Anyone been caught with no mot?

Started by tyrone girl, May 31, 2009, 11:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Was stopped tonight by cops for being on the phone. Have to produce licence, insurance and mot within 7 days. Only problem is my mots up last wk. Whats my chances if phone up and get a date for mot tomorrow morning and bring it into police and say it totally slipped my mind that it was up until checked my documents for bringing in.

Gnevin

Why would the police want to see your girlfriend ;) ;)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Oakleafer93

I saw this title of this threas minimised and it read, 'has anyone been caught w.....'

dirty mind perhaps! ;)

tyrone girl

Oh for f**k sake i should have known better than to even ask anything sensible on here.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: tyrone girl on May 31, 2009, 11:37:20 PM
Was stopped tonight by cops for being on the phone. Have to produce licence, insurance and mot within 7 days. Only problem is my mots up last wk. Whats my chances if phone up and get a date for mot tomorrow morning and bring it into police and say it totally slipped my mind that it was up until checked my documents for bringing in.
I would say you'll clock 3 points for the phone and a hefty fine for no mot. Tax etc can be argued away but driving without mot and/or insurance is gonna land you in a heap of trouble.

tyrone girl

Yep im getting 3 points for driving using the phone he said, and £60 quid fine. Have insurance but no mot, though they could argue my insurance is invalid. Would have thought driving with no tax would be worse than driving with mot up a few days

tyrone girl

Same typical non funny shyte i should expect from you hardstation

pintsofguinness

Quote from: tyrone girl on May 31, 2009, 11:43:38 PM
Yep im getting 3 points for driving using the phone he said, and £60 quid fine. Have insurance but no mot, though they could argue my insurance is invalid. Would have thought driving with no tax would be worse than driving with mot up a few days

I would have thought no mot and invalid insurance would be worse than no tax.

sorry  :-\
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

tyrone girl

Probably is, though what im saying is if i book a test first thing tmrw and bring me insurance,  licence and mot cert thats out of date 24th may and tell them have a new date and honestly didnt realise it was up have i any chance of gettin away with it

ziggysego

There's a big waiting list for MOT tyrone girl. You won't get it for next week I'm afraid.
Testing Accessibility

tyrone girl

Cookstowns not too bad. Besides its a date for the mot im after to show i have it booked. If its 3 wks away so be it. Im already being done for talking on the phone, not trying to get out of it. Was simply asking about my chances of claiming not realising my mot was up was a guenune mistake. Hate people getting on their high horse cos i didnt have mot , im hardly the first or last person to be caught at it.

ziggysego

I suppose if you get an appointment, you could be ok. Depends if you show them the letter and it will have this week's date as to when you made the enquiry.

I'm sunburned and tired, so I'm not too sure if that made any sense  :D However I'll ask a few people tomorrow and see what I can find out for you.
Testing Accessibility

tyrone girl

Ahh cheers zig, yeh they will see that i only made the appointment tmrw but i will have to say to them that i didnt realise it was out of date until i got home and was gathering my documents to take into police station and that as soon as realised it was up i booked a date. If i have a date booked to show them its better than having nothing.
Put some aloe vera on ur sunburn

ziggysego

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 01, 2009, 12:41:40 AM
Ahh cheers zig, yeh they will see that i only made the appointment tmrw but i will have to say to them that i didnt realise it was out of date until i got home and was gathering my documents to take into police station and that as soon as realised it was up i booked a date. If i have a date booked to show them its better than having nothing.
Put some aloe vera on ur sunburn

I suppose they could take your word for it. Depends on what humour the officer is in. No aloe vera, will have to get myself some tomorrow. Anyway I'm off to bed. Night.
Testing Accessibility

Oakleafer93

Quote from: tyrone girl on May 31, 2009, 11:40:38 PM
Oh for f**k sake i should have known better than to even ask anything sensible on here.

You should have known better to MOT your car, they send you letters out you know...