Anyone been caught with no mot?

Started by tyrone girl, May 31, 2009, 11:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 08, 2009, 10:19:25 AM
Quote from: delboy on June 05, 2009, 05:30:21 PM
Was in a similar situation a couple of years ago (minus talking on the phone though) stopped by the peelers and asked to bring my licence, insurance and mot into the station within a few days, realised when i got home that the car was no longer MOTed, got straight onto the DVLNI and aked for the first cancellation anywhere in NI, got one the next day  :)

Produced the insurance, licence and brand new MOT, they gave it some looking up and down but let it go  ;D

I thought i'd read somewhere though that driving without an MOT does almost certainly not invalidate your insurance.

But tyrone girl is a Fenian.  :)
How do you know?

Massey-135

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 08, 2009, 09:58:31 AM
Went to police station Saturday evening with me licence insurance and brought the old mot cert and new date and told them the craic that it slipped my mind. She was fine, said if it was her personally she would let it go but she said its up to the cop who stopped me. So she emailed him through and explained it was only 5 days out of date and asked him to ring me. So fingers crossed

Good luck.

Tony Baloney

I think this thread deserves to be resurrected following the news that Tyrone Girl has received a court summons for flouting the laws of the land by driving with no MOT...

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=3077.6045

botman

Keep them at it.

tyrone girl

Its just my luck

Anyone else would get away with it  >:(

illdecide

Quote from: tyrone girl on September 03, 2009, 02:03:16 PM
Its just my luck

Anyone else would get away with it  >:(

Your lucky your not from Armagh as you'd have got 6 months in Maghaberry for that crime
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tyssam5

So we have not yet heard about the nature of the phone call that started this whole process? Was it worth it?

tyrone girl

Me case is up today - havnt heard what the fine will be - bet it will be brutal  >:(

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: tyrone girl on September 30, 2009, 02:56:03 PM
Me case is up today - havnt heard what the fine will be - bet it will be brutal  >:(

Not showing up for court means it'll be at least doubled.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

thebigfella

Quote from: tyrone girl on September 30, 2009, 02:56:03 PM

Did you not have to turn up? You'll miss around the courts this week  ;)

armaghniac

I knew a fella in Dublin that had no mot, he went on one of them websites and found a decent bird.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tyrone girl

U dont attend for no vehicle test certificate.

Its being dealt with in afternoon purposely to keep it out of papers cos me aul pair will kill me if they knew  :o

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: tyrone girl on September 30, 2009, 03:04:57 PM
U dont attend for no vehicle test certificate.

Its being dealt with in afternoon purposely to keep it out of papers cos me aul pair will kill me if they knew  :o

Surely they can't guarantee that? Does the reporter just tend to leave at lunchtime usually?

tyrone girl

2 of them leave at lunchtime and the one that stays is the one that does the favours apparently for the person whos dealing with it for me  :o

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: tyrone girl on September 30, 2009, 03:09:10 PM
2 of them leave at lunchtime and the one that stays is the one that does the favours apparently for the person whos dealing with it for me  :o

Handy. Was it not listed for this morning though? Usually I thought they just listed everything in the morning and just worked through it from there, contested matters last. Is your solicitor / barrister just waiting until the afternoon before dealing with it?