Quarter Finals Draw - GAABoard beats the media - all now fixed

Started by Barney, July 21, 2009, 08:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maigheo Abu

Can't see the Dubs drawing Kerry. The powers that be want both sides to go a distance further.
Where the ocean kisses Ireland and the waves caress it's shores

magickingdom

Quote from: Maigheo Abu on July 25, 2009, 09:07:21 PM
Can't see the Dubs drawing Kerry. The powers that be want both sides to go a distance further.

?? could you give any particular reason why the powers that be want kerry to go further

ildanach

i think it could be:

sat 1st double header mayo v kildare & cork v donegal
sun 2nd tyrone v kerry
sun 8th dublin v llimerick / meath
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: tyssam5 on July 25, 2009, 08:06:46 PM
As has been mentioned why the hell was the 1/4 draw not done last weekend. It could even hav put some number on the gates of certain games as people might want to see the team they are playing next. Monkeys couldn't f**k the scheduling up better.

it would have restricted the draw unnecessarily. Donegal can now be drawn against Mayo whereas Donegal / Galway last weekend couldn't have been in the same way as Antrim / Kerry couldn't have been drawn against Tyrone but Kerry could be should they beat the Saffrons.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Cllr Willie Power

Cooney said there's no reason all four quarter-finals can't take place at Croke Park over the Bank Holiday weekend.

"We're happy that once the stage is taken down next Wednesday we'll have a pitch in place ready to play next Saturday that's in top condition," continued Cooney.

"We're very comfortable with that. There's been a lot of time and effort gone into logistics and making sure the sod we're getting is A1 and the pitch will play to form.

"If we wanted to play next Saturday, Sunday and Monday (at Croke Park) we'd do that.

Oh no reason at all Christy, apart from the fact that Meath v Limerick still have to play before one of the Quarter Finals can be played. What a chimp...  ::) Seriously, whoever is drawing up the fixtures this year should be shot. A total joke that none of the teams until Monday who or when they are playing - never mind the supporters who want to make plans for a Bank Holiday weekend.

Tankie

I'd say Dublin will play on August 8th
Grand Slam Saturday!

sam03/05

Tyrone play Donegal at Clones next sunday
draw already made   ;)

Tyrone Dreamer

I hope whatever happens Tyrone get to play in Croke Park. Thats were you want to be playing at this stage. I'll take a guess at this:
Tyrone v Kerry (if they win!)
Cork v Kildare
Dublin v Donegal
Mayo v Meath/Limerick.

Tankie

is the draw on the Sunday game tonight?
Grand Slam Saturday!

omagh_gael

Quote from: Tankie on July 26, 2009, 04:27:04 PM
is the draw on the Sunday game tonight?

I was under the impression that it was on sometime after the Galway v Waterford as the coverage isn't over until 7pm

magickingdom

slievegullion

IF, and its a big if, they have any control over the draw then I'd say it will be Dublin v Meath/Limerick with the hope that Meath come through. The rest will fit itself round this.

That would suit them best as it would lessen complaints of Dublin getting a home fixture and either Kerry or Donegal having to travel a great distance to play. It would also slot in nicely for August 8th becuase of Meaths delay.

omagh_gael

I'm going for:

Mayo v Kildare
Tyrone v Kerry
Dublin v Donegal
Cork v Meath/Limerick

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 26, 2009, 05:50:00 PM
I'm going for:

Mayo v Kildare
Tyrone v Kerry
Dublin v Donegal