Martinoneillsandroykeanesrepublicofireland.

Started by The Real Laoislad, April 22, 2009, 09:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: stew on November 20, 2009, 10:57:29 PM
Quote from: milltown row on November 20, 2009, 10:53:26 PM
Long live Roy Keane, King of Ireland and future Manager.

tell it like it is. Ireland are shite.

Paul McGrath, brilliant player (Keane far Better) . Wealan shite, Giles shite, Moran better gaelic player. 

anyway i only watch hurlng, soccer is for poofs

You are a conflicted child arent ya son, go take a tablet and lie down, I am embarassed for ya. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Cannot disagree with any of what Milltown wrote.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

Quote from: muppet on November 20, 2009, 10:56:06 PM
Quote from: stew on November 20, 2009, 10:50:50 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on November 20, 2009, 10:48:52 PM
Stew name me the other world class players from Ireand that would get on 'your' best world 11 better than Keane?

Oh Ah Paul McGrath.

Liam Brady.

John Giles.

Thats about it, the man was an unreal footballer.

All great players, but he has more medals than the three put together and no that doesn't make him better on it's own (**waits for the John O'Shea argument**) but the fact that he was the captain and frequently dragged his team to many of those titles does. None of the others did that and I say that as a huge Liam Brady fan.

Medals have feck all to do with it, (well they do a wee bit)  but I simply put forth names I would put ahead of keanes on the teamsheet, I thought about Moran and decided he was about Keanes equal so not better, Whelen, although a great player and servant for ireland was not the player Roy was but he was close. In my opinion. Keane to me is one of the top 100 players ever to play the game, he was that influencial.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hurler on the Bitch

Paul McGrath, brilliant player (Keane far Better) . Wealan shite, Giles shite, Moran better gaelic player. 

You know years ago shoite like that would probably see you discovered in a ditch with an 'artificially induced brain disorder'. But you may get a bye-ball as the brain damage seems to have be self-inflict
ed.

milltown row

Stew get a fooking grip will ya. WORLD CLASS

Ireland has only had one player, Best was better again those other numpties wish they had the class.

keane will manage Ireland. christ they let some crackers do it in the past why not give it to him.

no tablets yet, too busy watching Pudsey

muppet

Quote from: stew on November 20, 2009, 11:01:27 PM
Stew name me the other world class players from Ireand that would get on 'your' best world 11 better than Keane?

Oh Ah Paul McGrath.

Liam Brady.

John Giles.

All great players, but he has more medals than the three put together and no that doesn't make him better on it's own (**waits for the John O'Shea argument**) but the fact that he was the captain and frequently dragged his team to many of those titles does. None of the others did that and I say that as a huge Liam Brady fan.

Medals have feck all to do with it, (well they do a wee bit)  but I simply put forth names I would put ahead of keanes on the teamsheet, I thought about Moran and decided he was about Keanes equal so not better, Whelen, although a great player and servant for ireland was not the player Roy was but he was close. In my opinion. Keane to me is one of the top 100 players ever to play the game, he was that influencial.

Of those mentioned only Whelan understood, and had the ability to control, the tempo of a game as well as Keane. But he was not quite the athlete Keane was which is why I would put Keane ahead of Ronnie.

Giles was a similar type of player in a different era which makes it hard for me to compare. When Giles deliberately took out a player due to a remark in an earlier game the tackle was celebrated (in Mark Lawrenson's book). When Keane did it there was outrage.

Brady was a one off,more talented than any of the rest and capable of winning a ame on his own. But he could be marked out of a game and frequently was unfortunately.

McGrath could have been the best of the lot but for his personal demons. It is (quite rightly) ignored that he missed many games for his club and country due to none footballing issues.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: ONeill on November 20, 2009, 10:59:54 PM
Quote from: stew on November 20, 2009, 10:57:29 PM

with any of what Milltown wrote.

:D :D :D :D :D

You probably are milltown shane, either that or you are taking the michael.

milltown row

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on November 20, 2009, 11:05:30 PM

You know years ago shoite like that would probably see you discovered in a ditch with an 'artificially induced brain disorder'. But you may get a bye-ball as the brain damage seems to have be self-inflict
ed.

eh? my brain ;D ;D

and O'Neill and I aren't the same.........or are we ::)

stew

Quote from: muppet on November 20, 2009, 11:08:35 PM

Oh Ah Paul McGrath.

Liam Brady.

John Giles.

Of those mentioned only Whelan understood, and had the ability to control, the tempo of a game as well as Keane. But he was not quite the athlete Keane was which is why I would put Keane ahead of Ronnie.

Giles was a similar type of player in a different era which makes it hard for me to compare. When Giles deliberately took out a player due to a remark in an earlier game the tackle was celebrated (in Mark Lawrenson's book). When Keane did it there was outrage.

Brady was a one off,more talented than any of the rest and capable of winning a ame on his own. But he could be marked out of a game and frequently was unfortunately.

McGrath could have been the best of the lot but for his personal demons. It is (quite rightly) ignored that he missed many games for his club and country due to none footballing issues.

Great post muppet.

Turlough O Carolan

Keane was like an bitter farmer in a pub giving out about the weather, the price of cattle, the moral decay of society, turning on people he thought was laughing at him. He was a great player but he'll never even be an average manager until he learns to lighten up a bit.

Keane played midfield on an Irish team with much more talent and they never won a game abroad against a top team. Some journeymen midfielders torn apart the World Cup runners up in their back yard the other night, and won 1-0 in normal time. First time that happened since we beat Scotland back in the late 80s.

milltown row

but couldn't beat teams like Cyprus and Bulgaria over the years since Keane was involved.

ONeill

Quote from: Turlough O Carolan on November 21, 2009, 12:30:28 AM
Keane played midfield on an Irish team with much more talent and they never won a game abroad against a top team. Some journeymen midfielders torn apart the World Cup runners up in their back yard the other night, and won 1-0 in normal time. First time that happened since we beat Scotland back in the late 80s.

Catch a grip of yourself. This was a poor French outfit. They struggled to beat the Faroe Islands 1-0 3 months ago.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: ONeill on November 21, 2009, 12:49:16 AM
Quote from: Turlough O Carolan on November 21, 2009, 12:30:28 AM

Catch a grip of yourself. This was a poor French outfit. They struggled to beat the Faroe Islands 1-0 3 months ago.

Reality it was the first big name team Ireland beat abroad since Scotland over 20 years ago. Keane led Irish teams with better players against poor big name outfits too and they didn't win. Indeed the Portugal team that Ireland so bravely drew with 1-1 in Lansdowne (Keane's performance hailed as one of the greatest of all time, with the Irish crossbar also bravely saving us 3 or 4 times) got hammered 3-1 by the US in the subsequent World Cup.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: muppet on November 20, 2009, 11:08:35 PM

Oh Ah Paul McGrath.

Liam Brady.

John Giles.

Lazy comment. Paul McGrath 83 caps... Roy Keane 67   McGrath was world class

J70

He was absolutely correct about the Georgia game though!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on November 21, 2009, 01:49:40 AM
He was absolutely correct about the Georgia game though!

He was,he was also correct in saying we should get over it and move on...
The rest was just a bitter rant from a man with a huge chip on his shoulder and a even bigger grudge against the FAI and some of the players
You'll Never Walk Alone.