Quarter Finals Draw - GAABoard beats the media - all now fixed

Started by Barney, July 21, 2009, 08:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Tankie

Spillane has said Dublin v Kerry next Saturday....
Grand Slam Saturday!

SLIGONIAN

great draw, 4 cracking games IMO,
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

slievegullion

Tyrone and Kildare will be very interesting. Personally think Kildare have a very good chance.

Son_of_Sam

Mayo V Meath or Limerick, interesting draw, we should be good enough to beat either, would like to get to play Meath but either way we have to be happy with that.

CoDeo2

Tyrone v Kildare double header with Cork v Donegal next Sunday then?

carol6

Four great games methinks and the teams coming off the back of good competitive wins this weekend will have momentum to help them. Just a thought on the Tyrone v Kildare game, who will have to change their traditional white colours?

Owenmoresider

Quote from: carol6 on July 26, 2009, 07:00:29 PM
Four great games methinks and the teams coming off the back of good competitive wins this weekend will have momentum to help them. Just a thought on the Tyrone v Kildare game, who will have to change their traditional white colours?
TYrone usually have changed, don't recall seeing Kildare in anything other than white for championship. But who knows?

Good games alright, Mayo should beat Meath (or Limerick), Tyrone will see off Kildare after a battle, Cork may get through but I wouldn't bet on it, and Dublin-Kerry, well it's squeaky bum time for the two, no room for error now. Dubs only just.

sam03/05

i thought they had set a game aside for the bank holiday monday

although a double header would make perfect sense

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 26, 2009, 07:03:51 PM
Quote from: carol6 on July 26, 2009, 07:00:29 PM
TYrone usually have changed, don't recall seeing Kildare in anything other than white for championship. But who knows?

Good games alright, Mayo should beat Meath (or Limerick), Tyrone will see off Kildare after a battle, Cork may get through but I wouldn't bet on it, and Dublin-Kerry, well it's squeaky bum time for the two, no room for error now. Dubs only just.

Both will probably change as in the league game last year, Tyrone to all red, Kildare to dark green.

Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

aodhruadh

Am I right in saying the winners of Tyrone/Kildare will play the winners of Donegal/Cork in the semi?

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: aodhruadh on July 26, 2009, 07:16:41 PM
Am I right in saying the winners of Tyrone/Kildare will play the winners of Donegal/Cork in the semi?

Yep.

sam03/05

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 26, 2009, 07:19:38 PM
Now we will see whether Tyrone have a fourth gear.

i think Tyrone have shown that they a fourth gear and a pretty impressive fifth one if needed as well
the current tyrone team have very little to prove to anyone - having won 3 all irelands

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 26, 2009, 07:19:38 PM
Now we will see whether Tyrone have a fourth gear.

Why do you say that? Is it because its the q - final, or specifically against a McGeeney managed Kildare. At this stage of the competition, a 4th, 5th
and even 6th gear will be needed, no matter who the opposition is.

nedman

Quote from: Maigheo Abu on July 25, 2009, 09:07:21 PM
Can't see the Dubs drawing Kerry. The powers that be want both sides to go a distance further.

:D :D :D :D :D