Anyone been caught with no mot?

Started by tyrone girl, May 31, 2009, 11:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakleafer93

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 01, 2009, 12:20:40 PM
They didnt send me out a letter, cos i knew mine was up and happened to mention to me mother on thursday last about why i didnt get a letter she said no i never noticed one come in for you and i said then i must book it next week. So why wouldnt i have got a letter? Would this help my case? Have a date now, so going to wait for the letter to come in post this wk then bring the letter with the date and my licence and insurance in and see how it goes and if they want to summons me then so be it.

Do you not think it would not have been a good idea to look about an MOT then if you knew it was up?  ???

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 01, 2009, 11:06:22 PM
Oh Mr self righteous again!!! Last time il reply on this thread. Too many people on here never do things they shouldnt. What a wonderful world we live in.

I do plenty of things I shouldn't,talking on the phone while driving isn't one of them though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rav67

Ring up the number on your HORT for the ticket office and ask for extra time to produce your documents - they'll give you a month if you say your licence is broken in half or lost.  It'll buy you a bit of time to get your MOT certificate and it might look a bit better for you when you are able to go to the station and produce all your dcouments.

Mike Sheehy

Tyrone girl pulling into the police station to present her forms.....pity she was still talking on the phone though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os16l7oeFjE&feature=PlayList&p=94B711F7C513C732&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=20

DennistheMenace

What's the story of driving without tax ?

Yesterday my mate was out driving and passed a car tax camera and seeing as he only posted his tax forms/fee the evening before I'm assuming he could be in trouble.

His car is just back on the road and passed the MOT the week before.

tyrone girl

He could be in bother alright, though in saying that they will tax him from start of June when they receive his forms so im really not sure. he could say he just didnt have his tax disc up as they will have him as drivin on 4th June with no tax and he will have the tax disc shortly showing him being taxed on that date so he may slip through ok. If they write to him tell him to write a letter back

5 Sams

Quote from: illdecide on June 01, 2009, 10:24:54 AM
Quote from: tyrone girl on June 01, 2009, 12:31:23 AM
Cookstowns not too bad. Besides its a date for the mot im after to show i have it booked. If its 3 wks away so be it. Im already being done for talking on the phone, not trying to get out of it. Was simply asking about my chances of claiming not realising my mot was up was a guenune mistake. Hate people getting on their high horse cos i didnt have mot , im hardly the first or last person to be caught at it.

i'm sorry to tell you missie but you'll not get away with that, they will check the date you were stopped and they will clearly see your car was not MOT'd. i think 3pts and prob about £100-£150 fine would be the norm...Oh and pay a few pounds to keep it out of the local paper as your name will be in it and then we'll all know who you are ;)

As Pints says, having no tax is not that bad but MOT & Insurance is important

I've often heard of people doing that Illdecide....how does that work....do you go around each court reporter and drop them a score apiece to not write about the case??
The Aristocrat Years

tyrone girl

Lot of time it depends on when ur case is called. Lots of time they leave before all cases are heard, usually when they have enough. Well so i been told. Hmm havnt told me mother yet she will have me murdered when she reads about me in round the courts in the courier  :o

Armaghtothebone

Much as it goes against everything I believe in to help a Tyronie......
go to www.roadsidelawyer.co.uk

Did'nt read the whole mot thread but at least it's non endorsable so you cant get points for it.
It'll give you a fair idea of what you can expct and what to do.

tyrone girl

Cheers for that, much appreciated. Off home now but il get a read through it later

delboy

Was in a similar situation a couple of years ago (minus talking on the phone though) stopped by the peelers and asked to bring my licence, insurance and mot into the station within a few days, realised when i got home that the car was no longer MOTed, got straight onto the DVLNI and aked for the first cancellation anywhere in NI, got one the next day  :)

Produced the insurance, licence and brand new MOT, they gave it some looking up and down but let it go  ;D

I thought i'd read somewhere though that driving without an MOT does almost certainly not invalidate your insurance.

tyrone girl

Went to police station Saturday evening with me licence insurance and brought the old mot cert and new date and told them the craic that it slipped my mind. She was fine, said if it was her personally she would let it go but she said its up to the cop who stopped me. So she emailed him through and explained it was only 5 days out of date and asked him to ring me. So fingers crossed

illdecide

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 05, 2009, 05:01:21 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 01, 2009, 10:24:54 AM
Quote from: tyrone girl on June 01, 2009, 12:31:23 AM
Cookstowns not too bad. Besides its a date for the mot im after to show i have it booked. If its 3 wks away so be it. Im already being done for talking on the phone, not trying to get out of it. Was simply asking about my chances of claiming not realising my mot was up was a guenune mistake. Hate people getting on their high horse cos i didnt have mot , im hardly the first or last person to be caught at it.

i'm sorry to tell you missie but you'll not get away with that, they will check the date you were stopped and they will clearly see your car was not MOT'd. i think 3pts and prob about £100-£150 fine would be the norm...Oh and pay a few pounds to keep it out of the local paper as your name will be in it and then we'll all know who you are ;)

As Pints says, having no tax is not that bad but MOT & Insurance is important

I've often heard of people doing that Illdecide....how does that work....do you go around each court reporter and drop them a score apiece to not write about the case??

TBH i'm not sure how it works, i've never been in that situation. But i have def heard of some "well to do people" paying a few pounds to keep it out of the local paper
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

David McKeown

Quote from: DennistheMenace on June 05, 2009, 04:51:59 PM
What's the story of driving without tax ?

Yesterday my mate was out driving and passed a car tax camera and seeing as he only posted his tax forms/fee the evening before I'm assuming he could be in trouble.

His car is just back on the road and passed the MOT the week before.

What will happen is one of two things either a if it was out of tax for a short time then he will get a letter telling him that his tax was out of date and fine of a fixed amount per month in arrears between when the tax expired and when he renewed it.  If he pays that, it will effectively be the end of the matter although he may still get a threatening court letter and have to appear in court in order to have the case dismissed.  Alternatively if he had filed a SORN then they may get arsey about it and he could be prosecuted for a fine of up to £1000 or 5 times the annual tax for the vehicle which ever is highest.  A lot will depend on the facts of the case.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

saffron sam2

Quote from: delboy on June 05, 2009, 05:30:21 PM
Was in a similar situation a couple of years ago (minus talking on the phone though) stopped by the peelers and asked to bring my licence, insurance and mot into the station within a few days, realised when i got home that the car was no longer MOTed, got straight onto the DVLNI and aked for the first cancellation anywhere in NI, got one the next day  :)

Produced the insurance, licence and brand new MOT, they gave it some looking up and down but let it go  ;D

I thought i'd read somewhere though that driving without an MOT does almost certainly not invalidate your insurance.

But tyrone girl is a Fenian.  :)
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet