Wicklow v Down. Aughrim 3pm Saturday. Live on RTE

Started by Trevor Hill, July 12, 2009, 06:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: heffo on July 18, 2009, 06:01:33 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 18, 2009, 05:14:34 PM
TV3 at it now. "What a result for Mick O'Dwyer" is Cooper's comment on Wicklow's win. The media would give you a f'n headache sometimes.

How many championship games did they win under Hugh Kenny/John O'Leary/Dave Foran et al??

How many points did O'Dwyer score today?

fred the red

Quote from: wobbller on July 18, 2009, 06:11:52 PM
Quote from: dodgy umpire on July 18, 2009, 05:50:06 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on July 18, 2009, 05:42:31 PM
Any suggestions where Down go from here?

Thats 15 barren years we have endured now.

fresh approach needed. no matter what anyone says the talent is there. look at the effect liam bradley has had on antrim

Dodgy,
     what or who would you suggest could get us out of this mess?

I would suggest joe kernan

Caid

Quote from: Caid on July 18, 2009, 06:59:22 AM
I haven't read those articles but I feel you are talking BS. Wicklow are a good team with quality forwards, a strong midfield, and a class goalkeeper. Micko has done a fine job but he can't kick the points for them or make the tackles if they havent the ability. Typical Down chat. I'm starting to think Down fans are as bad as Tyrone

How many defeats to "weaker" teams will it take before Down fans realise that they are no longer in the top 10, nay 15, teams in the Country. Maybe we'll see after tomorrow. But I doubt youse will admit it regardless. It'll be Aidan Carr did this, or Ross Carr should have played him, or if only Benny was fit, or where was Fitzpatrick, or the Aughrim pitch was shocking. But godforbid that the team with five Sams might not the same talent, drive and determination as lowly Wicklow. Sure that couldn't be right - could it?

[/quote author=Caid link=topic=12966.msg596052#msg596052 date=1247896762]
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

heffo

Quote from: Hardy on July 18, 2009, 06:12:42 PM
TV3 at it now. "What a result for Mick O'Dwyer" is Cooper's comment on Wicklow's win. The media would give you a f'n headache sometimes.

How many championship games did they win under Hugh Kenny/John O'Leary/Dave Foran et al??

O'Dwyers influence was a sideshow so?

Caid

Quote from: Caid on July 14, 2009, 03:48:34 PM

Out of 16 contests in the Championship and Tommy Murphy Cup over the last three years they have won nine, drew three (twice with Louth in 08) and lost four times (once after extra time).

10 wins and 4 draws now for Wicklow in 17 games in the last three years Champ/Tommy Murph.  Not many teams with a comparable record and certainly not Down
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

Highlander3

Gutted that we lost today, do think that we have to change the management as i do believe that we have some good players but still badly need to solve our problems in the centre of defence, until we do this we will go no were.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Caid on July 18, 2009, 06:14:33 PM
I haven't read those articles but I feel you are talking BS. Wicklow are a good team with quality forwards, a strong midfield, and a class goalkeeper. Micko has done a fine job but he can't kick the points for them or make the tackles if they havent the ability. Typical Down chat. I'm starting to think Down fans are as bad as Tyrone

How many defeats to "weaker" teams will it take before Down fans realise that they are no longer in the top 10, nay 15, teams in the Country. Maybe we'll see after tomorrow. But I doubt youse will admit it regardless. It'll be Aidan Carr did this, or Ross Carr should have played him, or if only Benny was fit, or where was Fitzpatrick, or the Aughrim pitch was shocking. But godforbid that the team with five Sams might not the same talent, drive and determination as lowly Wicklow. Sure that couldn't be right - could it?

Nail on the head there caid, I actually think it's one of their main problems, they dont recognise how limited they now are.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Sandy Hill

Quote from: wobbller on July 18, 2009, 06:11:52 PM
Quote from: dodgy umpire on July 18, 2009, 05:50:06 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on July 18, 2009, 05:42:31 PM
Any suggestions where Down go from here?

Thats 15 barren years we have endured now.

fresh approach needed. no matter what anyone says the talent is there. look at the effect liam bradley has had on antrim

Dodgy,
     what or who would you suggest could get us out of this mess?

Peter McDonnell ........ please!!!!!!!!!!
"Stercus accidit"

fred the red

Has Paul McGrath wicklow connections? seen him at the game today.

Hardy

Quote from: heffo on July 18, 2009, 06:18:00 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 18, 2009, 06:12:42 PM

O'Dwyers influence was a sideshow so?

How did you draw that inference from my post?

If Sligo win today, will TV3 report it as " a great result for Kevin Walsh"?

INDIANA

No but its dis-ingenous to imply Kevin Walsh hasn't had a huge impact on Sligo football. Good managers generally make good teams  out of little raw talent. I don't like Micko but he's done some job in Wicklow.

JMohan

Quote from: INDIANA on July 18, 2009, 06:39:52 PM
No but its dis-ingenous to imply Kevin Walsh hasn't had a huge impact on Sligo football. Good managers generally make good teams  out of little raw talent. I don't like Micko but he's done some job in Wicklow.
That's fair enough

Hardy

Quote from: INDIANA on July 18, 2009, 06:39:52 PM

I don't know what that means, but I didn't imply anything of the sort. My point (overdone at this stage)was about the media's lionising of O'Dwyer. Like Roykeanesunderland, you hear them talking about Mickodwyerswicklow. How often do you hear about Kevinwalshesligo or Jasonryanswexford?

Mike Sheehy

and how often did we hear about the miraculous Sean Boylan when Meath were winning ?

Hardy