Horslips ride again

Started by Shamrock Shore, July 01, 2009, 10:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Shameless plug I know. Latest from the bassist of the group:

"There's a double CD and a DVD. Release date before Christmas for both.

The double CD is called "Horslips live at the O2" and it contains all the songs and every note from the night as well as a little of the babble from the band.

The DVD is called 'The Road to the O2' and it combines interviews with the band about the gig, God, the Universe and Everything, (but mainly the gig) with 12 complete tracks - but in addition a number of solos and sequences are highlighted, John Giles style.

Charles O'Connor has designed both packages and they are - as you would expect - extremely attractive."

Shamrock Shore

Horslips play Celtic Note on Nassau St in Dublin this Sun (21 Nov 2010 at 1 pm

Sandino

Is this a private gig or whats the craic?
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Shamrock Shore

No - open to all. They are promoting the new releases.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Will miss tomorrow's little showpiece in Celtic Note, but can't wait for the main attractions!

Jeesh, how we need some radiant illumination on this deviant ill nation!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Shamrock Shore

As a compensation Fear they are on RTE1 this eve on The Sahhurday Show.

My good self has secured a ticket for the audience.

armaghniac

Are ticket sales a bit slow for the gigs, I notice that they are advertising them still. Perhaps the extra venues diluted the audience?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Shamrock Shore

Perhaps armaniac. It's hard to tell and nobody is going to tell you that tickets are slow.

I am heading to three out of the four and, yes, it will add up with hotels, planes, trains and automobiles but I don't care as I have been waiting 30 years for days like these.

Stay tuned for little gig reviews in the thread.

I'll surely see a few of ye in Belfast.

Fear ón Srath Bán have you still my number? Dougal as well.

deargdoom

Can't believe its been nearly a year!! Living for Wednesday...unfortunately only going to one gig this year though :(

Any word on whether they are playing Glastonbury next year??

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 25, 2010, 11:22:07 PM
I'll surely see a few of ye in Belfast.

Fear ón Srath Bán have you still my number? Dougal as well.

Yes SS, still have your number (and Dougal's), will be in touch come Wednesday (or before)  ;)

Is it Wednesday yet?  ;D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

no mo do yakamo

Great show last night in killarney.
It wasn't even kennedy in the car.

Shamrock Shore

Yes. Yes it was. Venue was perhaps 60-70% occupied. One fellow was there with a mutil-coloured mohican, 9 inch heeled boots and a black rubber suit. Sweet Jesus. They like it exotic in Killarney. (I hope that wasn't you no mo)

Slimmed down set from last year. Band were in great form as was the support act, Paddy Goodwin and The Holy Ghosts. Some of us got a bit rowdy in the crowd so if any of ye heard a chant "Sharon....Sharon" that was us and there is a good story behind that one.

Jazes. That alarm clock at 7.30 this morning was most unwelcome having partied on late in The Brehon afterwards. Shur you hafta do these things.

We'll be dead long enough.

Belfast next. There is a gadderin in The Garrick beforehand organised via Facebook. I havent a baldy where it is but I am sure I'll find it.

Sandino

SS and FoSB its just like the old days, a Horslips Gig and fecking dangerous weather. Lets hope its a safe run to Belfast. SS any stuff that was not done the last time?
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Shamrock Shore

Sandino

'New' songs to the set are from the earlier albums

'More than you can chew' from The Táin
'Blind can't lead the blind' and 'Nighttown Boy' from Dancehall Sweethearts.

In Belfast and Dublin (this did not happen in the gigs in the sticks) there will be a brass section and perhaps a heavenly choir of fit ladies.

I am certain that the Waterfront and O2 may have other surprises........

Shamrock Shore

I see the great Philip Chevron of The Radiators and The Pogues was in Castlebar last night.

Chevron was a huge Horslips fan and they inspired him to do what he did with The Radiators and latterly The Pogues. He had a brush with the Big C a few years ago and seems to have come out the other side.

Pogues are on the "final farewell" tour and, as the bauld Shane had recorded a duet with those awful Priests, I well believe it.