Brolly is a Tool - Huge banner at Monaghan v Armagh match

Started by Roashter, July 04, 2009, 07:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

pog, being the great Armagh man that you are, why didnt you remove the banner?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 05, 2009, 12:28:45 PM
pog, being the great Armagh man that you are, why didnt you remove the banner?
By the time I would have got there I think the banner would have been well gone.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Trevor Hill

So your involvement in gaelic games doesnt go beyond this board?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 05, 2009, 12:34:48 PM
So your involvement in gaelic games doesnt go beyond this board?
What "involvement" do you think I should have?

Main Street

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 05, 2009, 12:17:06 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on July 05, 2009, 07:34:12 AM
::) Some of yous need to wise up and relax ffs. Nothing malicious. Nothing inflammatory. Everyone in the ground had a chuckle at it, which I'm sure Brolly himself did.

So the unveiling of a banner a game to abuse a member of the GAA is funny?  Is it funny because Brolly hardly gives a shite, he's not that sort, or would it still be funny if it was about someone else? 

The banner read "is a tool".
No name was mentioned and anyway calling someone a "tool" is not abuse.

I´m pretty sure umbrella man would not in the least feel abused, rather he would have a chuckle.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Main Street on July 05, 2009, 12:41:52 PM
::) Some of yous need to wise up and relax ffs. Nothing malicious. Nothing inflammatory. Everyone in the ground had a chuckle at it, which I'm sure Brolly himself did.

So the unveiling of a banner a game to abuse a member of the GAA is funny?  Is it funny because Brolly hardly gives a shite, he's not that sort, or would it still be funny if it was about someone else? 

The banner read "is a tool".
No name was mentioned and anyway calling someone a "tool" is not abuse.

I´m pretty sure umbrella man would not in the least feel abused, rather he would have a chuckle.

Well that makes the world of difference. 

Trevor Hill

You are very quick to offer your opinions on things that you don't seem to have a real connection to. In many ways you are like the idiots in pubs who scream and shout for Manchester United, Liverpool and Celtic, they don't go to games either but they like to talk about "us" and what the manager is doing wrong and how things were so much better in their day. I am sure they even have opinions on various banners in the Stretford end or on the spion kop.
Maybe you should try to get to the odd game once in a while before offering your valued opinions. You seem out of touch. Most people have a negative opinion on Brolly and although I didn't see the banner in question last night, I would just see it as a bit of craic. Harmless, something which Brolly will no doubt mention today, he will use it to his advantage. That is what he does.
Or is it that you just don't like to see people having a bit of craic?

Mike Sheehy

QuoteThe football must be very grim in Munster, Cooper hasnt exactly prospered this year now has he?

Even at his worst he's better than anything Ulster has to offer this year.

..and thank god for the way 13-man , Div 4, Wicklow rose to the occcasion and defeated another negative, supposedly superior,  Ulster team in Fermanagh. At least there is still some romance in the game.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 05, 2009, 12:49:28 PM
You are very quick to offer your opinions on things that you don't seem to have a real connection to. In many ways you are like the idiots in pubs who scream and shout for Manchester United, Liverpool and Celtic, they don't go to games either but they like to talk about "us" and what the manager is doing wrong and how things were so much better in their day. I am sure they even have opinions on various banners in the Stretford end or on the spion kop.
Maybe you should try to get to the odd game once in a while before offering your valued opinions. You seem out of touch. Most people have a negative opinion on Brolly and although I didn't see the banner in question last night, I would just see it as a bit of craic. Harmless, something which Brolly will no doubt mention today, he will use it to his advantage. That is what he does.
Or is it that you just don't like to see people having a bit of craic?

Quite a post.   ::)
You don't know much about me but yet you feel the need to rant. 

Maguire01

A member of the GAA family? Come on, we're hardly the Waltons!
Brolly dishes out plenty of abuse and has plenty of opportunities to do so. It all seemed pretty light hearted. And I doubt Joe needs anyone else to fight his battles.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 05, 2009, 01:36:56 PM

Brolly dishes out plenty of abuse and has plenty of opportunities to do so. It all seemed pretty light hearted. And I doubt Joe needs anyone else to fight his battles.

It's not about whether Brolly finds it funny or not (I think he'll love it actually), and I personally wouldnt get too bothered about the banner yesterday, it's more about the fact that a precedent has been set. 

mylestheslasher

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 05, 2009, 01:40:10 PM

It's not about whether Brolly finds it funny or not (I think he'll love it actually), and I personally wouldnt get too bothered about the banner yesterday, it's more about the fact that a precedent has been set. 

Precedent was set a long time ago. I remember in 97 Cavan fans had a picture of Spillane with a microphone up his arse. A bit more blunt than the Monaghan one...

Maguire01

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 05, 2009, 01:44:53 PM

Precedent was set a long time ago. I remember in 97 Cavan fans had a picture of Spillane with a microphone up his arse. A bit more blunt than the Monaghan one...
Don't remember that one myself, but I suppose it goes to show that there's nothing to worry about.
Certain individuals, such as Spillane and Brolly will attract such attention - and generally lap it up. I think if there was general abuse of individual players or managers, other people in the crowd would be quick enough to police it, nevermind the officials. I don't think there's anything to get excited about.

boojangles

What precedent? putting up a banner. Relax FFS. Brolly deserves everything he gets from Monaghan supporters after his outrageous comments after the Derry game. Fair fucks to Monaghan if you ask me-they are still in the Championship and the eggs on Brollys face.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 05, 2009, 02:10:44 PM
That "Brolly is a tool" banner is pretty tame stuff compared to the anonymous rants that Brolly himself would get all over the internet, not to mention a certain banner on hill 16 at the 2003 All-Ireland SFC. The following site below from earlier this decade is probably not safe for the eyes either (and probably not worksafe either)

http://www.superiorrace.freeservers.com/

That has really nothing to do with with yesterday's banner fionn.

What about at the next match there is a banner slating harte?
We already have the booing of free kicks an all that nonsense from the crowds, last thing we want is banners slating people. 

(I dont recall the cavan fans one.)

apart from anything else Brolly isn't the one that looks like the tool after yesterday.