Horslips ride again

Started by Shamrock Shore, July 01, 2009, 10:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 30, 2010, 12:30:56 AMShane had recorded a duet with those awful Priests

You're not serious?

Everything I thought I understood about the world has all gone screwy again.

Shamrock Shore

Hardy

We should have an emoticon for "shakes head".

Sandino

I have the deep heat at the ready to give her one last lash in Belfast! I am as nervous as ever, everytime we get to seem them now is just so special.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Declan

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Sandino on November 30, 2010, 01:18:31 PM
I have the deep heat at the ready to give her one last lash in Belfast! I am as nervous as ever, everytime we get to seem them now is just so special.

Good man, lash it onto ya! ;)

And good news about the Waterfront and the O2 SS! 
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Shamrock Shore

Missed FOSB and Sandino last night.

Great gig in The Waterfront. Venue 80% full. For the first time ever Horslips has 3 lassies and a brass section for a few songs.

2 hours of non stop music that had the crowd buzzing. Was chatting to a fellow that flew over especially from the States for the Belfast and Dublin gigs.

Was very very very late in getting to the scratcher and, believe it or not, there wasn't a flake of snow in Belfast.

Roll on the O2 on Sat night.

Sandino

SS a tremendous night by all accounts. I thought the setlist  was first class, More than you can chew being a personal favourite. Sorry we missed you but I heard you were moving in higher circles ;D  The weather may swing me against going to dublin as things here are quite dodgy up here today.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Fear ón Srath Bán

Great gig indeed lads, especially the earlier era stuff. I'll run into you yet this week SS!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Puckoon

The family was at the show last night - great night by all accounts like you've said.

armaghniac

I have a ticket for the O2 going spare, my mate can't make it. I'll be happy to unload for a bit less than ticketmaster will charge you, if anyone is interested PM me.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

armaghniac

Safe travelling to the gig.
Remember "Nighttown Boys can slide and slide on graceful feet
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Shamrock Shore

A shortened version of the recently released DVD 'The Road to the O2' will be on Telly Eireann 1 at 23.30 on 30 Dec 2010.

Horslips play Glasgow on 14 Jan 2011 at a Celtic Connections festival.

That is all.

Shamrock Shore

Chance to see Horslips free in The Waterfront in Belfast on St. Patrick's Day

Here is the spiel from The Waterfront website

Joining the Ulster Orchestra will be legendary Celtic folk rock group Horslips, performing their best known songs, arranged and conducted by Brian Byrne. The first set will be taken from Horslips` 1976 album `The Book of Invasion - A Celtic Symphony` and the second set contains songs from 1973 album, `The Tain.`

Both albums chartered new territory in the genre of Celtic Rock music which Horslips pioneered in the 1970s.

This is the band`s first collaboration with an orchestra.

For availability of complimentary tickets please visit www.bbc.co.uk/ni/tickets and join the electronic mailing list.

Shamrock Shore

Bump to remind, if you are of a mind, to tune into BBC Radio Alster tonight at 8 pm to hear the band live with the Alster Sympathy Orchestra.

If you hear some hooting and hollering in a Longford accent you'll know I got in!