Brolly is a Tool - Huge banner at Monaghan v Armagh match

Started by Roashter, July 04, 2009, 07:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eireogatron

Quote from: Will Hunting on July 07, 2009, 04:28:59 PM
is a hateful p***k!
brilliant!! A pic of the man himself at home below!!

BennyHarp

Those pictures of Brolly in the leggings makes it very difficult to argue against the sentiments of the banner!
That was never a square ball!!

Hardy

red hander

Anybody who has the balls (or who is nuts enough) to go out on a GAA pitch like that obviously doesn't give a shit about what people think of him, whether it's the whole population of Tyrone, RTE viewers or four Monaghan eejits with a banner calling him a tool

orangeman

Make no mistake about it - Brolly will be loving this.

Maguire01

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 07, 2009, 08:03:34 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 07, 2009, 01:29:26 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on July 07, 2009, 11:43:54 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 07, 2009, 11:41:34 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on July 07, 2009, 11:40:25 AM
Brolly is a Legend!!!!!
In his own mind.

If you can read minds.....what am I thinking now???
I can't.

then how do you know what's "In his own mind"?
I don't think you have to be a mind reader to know that no one has a higher opinion of Joe Brolly than he does!

T Fearon

In fairness Joe deals with this in his column in the Gaelic Life to-day in a very humourous manner :D

He despairs of the way a once proud county has descended to this lack of subtlety, that does a disservice to the county's literary giants such as Paddy Kavanagh etc. He also says "the banner refers to the male member which vies with the female version for the title of the world's leadt pleasant image!" :D :D :D

Very funny!

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on July 10, 2009, 11:40:13 AM
In fairness Joe deals with this in his column in the Gaelic Life to-day in a very humourous manner :D

He despairs of the way a once proud county has descended to this lack of subtlety, that does a disservice to the county's literary giants such as Paddy Kavanagh etc. He also says "the banner refers to the male member which vies with the female version for the title of the world's leadt pleasant image!" :D :D :D

Very funny!
I though the use of the brolly image rather than spelling it out was extremely subtle.  :P

T Fearon

It was too easy to work out. Now if they had replaced the word "tool" with an image of a chisel or hammer that would have been subtle ;D

Joe also lamented the lack of a rhyme in the banner. So perhaps the following would have met with his approval.

Brolly is a c**k
in his mouth he should place a sock!

ONeill

Quote from: T Fearon on July 10, 2009, 11:55:46 AM

Brolly is a c**k

Yes, cos that'd be hilariously funny.

Stick to the colouring in.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Well what about

Brolly is a willie
because his talk is invariably silly.

or

Brolly is a p***k (use a pinpoint illustration)
His rantings resemble one who is thick! (pea soup illustration  to increase subtlety!)  ;D

Main Street

Quote from: T Fearon on July 10, 2009, 11:55:46 AM
It was too easy to work out. Now if they had replaced the word "tool" with an image of a chisel or hammer that would have been subtle ;D

Joe also lamented the lack of a rhyme in the banner. So perhaps the following would have met with his approval.

Brolly is a c**k
That would be bad taste

"Malice is only another name for mediocrity."
PK

rrhf

I think O neill made a point earlier about all sorts of messages coming out over the summer, say for example "GPA go away and the like."