Is the Gaa dying on the GaaBoard?

Started by muppet, June 16, 2009, 03:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why are there more posts on the Cricket thread than on combination of the Munster Final + Derry v Tyrone threads?

Early season apathy, it'll pick up later
26 (40.6%)
Poor quality of gaelic games this year
11 (17.2%)
Cricket is the future
27 (42.2%)

Total Members Voted: 64

INDIANA

Too many posters told to bugger off if they aren't from the 2 counties playing the match.

full back

imho, It has been a very low key start to the championship

Bar the Cork/Kerry games & Armagh/Tyrone game you would hardly have known the games were on.

The season will get into full swing when the Dubs get up and running. Their game with Meath was very low key, if it had been a ding dong battle things would be different

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on June 16, 2009, 04:43:05 PM
I cant for the life of me understand Sligo v Galway thread is basically dormant, 2 pages and little interest on either side. Just dont really understand to be honest.

Most of the Galway posters on here generally only make an appearance in the week before the team are playing and the few days after the match. They then disappear into the ether again until the next game.

That thread will probably be busier next week but sure what can you say anyway until the teams are announced? (I realise the Mayo lads can fill 30 pages in about 2 weeks with every single permutation of team selection possible along with what the squad are eating for breakfast and probably who they are sleeping with as well). ;)

mannix

these computers have the gaaboard destroyed.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 16, 2009, 05:09:39 PM
I cant for the life of me understand Sligo v Galway thread is basically dormant, 2 pages and little interest on either side. Just dont really understand to be honest.

Most of the Galway posters on here generally only make an appearance in the week before the team are playing and the few days after the match. They then disappear into the ether again until the next game.

That thread will probably be busier next week but sure what can you say anyway until the teams are announced? (I realise the Mayo lads can fill 30 pages in about 2 weeks with every single permutation of team selection possible along with what the squad are eating for breakfast and probably who they are sleeping with as well). ;)

aye ye galway boys are cute gbb ye wouldn't let your left hand know what your right hand was doing , for feck sake there was only 2 pages on Joyce been dropped from the panel and most of those posts were from us mayo lads any way is he back now or what  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 16, 2009, 05:21:54 PM

aye ye galway boys are cute gbb ye wouldn't let your left hand know what your right hand was doing , for feck sake there was only 2 pages on Joyce been dropped from the panel and most of those posts were from us mayo lads any way is he back now or what  ;)

In fairness I don't think we could have said much more on Nicky as I doubt we'd get away with saying the actual reason why he was dropped from the panel.

I think there's a chance he might be back after the Sligo game but hard to say. Sammon didn't exactly shut the door on him entirely.

longball

People keeping their clubs hidden as well doesnt help.

Im not telling you my club thou cause all the boys would pick on me if they knew it was me posting
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

the Deel Rover

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 16, 2009, 05:25:36 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 16, 2009, 05:21:54 PM

In fairness I don't think we could have said much more on Nicky as I doubt we'd get away with saying the actual reason why he was dropped from the panel.I think there's a chance he might be back after the Sligo game but hard to say. Sammon didn't exactly shut the door on him entirely.

it can't have been that bad   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ONeill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 16, 2009, 03:30:43 PM
Muppet here are your posting stats

General discussion       1857
GAA Discussion       670
Hurling Discussion       54
Local GAA Discussion       20

Maybe you need to talk GAA more and we will follow.... ;)

That's a damning statistic. You have posted 1857 times on non-gaa matters and 744 on gaa matters and then start a thread like this. I think it's time you fcuked up before you really make me mad. Ok. Antrim abu.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on June 16, 2009, 06:02:40 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 16, 2009, 03:30:43 PM
Muppet here are your posting stats

General discussion       1857
GAA Discussion       670
Hurling Discussion       54
Local GAA Discussion       20

Maybe you need to talk GAA more and we will follow.... ;)

That's a damning statistic. You have posted 1857 times on non-gaa matters and 744 on gaa matters and then start a thread like this. I think it's time you fcuked up before you really make me mad. Ok. Antrim abu.

Morning Shane.
MWWSI 2017

Zulu

I think there is a bit of over reaction going on here, but the one thing that does surprise me is the lack of interest many posters have in game snot involving their own county. Some lads will give an opinion on many of the big games, especially post match but a lot of others don't seem to have any interest at all, which I find strange.

Denn Forever

87 pages on the Derry Monaghan game. 

Its dying surely.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

bcarrier

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Zulu on June 16, 2009, 07:58:04 PM
I think there is a bit of over reaction going on here, but the one thing that does surprise me is the lack of interest many posters have in game snot involving their own county. Some lads will give an opinion on many of the big games, especially post match but a lot of others don't seem to have any interest at all, which I find strange.
Just because people don't give their opinion on games doesnt mean they're not interested zulu. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?