Wicklow v Down. Aughrim 3pm Saturday. Live on RTE

Started by Trevor Hill, July 12, 2009, 06:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazer

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Trevor Hill

A Chara,
Aughrim, Co.Wicklow hosts the Third Round of the Football Qualifiers on Saturday 18th July as Wicklow take on Down.
To gain entry please bring your Season Ticket to the Season Stile – Located at the Stand Turnstiles. Look out for the Season Ticket signs.
There is unreserved seating in the stand for this fixture so it's first come, first served.
Best of luck to you and your county this weekend.
Le Meas,
GAA Ticket Office.

5 Sams

Absolutely EVERYONE tipping Wicklow for this one...Brolly on the wireless, the pundit and the expert on The Road to Croker, the Gaelic Life, all other newspapers I have read....all because of the Micko factor....
If Wicklow do it it will be Micko's first ever victory against the red and black in any capacity...alright he never met them in the championship as a manager....but is it being over hyped????....fuel for Ross I think....chifimid.
The Aristocrat Years

Cúig huaire

Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Trevor Hill

Looking like rain for tomorrows game. I hear the "stand" may not be the driest place in the ground.

BaileChoinnleoraPlayer

theres not a back in the country that can contain coulter and mccomiskey nevermind in wicklow

Class of 99

Supposed story from the wicklow people get there early and stand your ground. Obviously a wind up I hope, but told to me by a Wicklow man. Surely they don't think we r made of sugar, and by the way is this not a game of football that is being played. If true quite sad!!!

Class of 99

P.S  to the obviously deluded quick mick r whatever he calls himself over on the hogan, let it go use r out don't b bitter what do u expect? Talk me through the history of Laois fb !!!!!!!!!

Caid

Quote from: BaileChoinnleoraPlayer on July 18, 2009, 01:13:24 AM
theres not a back in the country that can contain coulter and mccomiskey nevermind in wicklow

That's why Down are in the Ulster Final on Sunday and Benny Coulter has been top scorer in the Championship for the past five years? Go back to Hoganstand and catch yerself on  ::)
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

Caid

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 17, 2009, 08:45:35 PM
all because of the Micko factor....

I haven't read those articles but I feel you are talking BS. Wicklow are a good team with quality forwards, a strong midfield, and a class goalkeeper. Micko has done a fine job but he can't kick the points for them or make the tackles if they havent the ability. Typical Down chat. I'm starting to think Down fans are as bad as Tyrone

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 17, 2009, 08:45:35 PM
If Wicklow do it it will be Micko's first ever victory against the red and black in any capacity...alright he never met them in the championship as a manager.

Down had never lost to Fermanagh in the USFC, Wicklow had never beaten Fermanagh bla bla - unless statistics are based on meaningful data then they are just meaningless statistics. If Down and Micko's teams have hardly played in the Champ then it can hardly be a voodoo Down holds over him or something he will use as motivation. He's hardly going to stand up in the dressing room and say "jaysus lads I've love it if we beat them Down one's, love it"

How many defeats to "weaker" teams will it take before Down fans realise that they are no longer in the top 10, nay 15, teams in the Country. Maybe we'll see after tomorrow. But I doubt youse will admit it regardless. It'll be Aidan Carr did this, or Ross Carr should have played him, or if only Benny was fit, or where was Fitzpatrick, or the Aughrim pitch was shocking. But godforbid that the team with five Sams might not the same talent, drive and determination as lowly Wicklow. Sure that couldn't be right - could it?
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

goldenyears

Caid relax, we aren't all walking around with red + black tinted glasses!

Wicklow will no doubt be a decent proposition but ross is right

You are a 4th division team, we will be plying our trade in div 2, on that basis we should be looking to win this game on talent alone

Yes wicklow have beaten 2 ulster teams already and I think there will only be a kick of the ball in this game but am def looking + expecting down to come through

Micko is a media factor only

The game will depend on down,s defence producing a similar display to that v laois

And the forward line managing to cope with a blanket style defence

If there is some variety in their play then I think all down supporters fully expect down to win.

That isn't arrogance just a fair level of expectancy v div4 side who have never ever been this far before

Cúig huaire

Quote from: Caid on July 18, 2009, 06:59:22 AM
Down had never lost to Fermanagh in the USFC,

Down lost to Fermanagh in the first round of the Ulster championship in 1982.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

slievegullion

Has anyone got any links where I can watch this online? I cant get it on the RTE website.

SLIGONIAN

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?