Martinoneillsandroykeanesrepublicofireland.

Started by The Real Laoislad, April 22, 2009, 09:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Main Street on November 20, 2009, 10:39:20 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 20, 2009, 10:24:24 PM

There are two ends of the spectrum with regard to Roy Keane. You announced that those at one end, i.e. those who idolize him as you put it, have opinions that are worthless. I want to know what about those at the other end of the spectrum, i.e. those who hate him?
Why would you want to know such worthless things?
You do understand what a throwaway comment is?

Anyway, I cant help you with your perceptions of spectrums.

Why bother to make a comment if we are to just throw it away? Are we to treat all your posts the same?
MWWSI 2017

RMDrive

As someone said above, who said it is clouding the matter.
If ANY ex Irish International, came out and criticised the team like Keane did ... after having been through bitter dissappointment himself ... knowing how heartbroken the players and fans were ... seeing the huge effort that was put into the game ...
If ANY Irish man came out and did that, I would think (and do think in this case) that it was bang out of order and that the person should be ashamed of themselves.
Think about this: what did Keane hope to achieve by saying that? As far as I can see his only motivation was to get a few digs in a people. To kick a few people when they're down. He's an intelligent man and knew what he was at.

milltown row

Quote from: stew on November 20, 2009, 10:34:43 PM
Quote from: milltown row on November 20, 2009, 10:22:59 PM
when Roy Keane takes the Ireland team (and he will) he will only have 5 percent of the public (according to some daft poster on here)

i cant wait to read your posts and the other 95 percent of Roy Keane haters when he takes the team to the finals of one of the main competitions.

Ireland have never produced a player like Roy Keane and to date they still havent got one coming through. be thankfull Ireland had a world class player.

Yip, I would say that the FAI are shitting themselves for Trappatoni to either A. Die or B. retire so that they can hire that world class manager Roy Keane, he is more likely to manage norn Ireland that the ROI.

your kidding yourselves if you dont think Roy Keane will not manage Ireland. get real.

Stew name me the other world class players from Ireand that would get on 'your' best world 11 better than Keane?

anglocelt39

i cant wait to read your posts and the other 95 percent of Roy Keane haters when he takes the team to the finals of one of the main competitions.

The current Ipswich Town manger is going to take Ireland through to the finals of a major competition?! jesus H christ
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Main Street

Quote from: milltown row on November 20, 2009, 10:37:06 PM
idolize? lets get real.  we go and watch players and are taken aback by their skill and dedacation. i haven't heard anyone saying they idolize Keane.

lets start a thread about platini. he said there should not be a replay and is glad France is through. or what about one on the Ireland Coach not getting Ireland to South Africa. oh what about robbie keane/Duff missing thon chances?
when Roy Keane takes the Ireland team (and he will) he will only have 5 percent of the public (according to some daft poster on here)

Ireland have never produced a player like Roy Keane and to date they still havent got one coming through. be thankfull Ireland had a world class player.

Eh Milltown row, I know you are probably blinded by the light shining from Roy's arse  but this "daft poster" wrote that

"leaves 95 out of 100 who think Roy is just using the opportunity to vent his old bitter grudge against the FAI"

This daft poster did not write anything about "95 percent of Roy Keane haters"

Armamike

Keane always likes to cut across the prevailing mood on things, so it's no surprise really that he's coming out with this. There's a lot of bitterness and anger in too many of Roy's musings, it's no wonder he can't seem to get players playing for him as a manager himself. There's just no happiness in Roy's footballing world.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Denn Forever

Stew name me the other world class players from Ireand that would get on 'your' best world 11 better than Keane?

Oh Ah Paul McGrath.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

The Real Laoislad

Funniest post of the year.
Liam Brady had more skill in his big toe than Keane had overall not to mention Ronnie Whelan,Paul Mcgrath,John Giles,Kevin Moran and many more
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stew

Quote from: milltown row on November 20, 2009, 10:44:15 PM
Quote from: stew on November 20, 2009, 10:34:43 PM

Yip, I would say that the FAI are shitting themselves for Trappatoni to either A. Die or B. retire so that they can hire that world class manager Roy Keane, he is more likely to manage norn Ireland that the ROI.

your kidding yourselves if you dont think Roy Keane will not manage Ireland. get real.

I think Keane has more chance sitting with Dunphy on the RTE panel or winning the lotto than being the republics manager.

Why would the FAI hire the cnut when all he does is mete out abuse to them?

Roy fcuks up everything he touches these days, he is about as out of his depth at managing as Stan is and that takes some doing.

I doubt that Roy will manage again after he walks out on Ipswich.

Milltown, are you a man utd fan and or Celtic fan?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 20, 2009, 10:48:52 PM

Oh Ah Paul McGrath.

Liam Brady.

John Giles.

Thats about it, the man was an unreal footballer.

Now if you are talking better players for Ireland in terms of being a good team mate etc, then just about anybody that played for them, no one else wrecked a f**king world cup finals by acting the gypsy.

Hurler on the Bitch

Sorry - I am not going to read the past posts but I have just watched the bbc interview with the 'one'. That man is so far up his own a**e that he needs a boot in the baltics. For a start; Henri, says KEANE, was wrong, the Irish fans were robbed, the Irish team was ROBBED ... but HEY! slap it up the FAI for gurning! Burying the hatchet .. not!

What an arrogant a&&hole! Did you see his reaction to the journo whose phone went off? Ignorant C&&t! He is at the end of the day a CORK TUG! who has the intelligence of a dogshite! Who the feck is he to Pontificate about the performance of the Irish team given the position Ipswich are in (at least the Irish team TURNED UP and HAD A GO! .. UNLIKE SOME) .. and dare I mention Sunderland? He thinks he is Ferguson lambasting the meejah .. but ROY .. you are an arrogant Pr££k! Discuss.

milltown row

Long live Roy Keane, King of Ireland and future Manager.

tell it like it is. Ireland are shite.

Paul McGrath, brilliant player (Keane far Better) . Wealan shite, Giles shite, Moran better gaelic player. 

anyway i only watch hurlng, soccer is for poofs

stiffler

Quote from: milltown row on November 20, 2009, 10:53:26 PM

Paul McGrath, brilliant player (Keane far Better) . Wealan shite, Giles shite, Moran better gaelic player. 

People should be banned for idiotic posts like such!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

muppet

Quote from: stew on November 20, 2009, 10:50:50 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on November 20, 2009, 10:48:52 PM

Oh Ah Paul McGrath.

Liam Brady.

John Giles.

Thats about it, the man was an unreal footballer.

All great players, but he has more medals than the three put together and no that doesn't make him better on it's own (**waits for the John O'Shea argument**) but the fact that he was the captain and frequently dragged his team to many of those titles does. None of the others did that and I say that as a huge Liam Brady fan.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: milltown row on November 20, 2009, 10:53:26 PM

You are a conflicted child arent ya son, go take a tablet and lie down, I am embarassed for ya. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[