Champions League Final 2009: Manchester United vs Barcelona.Wed 27th May. Rome.

Started by EC Unique, May 05, 2009, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Quote from: longball on May 28, 2009, 04:47:20 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 28, 2009, 04:30:26 PM
Catalan press poll on MOTM    170,000 voted

Messi 60,000
Iniesta 34,000
Xavi 30,000
Valdes 26,000
Pique 18,000
Puyol 12,000

Messi elected on the first count.

Its amazing that such an even number of people voted for each candidate. Looks like a fix to me.

UEFA.com gave motm to Xavi, which I'd agree with.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

bingobus

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 28, 2009, 04:50:39 PM
Quote from: longball on May 28, 2009, 04:46:27 PM
Did anyone else think it was a bit 'funny' that Scholes took the armband whenever Giggs went off. Not that its a big deal or anything just thought it was a bit funny. Though Ferdinand was vice vice captain (not a type giggs vice captain, neville captain)
Maybe they were more concerned about trying to get back in the game rather than who was wearing an armband?

Maybe they weren't sure if Rio was playing or not  ;)  ;D

full back

Quote from: bingobus on May 28, 2009, 05:05:10 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 28, 2009, 04:50:39 PM
Quote from: longball on May 28, 2009, 04:46:27 PM
Did anyone else think it was a bit 'funny' that Scholes took the armband whenever Giggs went off. Not that its a big deal or anything just thought it was a bit funny. Though Ferdinand was vice vice captain (not a type giggs vice captain, neville captain)
Maybe they were more concerned about trying to get back in the game rather than who was wearing an armband?

Maybe they weren't sure if Rio was playing or not  ;)  ;D

Wouldnt be far wrong

T Fearon

Only heard one to-day, about an emergency call for welders to go to Manchester where an open top bus requires its roof to be put back on. Any others?

Gabriel_Hurl

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

bingobus

A flood warning was issued on Merseyside last night, as thousands of Scousers pissed themselves laughing.  :-\

Main Street

Messi 60,000
Iniesta 34,000
Xavi 30,000
Valdes 26,000
Pique 18,000
Puyol 12,000

Its amazing that such an even number of people voted for each candidate. Looks like a fix to me.
Yes, I fixed it.
I evened up the numbers to the nearest thousand :)

As a unit, Barca performed with such excellence that  the Motm award  is an irrelevence,  more a point of discussion.
Special mention should go to the old warrior, Catalan legend  Puyol, who stepped into the breech and it's noteworthy that he was held in such high esteem for his performance last night.
How United could have done with a player like him.

illdecide

What does Nemanja Vidic and Katie Price have in common?

They both regret letting a black man come inside them :D :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

magpie seanie

Quote from: Main Street on May 28, 2009, 05:33:22 PM

Messi 60,000
Iniesta 34,000
Xavi 30,000
Valdes 26,000
Pique 18,000
Puyol 12,000

Yes, I fixed it.

As a unit, Barca performed with such excellence that  the Motm award  is an irrelevence,  more a point of discussion.
Special mention should go to the old warrior, Catalan legend  Puyol, who stepped into the breech and it's noteworthy that he was held in such high esteem for his performance last night.

Yes - he played well last night alright and is a player I always admired. However, in the interest of fairness and being balanced I was shocked by his continuos rolling around on the ground like a little girl! You expect it from certain players but I wouldn't have expected it from a so-called warrior.

full back

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 28, 2009, 05:41:57 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 28, 2009, 05:33:22 PM

Messi 60,000
Iniesta 34,000
Xavi 30,000
Valdes 26,000
Pique 18,000
Puyol 12,000

Yes, I fixed it.

Yes - he played well last night alright and is a player I always admired. However, in the interest of fairness and being balanced I was shocked by his continuos rolling around on the ground like a little girl! You expect it from certain players but I wouldn't have expected it from a so-called warrior.

Warrior my bollox
He is constantly rolling around on the ground & he is an expert in time wasting - the only Barca player to fcuk me off last night.
After the challenge with VDS he was rolling on the ground. But like Lazarus he rose from the dead & made it to the other end of the pitch in double quick time.
Then some sniper took him out after the ball went out of play ::)
*from a p1ssed off Utd fan*

A Quinn Martin Production

That behaviour should be familiar to MU fans!...from a pissed off Chelsea fan, we should have won the bloody thing!! ;)

To be fair the challenge with VDS looked painful and there was a reckless two footed lunge from CR7 ;) that was worth at the very least a yellow.  And less of the "old"...believe it or not Puyol only turned 31 a few weeks ago and is younger than Henry!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

magpie seanie

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 28, 2009, 05:50:49 PM
That behaviour should be familiar to MU fans!...from a pissed off Chelsea fan, we should have won the bloody thing!! ;)

To be fair the challenge with VDS looked painful and there was a reckless two footed lunge from CR7 ;) that was worth at the very least a yellow.  And less of the "old"...believe it or not Puyol only turned 31 a few weeks ago and is younger than Henry!

I assume you mean the one where he slid in but actually didn't touch him as opposed to the time he nearly killed him with a shoulder?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: full back on May 28, 2009, 05:46:59 PM

Warrior my bollox
He is constantly rolling around on the ground & he is an expert in time wasting - the only Barca player to fcuk me off last night.
After the challenge with VDS he was rolling on the ground. But like Lazarus he rose from the dead & made it to the other end of the pitch in double quick time.
Then some sniper took him out after the ball went out of play ::)
*from a p1ssed off Utd fan*

He done well lifting the trophy after all the knocks he took  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"