Is the Gaa dying on the GaaBoard?

Started by muppet, June 16, 2009, 03:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why are there more posts on the Cricket thread than on combination of the Munster Final + Derry v Tyrone threads?

Early season apathy, it'll pick up later
26 (40.6%)
Poor quality of gaelic games this year
11 (17.2%)
Cricket is the future
27 (42.2%)

Total Members Voted: 64

muppet

52 pages on the Irish Cricket team in the General section and only 28 for Derry Tyrone (I know there will be more before the weekend) and 24 for the Munster Final which included a replay.

What's the story, this is a Gaa website?
MWWSI 2017

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: muppet on June 16, 2009, 03:09:23 PM
52 pages on the Irish Cricket team in the General section and only 28 for Derry Tyrone (I know there will be more before the weekend) and 24 for the Munster Final which included a replay.

What's the story, this is a Gaa website?

That thread was started on March 5th, 2007

longball

The board in general is dying a death at the minute to be honest.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Aghdavoyle

muppet

MWWSI 2017

cavan4ever

Quote from: muppet on June 16, 2009, 03:13:05 PM
Quote from: Aghdavoyle on June 16, 2009, 03:12:16 PM
And its about an entire tournament

So is the Munster Final.

There isnt that many Munster posters on here, and with the qualifers interest in these games has fallen.

Rois

Pages since Tyrone/Derry thread created: 28
Cricket pages since Tyrone/Derry thread created: 8

Don't panic.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: longball on June 16, 2009, 03:11:48 PM

says the fella who started a Miss GAABoard thread

muppet

Quote from: Rois on June 16, 2009, 03:16:02 PM
Pages since Tyrone/Derry thread created: 28
Cricket pages since Tyrone/Derry thread created: 8

Don't panic.

Rois, it's Cricket. Do you think cricket boards have threads about Derry v Tyrone?
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

Yeah the cricket thread started over 2 years ago during the world cup and has covered a lot of tournaments. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Gnevin

Just like society ,people have been claiming the board is going to hell since it was invent .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

longball

Think its about time the board was advertised a bit better get some new fish on board. Im from Tyrone and there is a strong northern group of posters but there are hardly and Munster ones and hardly any Dubs either.
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 16, 2009, 03:16:49 PM

says the fella who started a Miss GAABoard thread

The Miss GAAboard is a perfect example, there was near 1000 posts in 5 days on this thread and near 10000 views, 70 something pages, it was an innoative thread unless I start a thread no1 wants to know about it. I am incredible. but a bad speller.

when i joined the board there was far more talk in the GAA threads than there is now. Even in the Tyrone club thread in the middle of the season there is only a small amount of chat. HOGANSTAND has far more!!!!!!!

Rois

Sure with the number of GAA fans on here, you'd be surprised if they didn't have a bit of interest in other sports.  

Quote from: longball on June 16, 2009, 03:22:12 PM
Even in the Tyrone club thread in the middle of the season there is only a small amount of chat. HOGANSTAND has far more!!!!!!!

How true.  I bet if you started up a Miss Hogan Stand thread over there you'd be a hero there too.  Let us know how you get on.

muppet

This is not meant to join the annual 'the board is dying' threads.

This is about the level of interest in the Gaa on the board.

The Lions thread has as many pages as Cork v Kerry and they are only playing friendlies in the run up to the test match. How many threads have we on Gaa challenge matches?

The Football trivia thread has the same number of pages and it started mid April.

MWWSI 2017

longball

Quote from: Rois on June 16, 2009, 03:24:55 PM
Sure with the number of GAA fans on here, you'd be surprised if they didn't have a bit of interest in other sports.  

Quote from: longball on June 16, 2009, 03:22:12 PM
Even in the Tyrone club thread in the middle of the season there is only a small amount of chat. HOGANSTAND has far more!!!!!!!

How true.  I bet if you started up a Miss Hogan Stand thread over there you'd be a hero there too.  Let us know how you get on.

I have NEVER nor WILL EVER post to hoganstand. The reason being is that i dont know what the under 16 team of the year should be. I was just making a point that GAAboard was supppose to be a point for mature GAA fans but as Muppet has said the interest in the GAA side of it has dipped over recent months which is suprising considering we have started into the championship.