Quarter Finals Draw - GAABoard beats the media - all now fixed

Started by Barney, July 21, 2009, 08:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Kennedy

rite with the quarter finals sorted?
what way do the semis work as potential pairings and what could be a potential All Ireland Final 2009?

longrunsthefox

Wonder what price you'd get for four provincial winners to go through for a Tyrone V Cork semi and Dublin V Mayo. That's how I see it anyway

Barney

Being the GAA don't be suprised if Kildare and Tyrone don't bother changing jerseies!!

Seriously though, some good games. Don't know if the arrangements will be as straightforward as people envisage.

Kerry minors are due to play on the Bank Holiday Monday in Portlaoise. Maybe they will put the game on Saturday week, with Mayo v Meath/Limerick on the Sunday before the hurling semi-final. That way they can charge semi-final prices for one of the quarters - they have done it the last two years to accomodate the Dubs with a day on their own.

Don't rule out Mayo v Meath/Limerick being out of Dublin either.

criostlinn

Quote from: Karl Kennedy on July 26, 2009, 08:50:25 PM
rite with the quarter finals sorted?
what way do the semis work as potential pairings and what could be a potential All Ireland Final 2009?

(Mayo V Meath/Limerick)  V  (Dublin V Kerry)     30/8/09

(Tyrone V Kildare)  V (Cork V Donegal)               23/8/09

Archie Mitchell

For the 2007 Ulster Final, both teams were to wear their change strip but Monaghan chose to wear their traditional White/Blue jersey and got fined for it. I think in the 2005 qualifers, both Tyrone and Monaghan had to wear their change strips and was the same for Mayo v Fermanagh in the 2004 AI Semi-Final.

clarshack

i think it is in the official guide that both teams have to change if their is a clash of colours.

INDIANA

Quote from: Barney on July 26, 2009, 08:55:32 PM
Being the GAA don't be suprised if Kildare and Tyrone don't bother changing jerseies!!

Seriously though, some good games. Don't know if the arrangements will be as straightforward as people envisage.

Kerry minors are due to play on the Bank Holiday Monday in Portlaoise. Maybe they will put the game on Saturday week, with Mayo v Meath/Limerick on the Sunday before the hurling semi-final. That way they can charge semi-final prices for one of the quarters - they have done it the last two years to accomodate the Dubs with a day on their own.

Dublin will not agree to the extra week. Thats from the horse's mouth. They are going to insist on it next week. Neutral or otherwise. They don't want 4 weeks between games like last years disaster.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: INDIANA on July 26, 2009, 09:51:15 PM

Dublin will not agree to the extra week. Thats from the horse's mouth. They are going to insist on it next week. Neutral or otherwise. They don't want 4 weeks between games like last years disaster.

Was wondering how long it would take before someone would mention this. Did they not take the same stance last year and ended up playing a week later and ruined their preparation.

orangeman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 26, 2009, 08:51:54 PM
Wonder what price you'd get for four provincial winners to go through for a Tyrone V Cork semi and Dublin V Mayo. That's how I see it anyway

All four will be favourites but there'll be ome shock at least IMHO.

INDIANA

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 26, 2009, 09:53:32 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 26, 2009, 09:51:15 PM

The extra week was foisted on them by the Gaa to maximise revenue. it won't be happening this year. I don't care if its in parnell park and I have to stay at home once its on next week.

Was wondering how long it would take before someone would mention this. Did they not take the same stance last year and ended up playing a week later and ruined their preparation.

TacadoirArdMhacha

There's no real logical reason for Dublin v Kerry not to be played this week. Would expect it to be on Saturday. Woul Mayo fans prefer their q/final to be a double header with the hurling or on its own outside Croke Park. Hard to see them opening Croke Park on its own for that one if Limerick qualify. Was there something earlier in the year about a guarantee that all the q/finals would be in Croke Park?

QuoteThe extra week was foisted on them by the Gaa to maximise revenue. it won't be happening this year. I don't care if its in parnell park and I have to stay at home once its on next week.

Dublin wanting a standalone game in Croke Park was also an issue. They couldn't have it every way.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Farrandeelin

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 26, 2009, 11:32:38 PM
There's no real logical reason for Dublin v Kerry not to be played this week. Would expect it to be on Saturday. Woul Mayo fans prefer their q/final to be a double header with the hurling or on its own outside Croke Park. Hard to see them opening Croke Park on its own for that one if Limerick qualify. Was there something earlier in the year about a guarantee that all the q/finals would be in Croke Park?

QuoteThe extra week was foisted on them by the Gaa to maximise revenue. it won't be happening this year. I don't care if its in parnell park and I have to stay at home once its on next week.

Dublin wanting a standalone game in Croke Park was also an issue. They couldn't have it every way.

In 2006, Mayo played Laois in a replay which was a double-header with Kilkenny and Clare in hurling semi-finals. It wouldn't be that big a deal I'd say.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Archie Mitchell

Last year Cork and Kildare also played in the football AIQF before the Cork v Killkenny AISF in the hurling.

Only thing being that you will be paying semi-final rates rather than rates for quarter finals.

Im assuming ticket prices for quarter finals will be the same regardless if its a stand alone fixture or a double header.

Son_of_Sam

Paddy Powers

All-Ireland SFC Outright 2009
Saturday 1st August 2009, 15:00
Outright Betting    Hide

Tyrone    13/8
Cork    4/1
Dublin    4/1
Kerry    9/2
Mayo    9/1
Kildare    28/1
Donegal    33/1
Meath    33/1
Limerick    150/1

Each Way Odds 1/3 places 1,2

Ladbrooks
14:00

Tyrone 2.62
Cork 4.00
Kerry 5.00
Dublin 5.50
Mayo 8.50
Donegal 34.00
Kildare 34.00
Meath 34.00
Limerick 151.00
Each-way bets 1/3 odds first 2 

Boyle Sports

Selection Price
Tyrone  13/8 
Cork  4/1 
Dublin  4/1 
Kerry  9/2 
Mayo  8/1 
Kildare  20/1 
Donegal  33/1 
Meath  33/1 
Limerick  150/1 

Hound

Another handy draw for the Dubs!
The culchie conspiracy theorists who were all very loud earlier in this thread have dried up pretty sharpish  ;D

I'd expect Cork to account for Donegal pretty handily. Be very interesting to see if the Lillies can give Tyrone a game. Mayo v Meath would be super craic after past history, while Limerick now can see a great chance to make an All Ireland semi-final. Though I think Mayo will prevail in the end to play the winners of Dublin/Kerry.