people.
2. The special virtue of an office, function, position, etc., that confers or is thought to confer on the person holding it an unusual ability for leadership, worthiness of veneration, or the like.

What exactly is funny Cúig huaire? You don't have to swan about like Sean Connery to be charismatic. Have you confused charisma with charm?

Cúig huaire

Quote from: AFS on September 18, 2009, 06:10:37 PM
What exactly is funny Cúig huaire? You don't have to swan about like Sean Connery to be charismatic. Have you confused charisma with charm?

No, but Onion Bag seems to be very confused. He seems to think McGeeney has charisma? Maybe he drives a Mitsubish Charisma, but thats about as close as he`ll ever get.

mountainboii

And again, charisma is generally defined as an exceptional ability to lead, something McGeeney has a pretty decent track record of. You know with captaining his club, county, province and country and all that.

Are you sure you understand the definition of the word charisma?

Onion Bag

Quote from: AFS on September 18, 2009, 06:24:41 PM
And again, charisma is generally defined as an exceptional ability to lead, something McGeeney has a pretty decent track record of. You know with captaining his club, county, province and country and all that.

Are you sure you understand the definition of the word charisma?

Cheers for the support AFS, you know where im coming from ;)

BroJolly

If AOR got the job would that not be a similar position to Joe Kernan getting it with his sons playing?

Could be good craic when Aiden takes Martin off