Wicklow v Down. Aughrim 3pm Saturday. Live on RTE

Started by Trevor Hill, July 12, 2009, 06:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

Not really, the quickest way is M1, M50, M11/N11. There is no toll bridge on the M50 anymore and you will not have to pay if you are in a northern car, the toll on the M1 is as it was. Think its €1.90

nrico2006

I understand the parent influence but I would say it was more a case of Down being successful while ONL was growing up so it wasn't a difficult choice to start following them then, he wasn't to know what was to happen over the years from 99 on
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

5 Sams

You pay cash on the M1 Lecale and pay online for the M50 although that must be done by 8pm the following evening...I think. You can also buy vouchers in some shops in Dundalk. Just a matter of handing over the dough and your Registration details and sin é. Details here http://www.payzone.ie/outlets/

The other way is to do what most Nordies are doing and don't pay at all and hope they dont chase you for the 6 yo yos.

As for a road to Aughrim avoiding Dublin...I'd say that would mean a 3 day camel journey through Kildare or West Co Dublin :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Trevor Hill

western exile

16/07/2009 - 15:29:22
Wicklow have named an unchanged side for their All-Ireland SFC qualifier with Down at Aughrim on Saturday.

WICKLOW (SFC v Down): M. Travers; C. Hyland, D. O'hAnnaidh, S. Kelly; P. McWalter, B. McGrath, D. Hayden; J. Stafford, T. Murphy; L. Glynn, T. Hannon, J. P. Dalton; D. Odlum, S. Furlong, P. Earls.

Dinny Breen

Poor old Ciaran Hyland won 124K on the National Lottery's television game show a couple of weeks ago and he had holidays booked to Oz but Wicklow keep on winning so he can't spend the money  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

Cúig huaire

Ross Carr has named the same 15 that started against Laois for this Saturdays clash against Wicklow.

The following is the Down team to take on Wicklow on Saturday:

Brendan McVeigh
Ciaran McGovern
Kevin McKernan
Damian Rafferty
Timmy Hanna
Paul Murphy
Conor Garvey
Dan Gordon
Stephen Kearney     
Ambrose Rogers
Conor Maginn
Brendan McArdle
Brendan Coulter
Paul McCumiskey
Daniel Hughes
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

swagger

good to see that paul murphy has recovered from injury, also good to see timmy hanna retaining his place after his performance against laois
riiiiiiiiiite

swagger

and another thing, wont be able to make it down to the game but the advantage of watching it on tv is that you can turn it over!!! :P
riiiiiiiiiite

Trevor Hill

I thought Aidan Carr may have started, wouldn't mind seeing him in the half forward line.

Mourne Rover

A winning team was never likely to be changed, but Carr will be involved at some stage. The problem is deciding his best position.
There was a good case for switching him back to the half forward line until he had a disaster in Enniskillen. By all accounts, he had a stormer against Laois when he come on at centre half. In response to Supersub, I hope to catch the game in a bar somewhere around Cannes.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 16, 2009, 11:49:24 PM
I thought Aidan Carr may have started, wouldn't mind seeing him in the half forward line.

Yeah def think he should be in place off Maginn. Maginn was poor against Laois.

Pangurban

Would prefer Fitzpatrick partnering Dan at MF

Lazer

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)