Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

What are the chances of this game going to Casement?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Will Hunting

Quote from: Orior on June 03, 2009, 03:55:26 PM

Hopefully none!

A horrible, soulless place. And Derry's record there ain't much use either.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Will Hunting on June 03, 2009, 04:00:05 PM
Quote from: Orior on June 03, 2009, 03:55:26 PM

Hopefully none!

A horrible, soulless place. And Derry's record there ain't much use either.

You said it. hopefully Clones or even Ballybofey which is being talked about-

mc_grens

QuotePosted by: Maguire01 
Insert Quote
Quote from: tbrick18 on Today at 01:09:00 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on Today at 12:39:26 PM
Quote from: Kentucky Blue on Today at 12:00:00 PM
Just really irked me that Dick Clerkin who was out from the word go to act the maggott with Doc has got away scott-free.

Maybe Doherty should have stuck to 'acting the maggot' too.

Maguire is there not a qualifier thread you should be spending you time on these days???   

Yes, and i'm sure you'll be joining me soon enough.

Did someone say bitter?

Maguire01

Quote from: mc_grens on June 03, 2009, 04:59:30 PM
QuotePosted by: Maguire01 
Insert Quote
Quote from: tbrick18 on Today at 01:09:00 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on Today at 12:39:26 PM
Quote from: Kentucky Blue on Today at 12:00:00 PM
Just really irked me that Dick Clerkin who was out from the word go to act the maggott with Doc has got away scott-free.

Maybe Doherty should have stuck to 'acting the maggot' too.

Maguire is there not a qualifier thread you should be spending you time on these days???   

Yes, and i'm sure you'll be joining me soon enough.

Did someone say bitter?
If they did, i didn't hear it.
Can someone else not 'quote'?

Maguire01

QuoteBelfast in running to stage Ulster semi-final
02 June 2009

Casement Park could stage the Ulster SFC semi-final between Derry and Tyrone on June 21.

The Ulster Council will decide on the venue on Saturday, and provincial secretary Danny Murphy has revealed that the Belfast ground is in the running, even though most fans' preference would be for Clones.

"Several grounds will be considered," he said.

"Two are very obvious (Clones and Casement Park). Cavan is a possibility and I wouldn't rule out Ballybofey.

"I'm sure Donegal will mount a strong case in terms of the geography. We are starting to see the benefit of having a lot of stadia capable of holding 20,000 people quite comfortably."

What is expected to stand to Casement Park, apart from its close proximity to Derry and Tyrone, is the fact that is one of the few county grounds not due to stage and Ulster championship match this year. Brewster Park, Celtic Park and Clones have already staged games, while Kingspan/Breffni Park and Ballybofey will see action in the next fortnight.

The venue for the second semi-final between Cavan/Fermanagh and Donegal/Antrim on Saturday, June 27 will also be decided on Saturday.
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=112376

Strange that the Ulster Council will admit that Belfast is a second choice for fans, especially so soon after announcing plans that Casement is the preferred ground for development.

omagh_gael

Please please please not casement, doesnt have a patchon clones! Ballybofey wouldn't be bad, bit narrow but would be handy got at

fred the red

hoping this game is in casement, bout time irelands 2nd city got a game of note.

ONeill

Hoping for Casement myself. Always found access decent, decent pint, decent view, decent atmosphere. And Mugsy'll go for a pint afterwards in Biddys.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Doohicky

As said before I want Casement for purely selfish reasons. As I live in Belfast  :P
I don't know the rural roads so the run to Clones can take me ages (An hour just to get through Monaghan town Alone)
Ballabofey is even further to go.

And I can have a wee drink before the game in Casement  :D

But apart from purely selfish reasons, I have no real argument for it in Casement.  :(

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on June 03, 2009, 08:36:32 PM
Hoping for Casement myself. Always found access decent, decent pint, decent view, decent atmosphere. And Mugsy'll go for a pint afterwards in Biddys.

Wipe your feet on the way out of that shithole.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

saffron sam2

Casement for me.

I'll buy a pint for each gaaboarder who makes themselves known to me in the Fruithill Lawn Tennis & Bowling Club before the match.

The code word is "Ulsterbus".
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ONeill

Fruithill Lawn Tennis & Bowling Club.

Codeword: Baluba
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

cville

Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 03, 2009, 10:24:57 PM
Casement for me.

I'll buy a pint for each gaaboarder who makes themselves known to me in the Fruithill Lawn Tennis & Bowling Club before the match.

The home of the snobs and the wanna-be snobs of Endersonstown! SDLP - sons and daughters of the pig-owning class of West-Britism!-

tyrone exile

Quote from: cville on June 03, 2009, 11:48:57 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 03, 2009, 10:24:57 PM
Casement for me.

The home of the snobs and the wanna-be snobs of Endersonstown! SDLP - sons and daughters of the pig-owning class of West-Britism!-
Thats a mouthful!