Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Good news about Stevie & Brian.
I was wondering was there any ill effects.

Where was the training Rois?

Thought Tyrone's tactics on Sunday past were a bit strange with most forwards having a very off day with maybe Stevie the only one to show any decent form.
Passing and shooting needs to improve a lot for this game & would like to see us revert to a 3 man FF line as it's so frustrating to see passes being hit into one or two forwards surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders.

Noticed often on Sunday as well Gormley & PJ left two on two which surprised me.

Maguire01

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 05, 2009, 10:44:54 AM
When will they decide on the venue?
Saturday evening, after the match in Cavan.

kickingmule

Quote from: Rois on June 04, 2009, 11:36:29 PM
The Clann na Gael boys were both on top form at training tonight.  Both seemed to come through last weekend ok.
good to see mcconnell back @ full tilt as well,..... i reckon cassidy is gonna be out for a while, still on crutches!

SidelineKick

Quote from: ONeill on June 05, 2009, 10:31:03 AM
Quote from: screenmachine on June 05, 2009, 10:22:19 AM
I think Mickey's was called 'How to survive having the personality of a shoe.'

Another book in the pipeline is 'Get rich quick: after dinner speeches and kid's presentations.'

Perhaps:

'There is a Sam Maguire in Tyrone. Three of them.'

Are you sure about that? I would assume it was the same one but has been there on 3 occasions, and not 3 Sam Maguires.  As I said I'm only assuming though.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

talktothehand

Quote from: rrhf on June 05, 2009, 09:14:56 AM
Hot on the back of the news of Hartes new book. Fergal Docs autobiography coming out
Potential working titles
"Angry young man"
"Life in suspension"
"Off with his head"
"my days in the dugout"

"an eye for an eye"
"red mist"

Maguire01

Quote from: talktothehand on June 05, 2009, 12:16:30 PM
Quote from: rrhf on June 05, 2009, 09:14:56 AM
Hot on the back of the news of Hartes new book. Fergal Docs autobiography coming out
Potential working titles
"Angry young man"
"Life in suspension"
"Off with his head"
"my days in the dugout"

"an eye for an eye"
"red mist"

"Dick Clerkin ate my hamster"

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

gerry

I think it was going to be no where else. Atleast they will be a better crowd than todays match in cavan
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bogball XV

ONeill

I can think of 2 recent semis in Casement involving Tyrone.

2003 - defeated Antrim after a hairy start when Madden goaled from a penalty. Cavlan jumped like a salmon that day. 1999 when Down came from something like 7 behind to defeat Tyrone by a few. Linden scorched Paul McGurk on a roasting day.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on June 06, 2009, 08:00:01 PM

2003 - defeated Antrim after a hairy start when Madden goaled from a penalty. Cavlan jumped like a salmon that day. 1999 when Down came from something like 7 behind to defeat Tyrone by a few. Linden scorched Paul McGurk on a roasting day.

Did Deccy McCrossan play centre half back that day, and IIRC knocked over a couple of points?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 06, 2009, 10:58:56 PM
Quote from: ONeill on June 06, 2009, 08:00:01 PM

Did Deccy McCrossan play centre half back that day, and IIRC knocked over a couple of points?

No.

Scorers: Down : C. McCabe 2-3, R. Carr 0-3, 0 2 frees), M. Linden (0-3), S. Ward, S. Mulholland 0-2 each, P. Higgins(0-1)Tyrone: A. Cush 0-4 (frees), B. Dooher and P. Canavan (0-3), G. Calvan (0-2), E. Gormley, C. Loughran, R. McGarrity 0-1each.
DOWN : M. McVeigh; F. Caulfield, M. MaGill, K. Byrne, P. Higgins, S. Ward, S. Poland; B. Burns, A. Molloy; G. Deegan, S. Mulholland, R. Carr, M. Linden, C. McCabe, Shane Ward Subs. P. Matthews for Byrne(30 mins).
TYRONE: F. McConnell; F. Devlin, R. McGarrity, P. McGurk, P. Canavan, C. Holmes, C. Gourley; C. McAnallen, G. Cavlan; A. Cush, E. Gormley, B. Dooher, C. Loughran, M. McGleenan, Peter CanavanSubs.S. Lawn for McAnallen(42 mins) P. Delvin for McGurk(48 mins), S. O'Neill for Loughran (64 mins).
Referee: Pat McEneaney (Monaghan).
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaffer

Amazing when you read that Tyrone team.

Holmes, Gourley, Dooher and S O'Neill  all still there 10 years later.

They deserve alot of credit for the years of service they have given Tyrone!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

the green man

Whatever became of Shane Mullholland? Surely the Benny Coulter of that time