Brolly is a Tool - Huge banner at Monaghan v Armagh match

Started by Roashter, July 04, 2009, 07:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 05, 2009, 12:53:27 PM
[Quite a post.   ::)
You don't know much about me but yet you feel the need to rant. 

And you dont rant? Everything from Michael Jackson to moon landings you seem to have an opinion on, yet this is a discussion forum for all things GAA, yet you seem to be out of touch.
In the 175 days that you have spent on the board, accumulating 8700 posts, how many games have you actually attended?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 05, 2009, 03:54:47 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 05, 2009, 12:53:27 PM
[Quite a post.   ::)
You don't know much about me but yet you feel the need to rant. 

And you dont rant? Everything from Michael Jackson to moon landings you seem to have an opinion on, yet this is a discussion forum for all things GAA, yet you seem to be out of touch.
In the 175 days that you have spent on the board, accumulating 8700 posts, how many games have you actually attended?

I don't think I've been at a game since a club game last year, before about 2 years ago I would have only missed a handful of club and county games over the years.  What business is it of yours?

And I don't make personal rants towards people, no.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

seafoid

Jesus - Armagh are out before the parade season has even started.

pintsofguinness

The site, has nothing to do with the banner, there is no comparison apart from the fact idiots are responsible for both.

carnaross

Does not the bould Brolly not bring abuse unto himself with his various rantings through the media. Wasn't he interviewed on RTE news the other day after representing the Derry players at the Appeals panel. The interviewer thanked "Joe Brolly - well-known QC from the north", whereupon brolly interjected saying he had no allegiance to the Queen. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't someone have to give allegiance to the Queen if they were called to the Bar?
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: carnaross on July 05, 2009, 04:50:01 PM
Does not the bould Brolly not bring abuse unto himself with his various rantings through the media. Wasn't he interviewed on RTE news the other day after representing the Derry players at the Appeals panel. The interviewer thanked "Joe Brolly - well-known QC from the north", whereupon brolly interjected saying he had no allegiance to the Queen. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't someone have to give allegiance to the Queen if they were called to the Bar?
dont' think so, no.

Fionn, I dont know what you're getting at, what makes you think that site and the banner would have any connection?

Even if they did there's no comparison, gaa stewards can't remove the site. 

donelli

some lads on here need to get a grip.

i thought the banner was a bit if a laugh and was well recieved inside the ground.

Trevor Hill

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 05, 2009, 03:59:30 PM
I don't think I've been at a game since a club game last year, before about 2 years ago I would have only missed a handful of club and county games over the years.  What business is it of yours?

So you dont go to games, but you see fit to add your comments here, when in truth you havent a clue what you are talking about. Maybe you should switch you computer off once in a while and actually go to a game. You are not much of a "supporter" if you dont go to the games to support your team.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 05, 2009, 06:10:01 PM

So you dont go to games, but you see fit to add your comments here, when in truth you havent a clue what you are talking about. Maybe you should switch you computer off once in a while and actually go to a game. You are not much of a "supporter" if you dont go to the games to support your team.

you know nothing about me or my personal circumstances, there's dozens on this board who haven't attended games in years.  Why are you rambling on at me?

Roashter

Monaghan v Derry in Clones !!!!

Am looking forward to what new banner the Monaghan lads will have the next day for the Joe show

Maguire01

Quote from: SouthDerryGael on July 05, 2009, 06:21:31 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 05, 2009, 06:10:01 PM

Here you don't know Jack shit about PIG's circumstances, for all you know he might not be abble to attend matches for Medical reasons or perhaps monetary reasons. Don't be so presumptuous.
It's a personal abuse thread and you defend pints by calling him PIG.  :D

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: carnaross on July 05, 2009, 04:50:01 PM

No.

Brolly isn't a QC either.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Archie Mitchell

I wonder will the Monaghan fans have another banner for Brolly on Saturday or just use the same one.

jodyb

ONeill

Quote from: jodyb on July 05, 2009, 08:49:01 PM
Brolly loves all the notoriety

In two minds about the banner. Twas funny and a harmless remark (Armagh and Tyrone have been at this in the AI finals of 2002, 2003 and 2005) but you wouldn't want arseholes now thinking they're funny and making crude banners.

Brolly does love the notoriety. Reminds me of a story of when Brolly wrote an article in the GL concerning Tyrone and said something along the lines of Mulligan becoming a father recently. When he was told that this wasn't the case, and the article had already gone to press, he phoned Mugsy to apologise for his honest mistake. Musgy shrugged it off saying, "ach sure, it just adds to the legend!"
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.