Monaghan v Derry

Started by Maguire01, July 05, 2009, 06:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingLarsson

Quote from: seamusthebard on July 05, 2009, 09:55:42 PM

Who would you rather have on your team? Raymond Wilkinson or anyone of the following...... Eoin Brown, Enda Lynn, Brian Mullan, james Kielt, Gavin Mcshane, Seamus Bradley.

Id rather have stevie wonder than wilkinson

Atticus_Finch

With all the chat about the half forward line recently, who would your first choice half forward line be for Derry ?

Mine's would be -

RHF - James Kielt  (assuming he's fit)        CHF - Enda (assuming he's fit)     LHF - Declan Mullan, Coleraine

I'm aware that out of the above Declan Mullan is a bit of a wild card, but i watched coleraine vs slaughtneil game and i think this kid has what it takes,  he has absolute bags of speed, great work rate, strong and has absolutely no fear.  I know he's been highly rated since he's been a minor but he was off the scene for a while due to a bad injury.

We all know half the problem with our half forward line is that club form is not being replicated on the county stage but I for one think this cub is worth a shout.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Oakleafer1993

has Kevin Mcguckian won his appeal against the 4 week ban?

JMohan

My Half Forward line would be         Enda     BMcG     Lynch

- I know Lynch is just doing ok - but his runs would keep Freeman busy and stop him attacking and he's stronger than the others and can carry which you'll need against the sweeper
- BMcG is strong and will win ball and hold it up on the 40 and will keep Hughes busy - if you don't put someone good you'll have him attacking all day. You can't put Enda on the 40 as he'll not be able to chase the Monaghan attacking CHB.
- Put McCloy back in FB on Ronaghan again - perfect job for him
- No place for McKaigue shocking as the spare man the last day
- Frees up Lochart to go on Woods
- Gerard O'Kane CHB (on Finlay - give him something to think about) if they drop a sweeper put Cartin in CHB instead.

- Finlay is the key & to use an attacking CHF line to keep the Monaghan HB's busy defending as they are not good.
- Put the two Bradleys on the FF line and leave them there all day - until 9pm

Now if they drop a sweeper back - they will - tell that HF line to carry in to the 40 and shoot for points or run at them and win frees
And make O'Kane the spare man and tell him to follow the sweeper - at least to the opposite 40 and set up play.

INDIANA

Can't believe this is being inflicted on the Gaa again. Any chance it will be played "in camera"?

Maguire01

Quote from: INDIANA on July 05, 2009, 11:05:55 PM
Can't believe this is being inflicted on the Gaa again. Any chance it will be played "in camera"?
Any chance you could just not watch it? Is someone holding a gun to your head? Or are you one of those who just love to have something to complain about?

INDIANA

I won't be watching it. And I think its a shame your county simply makes no attempt to play football despite all the good players it has.

thebandit

Quote from: INDIANA on July 05, 2009, 11:39:26 PM
I won't be watching it. And I think its a shame your county simply makes no attempt to play football despite all the good players it has.

I thought it was a pity that your team showed no guts at vital stages in the championship in the last few years despite all the good players it has.

Main Street

Whats cheaper than a Dub with a barrel load of forthright opinions?

Indiana, did you not see about 15 times Monaghan were breaking out with the ball  from defense to go on a free flowing attack and they were fouled/ dragged to the ground, no attempt made to tackle.
The other teams just won't let us play football  ::)

Zapatista

Quote from: INDIANA on July 05, 2009, 11:39:26 PM

Quote from: INDIANA on July 05, 2009, 11:05:55 PM

Abble

whats the word on muldoon ? have him in my gaelic life team, keepin the fingers crossed

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 05, 2009, 06:15:47 PM
Let the battle commence!
isnt it meant to be a game of football ?

Kentucky Blue

Was it just me or how amateur did the draw look on TV last night? putting two balls into the middle bowl to declare home advantage. The boy staring down at them and giving them one swirl around then out they come! Maybe no coincidence that all of the qualifier winners from the weekend got home advantage bar westmeath wasn't it?

tonesfirstandlast

Guy at work there has just got a text from a very reliable source saying that Paddy Bradley has left the Derry panel.

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 06, 2009, 09:50:47 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 05, 2009, 06:15:47 PM
Let the battle commence!
isnt it meant to be a game of football ?
It is. You've never heard of the term battle used in a sporting context?

A quick google of GAA & battle throws up these...
RTÉ Sport: GAA - Monaghan and Derry to battle again
Fermanagh fight injury battle - GAA, Sport - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk
GAA CLASSIC : Royal Battle: Meath Dublin 1991 - DVD Sales
Western People: GAA: Mayo best in 'Battle of The Bronx'
Sports - gaa - Laois battle past Antrim